Thread
Printable Version

Back in the Game Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Back in the Game Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Back in the Game Premieres on ABC on September 25, 2013

Terry Gannon Jr. (Maggie Lawson) was an All Star softball player until life threw her a couple curve balls: a baby, a lost college scholarship and a loser for a husband. After striking out on her own, Terry and her son Danny (Griffin Gluck) move in with her estranged father, Terry Sr. aka “The Cannon” (James Caan). The Cannon is an opinionated, beer-guzzling, ex-athlete who never quite made the cut as a single father or professional baseball player. As hard as Terry tries to keep Danny away from the sports-driven lifestyle of her youth, Danny wants to play Little League. His stunning lack of baseball skills (he doesn’t even know which hand the mitt goes on) makes him the laughing stock of the baseball field and his grandfather’s living room. When Danny and a group of other athletically-challenged hopefuls fail to make the team, Danny’s disappointment forces Terry to face her past. So when a wealthy neighbor volunteers to finance a team for the rejected kids, Terry reluctantly offers to coach the team of misfits.

Back In The Game stars Maggie Lawson (Psych) as Terry, Jr.; James Caan (Las Vegas) as Terry "The Cannon" Gannon, Sr.; Lenora Crichlow (Being Human, Fast Girls) as Gigi; Griffin Gluck (Private Practice) as Danny;  Ben Koldyke (Big Love) as Dick;  Kennedy Waite (I-Doll) as Vanessa;  J.J. Totah (Jessie) as Michael; and Cooper Roth as David.
Back In The Game was written by Mark and Robb Cullen (Lucky, Las Vegas), who also executive produce along with directors John Requa and Glenn Ficarra (Bad Santa, Crazy, Stupid, Love) and Aaron Kaplan (The Neighbors). Back In The Game is from 20TH Century Fox Television/ Kapital Entertainment.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Back in the Game Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-26-2014 08:35 ]

1x01 Pilot

Terry throwing water at Dick for what he said about Danny was amusing and the fact that Danny was only playing to impress Vanessa wasn't going well as he sucked but kissing her boyfriend was priceless, it's a good job Terry remembered how to pitch to win the bet

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

I think kiss that boy was interesting way to get rid of bully but getting punch should of been expected . Those are some misfits that really need a lot of help .

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 Stay In or Bail Out

I'm not sure what a number 3 is but from the look on their faces it stank and Terry's job at the car lot didn't last long but doing the right think for the customer was nice as she had been saving for 14 years

1x03 Play Hard or Go Home

What a jerk flying a toy helicopter while the kids were playing but Terry trying to find a date for her dad was amusing as the kids actually found her and him spending the night with his own date was priceless as he picked the worst one to annoy Terry

1x04 The Change Up

Danny taking The Cannon's advice to be a bad boy was amusing but it's just a shame Vanessa seen him get knocked down and if she joins the team things should get interesting

1x05 She. Could. Go. All. The. Way!

Terry making the first move by asking Jack out on a date was amusing as it's the first time since she was pregnant but what she did when she found out he was bad was priceless and I cant believe The Cannon was teaching her son how to shoplift

1x06 Night Games

Danny and Terry both wanting to spend the evening with their own friends was interesting as Terry was only going because her school nemesis was going, Danny asking the Cannon for help with Halloween bullies I thought would end badly

1x07 Safety Squeeze

Danny's reaction after Dudley farted on his bear was amusing and I'm not surprised he didn't want it on the table while having breakfast

1x08 No Crying in Baseball

Cannon trying to take the planned birthday paint-ball outing as an opportunity to teach the boys how to stand up for themselves against bullies was interesting but Danny getting the bullies was great

1x09 Massive Election

I'm glad Terry decided to challenge Dick for league presidency as he was living up to his name

1x10 I’ll Slide Home for Christmas

The Cannon ordering strippers for Christmas was a surprise and so much for Terry's plan for a perfect Christmas

1x11 Color Barrier

Cannon's old school training did come across racist but his mouth was bound to get him into trouble again and using Lulu to try and get him back was amusing, the so called apology was nice

1x12 Sports Therapy

Vanessa coming over to study with Danny was interesting as Terry though it was their first date and trust the Cannon to spoil it for them but at leased he was able to fix it

1x13 Who's First

The Cannon dating Danny's teacher despite Danny's warnings was amusing but after dinner he was bound to regret his decision and Terry and Lulu both have their eyes on the new guy Patrick was interesting as Terry had more in common with him

Bad News Bears for the small screen.

Thread