51 123
Thread
Printable Version

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (ABC) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland (ABC) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland Premieres on ABC on October 10, 2013

In Victorian England, the young and beautiful Alice (Sophie Lowe) tells a tale of a strange new land that exists on the other side of a rabbit hole. An invisible cat, a hookah smoking caterpillar and playing cards that talk are just some of the fantastic things she’s seen during this impossible adventure. Surely this troubled girl must be insane and her doctors aim to cure her with a treatment that will make her forget everything. Alice seems ready to put it all behind her, especially the painful memory of the genie she fell in love with and lost forever—the handsome and mysterious Cyrus (Peter Gadiot). But deep down Alice knows this world is real and just in the nick of time, the sardonic Knave of Hearts (Michael Socha) and the irrepressible White Rabbit (John Lithgow) arrive to save her from a doomed fate. Together, the trio will take a tumble down the rabbit hole to this Wonderland where nothing is impossible.

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland stars Sophie Lowe (Beautiful Kate) as Alice, Michael Socha (This Is England) as Knave of Hearts, Peter Gadiot (The Forbidden Girl) as Cyrus, Emma Rigby (Hollyoaks) as Queen of Hearts and John Lithgow (Third Rock From The Sun) as the voice of the White Rabbit.
Once Upon A Time In Wonderland was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (Once Upon A Time) who serve as executive producers. Steve Perlman and Zack Estrin also serve as executive producers and the pilot was directed by Ralph Hemecker. Once Upon A Time In Wonderland is produced by ABC Studios.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Once Upon A Time In Wonderland Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-11-2013 06:56 ]

I don't know whether i am going watch this or not because it's very limited unlike once upon a time there are a lot more characters but this one limited Wonderland character only. They really should put this as summer show when once upon a time season is over .

Pilot: Down the Rabbit Hole

I didn't hate it, but I didn't really feel connected to anyone.  Wasn't Gina's mom the Red Queen (Cora)   Who's this new broad.  WHY OH WHY is the CGI so bad.  It's just distracting.   The love story is predictable and WHO is the Knave of hearts?  Love the actor, but not sure about his character. I hope to see more characters from other stories.  Jasmine, Aladdin someone else.  I dunno.  I hope they cross over some with OUAT to keep the two grounded.  I'll keep watching. Here's hoping.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Reply 6#6 arksongbird80's post

I was a bit disappointed. I mean, I never saw Alice in Wonderland, I never read the story. I didn't know the characters before starting to watch, but this makes it really difficult to follow. I liked the overall episode with the 'I told you' moment when the doctor saw the rabbit. I don't know how I feel about the rabbit working with the Red Queen to get her here, but I'm wondering how they'll get from one world to another and I hope I will get less confused about all the characters.

Well since i had no expectation i felt this was ok pilot and that i wasn't disappointed.
Quote:
Wasn't Gina's mom the Red Queen (Cora)
Yes Cora was the red queen but we dont know whether she was before or after Cora ?. We don't know time-period which makes it easy writer mess around with character since they are no fact behind the myths. My second possible reason could be different Realms. Take your pick.
Quote:
WHO is the Knave of hearts?
Knave of Hearts

I think there are really taking liberties with this spin-off because there isn't much content they could do Alice in wonderland so they have somehow introduce new character to keep the series going but combine this with Aladdin myth does seem like they are pushing it.

When did Alice learn to fight like that if she been in mental hospital for number of years no way her reflexes would be as good as it was when she escaped.

It does seem like you have to switch your brain off and watch this series because it for entrainment purposes only.

1x01 Down the Rabbit Hole

What a nice change having an American produced show based in Victorian London using a British cast, the Knave of Hearts watching Alice take on all the asylum staff was amusing and the doctors face after seeing the rabbit was priceless

episode 2

so the bad guys just puffed at each other.,  The knave was a jerk so we touched on that.  Alice quickly realized he may not love her but just as quickly that was squashed.   The knave can't swim, put in a position where that would be a problem, quick fix- giant turtle that doesn't talk and allowed its self to put bullied for a ride.   

This needs to have more depth and more suspense or it won't make the 4 episode arc.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

1x02 Trust Me

I was expecting the Knave to be dunked in the lake by the fairy because of their past and the fact he cant swim made it amusing but the turtle was a little too convenient, the message in the Origami dragon was a nice touch

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

I had feeling she was going drop him in lake as well but landing on turtle was rather ridiculous

1x03 forget me not

Well getting trapped by orger and than having monster attack him was challenge to get forget me rope.

Knive was in love with red queen was interesting

Reply 15#15 bala's post

Grendel selling Alice and the Knave down the river after saving him from the monster was tragic especially as Jafar then killed him instead of bringing his wife back and the Knave's past with Anastasia was a surprising twist

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

I am interested how Anastasia became red queen

Reply 17#17 bala's post

The same way Will became the Knave I guess

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

Are you suggesting Knave is also working for red queen?

Reply 19#19 bala's post

No but jumping through the looking glass they both got what they wanted

51 123
Thread