66 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Wonderland (AU) (Network Ten) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Wonderland (AU) (Network Ten) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Wonderland (AU) Premiered on Network Ten on August 21, 2013

Wonderland is a warm and engaging relationship drama revolving around four couples at very different stages of life – the star-crossed singles, blissful newlyweds, hot new lovers and long-term marrieds. We join them as they navigate the light-hearted and sometimes painful minefield of love and friendship.

ABOUT THE SHOW

Set in Wonderland, an apartment building on the doorstep of one of Australia’s most beautiful beaches, the residents are an eclectic bunch, but they all have something essential in common: each of them reminds us of someone we know, or even ourselves.

There’s charming bachelor Tom Wilcox (Michael Dorman; Wild Boys, The Secret Life Of Us, Blood Brothers), uptight lawyer Grace Barnes (Brooke Satchwell; Packed To The Rafters, Tripping Over, White Collar Blue), fun and sexy PR princess Dani Varvaris (Jessica Tovey; Paper Giants: The Birth of Cleo, Home and Away, Mr & Mrs Murder) and restless wife and teacher Colette Riger (Emma Lung; The Straits, Entourage).

Joining them is banker and Dani’s new husband, Steve Beaumont (Tim Ross; Neighbours, Rush), Colette’s all-round good guy husband Rob Duffy (Ben Mingay; An Officer and a Gentleman, Packed To The Rafters), aspiring photographer, Steve’s sister and Tom’s new flatmate, Miranda Beaumont (WAAPA graduate, newcomer Anna Bamford) and hot Brazilian engineering student Carlos dos Santos (Glenn McMillan; Power Rangers).

Also living in the Wonderland building is Tom’s mum, Maggie Wilcox (Tracy Mann; Sleeping Beauty, Laid, Sweet and Sour) who finds more and more reasons to stay away from the vineyard she shares with husband Warwick (Peter Phelps; Stingers, Rescue Special Ops, Underbelly); and eccentric collector and Grace’s flatmate-to-be Harry Hewitt (Michael Booth; Packed To The Rafters).

While their lives are rarely predictable, there’s one constant that pulls them together – FAT night (Food Appreciation Time). Once a week, they clear their diaries for a fun and fiercely contested cooking competition, with a different person providing their culinary twist on the same dish. FAT night is as much about the conversation as it is about rating each other’s cooking.

But whether it’s the weekly catch up at FAT night or just sharing time in the building and beyond, their emotional lives are a complex matrix: will Tom be able to resist his feelings for Miranda despite a promise to her brother Steve? Will Grace find something deeper with Carlos than a party pash? How will Dani and Steve negotiate the challenges of married life? And just what is going on with Rob and Colette?

There is no better place to be this year than catching up with new friends in Wonderland. The series will leave viewers eager to hang out with their favourite people, hungry for an invite to the next FAT night and yearning to move into the Wonderland building.

Wonderland is a 22-part drama produced by FremantleMedia Australia for Network Ten.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Wonderland (AU) Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-18-2013 14:59 ]

1x01 The Wedding

I hope Dani gets rid of the wedding pants before Steve sees them but Kristen asking Tom to marry her in front of everyone was wrong as it wasn't her day but saying no in front of everyone was bound to upset her but taking his car to their special spot was amusing as he had no ides where their special spot is

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

I am not sure how i feel about this series it look like ok show but it's obvious what direction the series will be going but you just know that he's going to end up marry the girl who has just moved in . That contact will be the problem but technically he could still date her for 1 year.

Episode 2

Well the newly married couple returning from their honeymoon and groom finding out his sister has moved in with Tom certainly made him uncomfortable but than saying she will looking for a place when you just knew she would end up staying there at end was amusing but Tom giving her some garage space was a nice thing.

Kirsten gatecrashing the dinner was predictable and amusing

The preview look really interesting

1x02 The Obsession

Dani calling Steve's belonging crap was tactless and you can understand why Steve was uncomfortable about Miranda moving in with Tom but Grace trying to avoid Carlos by climbing the gate in a dress was priceless and Kristen gatecrashing the party was a surprise and taking her salad bowl was amusing but I though she was going to tip it over his head

1x03 Parking

Wow there really don't stop the drama on this series it was intense i felt bad for Rob,  how was he suppose to react to finding out his spouse cheated on him but i really hope preview doesn't come true and he ends in jail for trying to kill him. I knew Tom and Miranda would eventually kiss but i wasn't expecting it this soon. So much for the bet .

Grace end up doing it in that god ugly van was amusing but getting a parking ticket was amusing but i wonder whether it moving violation or not . Sorry couldn't resist making a joke.

1x03 The Parking

I'm not surprise she thought the parking inspector was giving her a ticket but his number and asking her out for coffee was amusing and from what I could tell he deserved the ticket for the way he parked his car as it was on the line and not inside the line

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

Yes 3/4 rules that he thought was applicable was crazy as i never heard that.

1x04 Celebrity

Rob insisting Colette tells him who the one-night stand was with was never going to end well and Kristen asking Tom to go to counselling with her was surprising

1x05 Dreams

Tom giving his father back his half of the vineyard was a surprise and I didn't think Rob would come back so soon

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Well at least they got video pixellied  to prevent their identity . Well he has every right to me punch the guy

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Well i think when his mate asked him that question was the reason he came back but there still some mending that is needed in that relationship

Episode 6

Well Guys finding out about Rob situation was great but it will take time for him forgive Grace .

1x06 Personal Space

Rob taking his time to forgive Grace for her indiscretion is more realistic and after that photo-shoot it's obvious Tom is starting to fall for Miranda

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

And she is also fall for him

1x7 Hooking Up

Well Tom still has that bet so whether he likes it or not he really doesn't want to lose his car but should he tell Miranda about the bet?.

Reply 18#18 bala's post

It's a good job Carlos took Steve as his body guard to retrieve his wallet and Rob's romantic date was nice but the deck chair collapsing was amusing, Miranda's date standing up his mother was a bad idea

1x08 Macho

You can understand why the bicycle courier was pissed when Grace knocked him off his bike but Carlos chucking his bike over the cliff when he lost his temper was a surprise and of all his rotten look he delivered a package to Grace and got into another row with Carlos, Colette lying about riding her bike to work was a bad idea as their relationship is still on rocky ground

66 1234
Thread