Thread
Printable Version

What Remains Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

What Remains Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

What Remains Premiered on BBC One on August 25, 2013

What Remains is a drama series broadcast on BBC One. Michael and Vidya move into a new flat in Coulthard Street and as they prepare for the arrival of their first baby, a leak dripping through the ceiling sets off a chain of events that sees them making a stunning discovery. Nobody has lived in the top flat for years, but after Michael breaks in not everything is as it seems. Under the dust the discarded shopping sits rotting on the kitchen sideboard. The couple then discover a decomposed body in the eaves.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About What Remains Here

1x01 Episode 1

You can understand Michael breaking into the flat upstairs as there was a leak dripping through the ceiling but finding a decomposed body in the loft would put most people off from moving in and the fact nobody has lived in the top flat for years and the previous resident not being seen for two years but not being reported missing was strange

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

I agree, no one seems to have made any enquiries as to where the previous occupant Melissa went.  The flat wasnt even put on the market after such a long 'absence' which would haveat least made the neighbours discuss things.

I may have missed something but how come Vidya had keys for the upper flat wehen the former detective claimed he'd left his. Aslo, he didnt seem concerned when she came in with mop and bucket to clean up while they were doing the initial investigation.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

1x02 Episode 2

Elaine talking Melissa into posing for those photos was cruel as you could see see was uncomfortable and her attitude when Melissa asked her not to use them was diabolical, I wondered how Michael was going to get the key back before he missed them but putting them in the car ignition was clever

1x03 Episode 3

Learning Melissa was seeing Kieron was a surprise but the way his son is behaving around his new girlfriend had put him at the top of the suspect list next to his dad until Kieron came home drunk and forced himself on his girlfriend put him back at the top and that's some temper Elaine has

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

Oh from the trailer I dont think it was Keiron or his son.  It looks like it could be Liz roaming about when she thinks no one is around, spying on Melissa in the flat below although the person in the attic wasnt easily identified.

It will start to race along a things get to a head.  Funny how no one has twigged Len isnt on the force anymore but I guess one goes on what one knew before.  Still wanna know why Vidya has keys to Melissas flat.  I guess I must have missed something there.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

1x04 Episode 4

Kieron thinking his son could be responsible makes me feel better for suspecting him and Joe catching his Liz in bed with Michael was bound to push him over the edge, Vidya was lucky Len had figured Liz was a fugitive but Peggy killing Melissa was a surprise and Elaine eventually got what she deserved

This has now been added to the flash site

Thread