59 123
Thread
Printable Version

Almost Human Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Almost Human Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Premières November 17, 2013

The year is 2048. Meet JOHN KENNEX (Urban), a cop who survived one of the most catastrophic attacks ever made against the police department. After waking up from a 17-month coma, he can't remember much – except that his partner was killed; his girlfriend, ANNA MOORE (guest star Mekia Cox, "Crazy, Stupid, Love.," "Undercovers"), left him after the attack; and he lost one of his legs and is now outfitted with a highly sophisticated synthetic appendage.

Suffering from depression, mental atrophy, trauma-onset OCD, PTSD and the "psychological rejection of his synthetic body part," John returns to work at the behest of longtime ally Captain SANDRA MALDONADO (Emmy Award nominee Lili Taylor, " Six Feet Under," "Ransom"). By mandate, every cop must partner with a robot. And despite his passionate aversion to androids, John is paired up with a battle-ready MX-43. But he abruptly terminates his partnership after the robot discovers incriminating information about him. So technician RUDY LOM (Mackenzie Crook, "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise) introduces John to DORIAN (Ealy), a discontinued android with unexpected emotional responses. Although such responses were deemed flaws, it is in these "flaws" that John relates to Dorian most. After all, John is part-machine now, and Dorian is part-human. John and Dorian's understanding of each other not only complements them, it connects them.

As he adjusts to working with his new partner, John also must learn to get along with his new colleagues, including the eager and somewhat starstruck Detective VALERIE STAHL (Minka Kelly, "Friday Night Lights," "(500) Days of Summer") and the distrustful Detective RICHARD PAUL (Michael Irby, "Law Abiding Citizen," "The Unit"), who does not welcome John back with open arms.

ALMOST HUMAN will follow the week-to-week missions of John and Dorian, as they fight crime across this futuristic landscape, while the mysteries surrounding his attack and the larger mythology of this new world unfold.

Show Site

[ Last edited by bala at 10-22-2013 13:06 ]

[ Last edited by bala at 11-10-2013 16:34 ]

Official Trailer | ALMOST HUMAN

Almost Human Panel -- SDCC 2013

Ro-bromance (Trailer) | ALMOST HUMAN | FOX BROADCASTING

ALMOST HUMAN Extended Preview |

clips from pilot

pilot

Well this was ok pilot but i just don't know it felt like very rushed pilot with so many things happening and nothing really surprised me but i think Dorian actually getting the respect at the end was priceless but calling him man every-time he speaks was amusing.

I am not surprised Dorian want to keep his secret because without him he would be switch off . This has potential cop series i just think with late start it might not do as well .

Episode 2 clips

1x02 Skin

Well another ok episode but kind of freaky that sexbot had human dna but he should of known better than try test it out because it got him killed .

Let's also discuss new technology starting with DNA bomb what a amazing concept have a bomb that destroy all DNA in room was interesting . Whoever invent something like that was certainly a criminal which begs one question how can someone get convicted if there's no DNA tiring them to a crime ?. No wonder crime is up 400%.

Slient rounds is next generation bullets who don't make a sound when firing which means there is no need for a silencer another evolution of technology .

I really did find it amusing Dorian set up dating profile for his partner was amusing since he thought it was joking .

This has now been added to the flash site

I'm going to check this out when they've aired a few more episodes. They were heavily promoting this in the States when I was there for a few weeks. Billboards all over the place!

Reply 14#14 shinny's post

i just hope it wasn't a waste of money

Fox just might have too much spare change, lol!

Reply 14#14 shinny's post

they did promote it but then they delayed the release so long, i'm not sure it's going to go as well as expected.

I enjoyed the first hour a lot.  The second wasn't nearly as entertaining.....we'll see
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 17#17 arksongbird80's post

i liked the second episode more than first

1x01 Pilot

I'm not surprised Kennex pushed his first synthetic partner out the car as your partner is supposed to have your back not report you and Dorian is a vast improvement on the first

1x02 Skin

Kennex scaring the kid when he stabbed his leg amusing and the high quality sexbots are a vast improvement on the inflatable dolls it's just a shame they used human skin in the process

59 123
Thread