Thread
Printable Version

Mako Mermaids (Netflix) General Discussion

its so weird this new series doesn't follow any of the old series cannon? Even the Island is different. If mermen are enemies of mermaids where do mermaids come from?

Reply 61#61 gabsimom's post

it's a spin off

2x01 The Seventh Cycle

The two new mermaids falling off their feet at the sight of the cat was amusing and so much for trying to not stand out with the exploding drink but Evie getting caught in the pool trying to save Zac was great

2x02 Sticky Situation

Mimmi and Ondina were bound to try and turn Evie back from being a mermaid but they should of checked where she was first and Evie finding out she has powers so soon was surprising

Reply 63#63 codebreaker's post

Look like expanded cast added more characters and i am glad  Evie going to mermaid

2x03 Discovery

Cam trying to look out for Evie was a little over the top and that was a close call for Ondina after that spell and with Erik going to the island

2x04 A New Tail

I thought Erik's curiosity about what he seen was going to become a problem but Ondina changing in front of him was surprising and the fact he shown his tail was a bigger surprise

Reply 64#64 codebreaker's post

i thought it was funny when she took a shower not realising what would happen . That spell was bound cause problem and it does seem the show love putting mermaid  character in awkward situation

Reply 66#66 codebreaker's post

Look like there more Merman artefact lying around meko island but why do i suspect Erik will become a second merman ?

Reply 67#67 codebreaker's post

look like i was right about Erik but i suppose the intro ruin that surprised glad he was original not created

2x05 Bad for Business

It's a good job Mimmi could talk to the whale and get them to show off for Evie's dad but Erik having a crush on Ondina was predictable

2x06 Stormy Seas

Ondina trying to prove who's the better teacher with Sirena was amusing

2x07 Awakening

Evie behaving strange because of the full moon was amusing

Reply 71#71 codebreaker's post

Yes him having a crush is predictable but i am glad we meet Evie's dad because we never seen her parent last season.

2x08 Land School

Mimmi getting stuck in the classroom was awkward as they had to pretend she was home schooled by the principle and I think Zac is right about not trusting Erik

Reply 72#72 codebreaker's post

Shame my version cut off first half of the episode so i had find another source . Cam lifeguard job became a bit difficult because Erik show him his merman tail .

2x09 Stowaway

Ondina being followed by the young mermaid was predictable and you just knew she would be a hand full but the boat thing was amusing

2x10 Keeping the Secret

It was obvious Evie would go looking for her dads watch in the water and trying to convince David he didn't see a mermaid was bizarre as nobody believed him anyway but after the cameras they had to stop him

Reply 73#73 codebreaker's post

Seeing the moon effect on evie was great   

great acting

2x11 Only as Young as You Feel

Ondina tampering with Mimmi's body lotion had amusing side affects and with Rita also being affected was just bad timing

Thread