26 12
Thread
Printable Version

Being Mary Jane Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Being Mary Jane Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The pilot for the series will air on July 2, 2013.

The full series is to debut in 2014

Being Mary Jane is an upcoming BET series starring Gabrielle Union,

From the producers of the award-winning, record-breaking BET comedy The Game and No. 1 box-office romantic comedy Jumping the Broom comes an original movie starring the gorgeous and talented Gabrielle Union. This is a story to which millions of modern women will both relate and respond. Mary Jane Paul is a one-woman show: a successful TV news anchor and an entirely self-sufficient powerhouse who remains devoted to a family that doesn’t share her motivation. Intense drama and unforgettable moments unfold as Mary Jane juggles her life, her relationships, her work and commitments to her family.

Show Site

[ Last edited by bala at 1-23-2014 17:05 ]

Being Mary Jane

Pilot

Good episode I feel bad for Mary Jane her family is a mess she seems to be the only responsible .

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I thought she was brave to tell his wife that her husband was cheating on her but the ending stealing the guys sperm was rather disturbing

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Shame we have to wait 1 year for next episode

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yes but i like the fact the guy played her at her own game That was amusing

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Yes what  COWARD at least have the guts to man up and say he wanted to see Mary Jane

1x03

Well at first i thought it was dream with that music at the start but he did propose to her so glad she walked away . I really liked that they also show argument between his wife and him .

The Huxtables Have Fallen

Well her brother walking in while she giving a guy Oral sex was amusing but him saying she had an addiction was amusing . .

Reply 20#20 codebreaker's post

Yes she handled it well but Mary really can't give him up but her speech was right at meeting

Reply 23#23 codebreaker's post

Yep but she really didn't expect him to move on thinking he would wait for her forever

Hindsight is 20/40

Well she finally did the right thing but it took such a long time and argument at beginning was good way to start the discussion but did he tell his kids or not ?.

Reply 30#30 codebreaker's post

This was season finale ?

this episode was very amusing

Who would thought she would end up being more crazy than rest of her family

Reply 34#34 codebreaker's post

She really needs to get over David

2x02 Freedom

Mary Jane helping her friend out when his parents come to visit because they didn't know he was gay but his father having a go at him for not being honest with them was sad because he wasn't angry he just didn't like his son lied to him disappointed that he raised such a weak man

Reply 40#40 codebreaker's post

Look like she didn't mind consider she went on without him

Niecy going through mary jane camera footage was evasion of privacy and why would anyone put security camera in bedroom don't normally put out exterior of house for intruders? . Seem like a odd place to put them

Reply 41#41 codebreaker's post

She was right about mary-jane drinking problem don't you think ?

i can't believe after what Niecy said in the restaurant to son's father she would do him again

Reply 44#44 codebreaker's post

True but i don't think she was expecting that outcome

Reply 45#45 codebreaker's post

It was tragic but the discussion about society treats black men that unable handle pressure seem a bit ridclous everyone has life pressure

Reply 48#48 codebreaker's post

Mary Jane trying makes mends with people in her life was great but i am glad she's not pregnant she a right mess needs to get her life in order before bring a child into this world. I would love to see that hair on tv

26 12
Thread