101 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Mako Mermaids (Netflix) General Discussion

Mako Mermaids (Netflix) General Discussion

Mako: Island of Secrets, internationally released as Mako Mermaids, is an Australian television programme for children, pre-teens and teenagers. The show is a spin-off of H2O: Just Add Water.

Zac is a teenage boy who decides to camp on Mako Island, unaware that three mermaids, Sirena, Nixie and Lyla, who are guardians of the island, are watching him. That night, when the full moon rises, the boy comes into contact with the magic water of the Moon Pool. The following morning, Zac discovers that he has the ability to control and manipulate water. Later, after accidentally falling into the water, he finds that he has also become a merman with a fish-like tail. His new-found merman abilities will cause problems for the mermaids.

The three mermaids, curious about living on land and motivated to remove Zac's merman powers, venture onto the land and learn to live among humans.

Source

[ Last edited by bala at 8-7-2013 20:08 ]

Mako Mermaids Full Trailer - Netflix - July 26

1x01 Outcasts

Trust the two boys deciding to camp out on Mako Island especially as it was the night of the full moon but the girls messing with their fishing lines was amusing and being a part-time merman after he accidentally fell into the Moon Pool was a novel twist

1x02 Getting Legs

Using Sirena's Moon Ring to gain legs was understandable but watching them walk for the first time was amusing and how predictable when Zac looses his tail he's clothed but the girls getting legs are naked

1x03 Meeting Rita

I'm not surprised the school's principle, Rita, became suspicious since the girls are not registered at the school but confiscating Sirena's moon ring without warning was surprising until they found out she's also a mermaid

1x04 Lyla Alone

Lyla attempting to turn Zac into merman was never going to be easy but getting trapped in the café's freezer as a mermaid did make changing back awkward

1x05 Blizzard

Snowing indoors after trying to change the weather using moon ring was a little predictable as every time they try it backfires but that rash after the snow did look nasty and the end was priceless when Rita got caught in the snow

1x06 Dolphin Tale

The girls having no idea how to talk to the guys was amusing but David and his brother's new boat having a fish finder was unfortunate for Nixie after she went for a swim and nice work messing with the boat

1x07 Zac's Pool Party

Evie deciding to throw Zac a surprise pool party was a bad idea and I'm not surprised Evie was starting to believes Zac's strange behaviour was the result of him seeing another girl

1x08 Zac's Return to Mako

The girls believing that complete isolation from the moon will cure Zac of his powers was an interesting idea but the more time he spends with the girls Evie is going to get more suspicious and now the Zac has confided in the girls they should confide in him about them being mermaids

1x09 The Siren

Sirena's enchanting voice backfiring was amusing as David fell for Nixie and not what they wanted but Zac using his powers to sneak into Rita's office and find the test answers was bound to have consequence

1x10 Zac Returns to Mako

Lyla stealing Rita's Moon Ring could of had disastrous consequences

1x11 I Don't Believe in Mermaids

Nixie giving Ben some bad advice when he refused to go sailing to the South Pacific with his parents was unfortunate as she was trying to do the right thing and showing him the truth was a surprise

1x12 Close Call

Sirena using shells and pearls she finds in the ocean in order to earn money was a great idea until she was almost spotted Zac

1x13 Betrayal

Lyla being the only one who was desperate to prevent Zac from grabbing the trident was interesting as nobody knows what will happen and Evie has every right to think something is going on with Lyla and Zac but what a way for him to find out about them

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Well it certainly makes this unique situation since i don't think there's has been  a merman in the H20 i am guessing this was only unexplored storyline i was thinking he was going turn into Neptune.

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

Well it's really amazing what we human take for granted like crossing the road and girl being naked was amusing but consider they never had clothes apart from tops. In H20 girl always had clothes when transform back into human form. This is kids show so they have to be clothed.

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

Well i knew she had to be a mermaid it gave away in trailer so i wasn't surprised but it's clear those girl need a mentor and i think whether she like it or not she will be theirs.

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Not really a great plan but using Rita's coins to buy clothes was amusing .

101 123456
Thread