48 123
Thread
Printable Version

Hostages Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hostages Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Hostages Premieres on CBS on September 23, 2013

Hostages is a high-octane suspense drama about a premiere surgeon thrust into a chilling political conspiracy when her family is taken hostage by rogue FBI Agent Duncan Carlisle. Dr. Ellen Sanders and her family are held captive in their home by Carlisle, a desperate man doing the wrong thing for the right reasons, who orders her to assassinate the President when she operates on him. His highly skilled accomplices include his brother-in-law Kramer, whose loyalty to Carlisle will be tested; quick-tempered and intimidating Archer, an ex-military man with a razor-sharp tongue; and the only woman involved, Sandrine, a mysterious last-minute replacement to the team. With her family's life in peril, Ellen faces an incomprehensible moral dilemma in order to save her overbearing husband Brian, her secretive daughter Morgan and her not-so-innocent son Jake. In this high-stakes standoff between Ellen and Carlisle, fraught with tremendous national and personal consequences, the choices between right and wrong become even more blurred.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Hostages Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-22-2013 09:54 ]

After watching the fall preview show this looks like the best CBS new shows but I do like the look of all the comedy shows

This has now been added to the flash site

Pilot

Well this was another ok pilot but the problem is how will they make hostage situation last a whole season however i did like the fact that she had outsmarted the hostage taker by giving the president blood thinners which would take 2 week for him to recover which has now made the rest of season into one hell of long show.

1x01 Pilot

Why Ellen never said anything about the missing photo strange and placing cameras in her home while the daughter was home risky but why didn't the dog bark when he placed the cameras and talk about a rogue FBI agent first seeing Duncan save the bank hostages only to then to take the doctor and her family hostage but delaying the surgery was a risky move

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

Why does every American TV family have boring secrets and cliche problems ?

Invisible Leash

Well making them put GPS tracker inside their bodies was one hell invisible leash but i have to say getting husband visit his mistress was rather amusing .

1x02 Invisible Leash

I bet a lot of parents wish they could put trackers in their children but taking Brian to his mistress and expecting him to perform knowing they were listening was amusing but killing Angela should be a wake up call that they mean business

1x03 Power of Persuasion

Well convincing president to stick with that surgeon was tricky but watcher just sitting there while kid gets beaten up was cruel.   Glad one of them did something about it at the end . Tell his wife he's having an affair was a surprise.

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-9-2013 16:31 ]

Reply 12#12 bala's post

Ellen meeting Duncan's daughter to try and gain insight into his life was surprising and allowing Jake to get beat up so not to draw attention to themselves was cruel but lets hope beating up Jake's attacker doesn't backfire

2:45 PM

Well their escape plan had so many problem i am surprised they got as far as they did but it was obvious they would be a consequence to them escaping and now she has to make a tough choice

1x04 - 2.45 PM

Their plan with their kids to escape from Duncan was never going to work this early in the season but 8 out of 10 for effort and shooting Brian might of done her a favour as he was cheating on her but she's stupid enough to go back and save him

1x05 Truth And Consequences

I was right with her being stupid enough to go back and save his cheating ass and Morgan's boyfriend was lucky to get out alive but Ellen being chosen because she killed before was an interesting twist

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Well that's the problem when you married but the son being stupid enough to call the house was rather annoying. . You would think he would been happy that fact that there have no parental supervision if they got to Canada.

48 123
Thread