44 123
Thread
Printable Version

Peaky Blinders Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Peaky Blinders Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Peaky Blinders Premiered on BBC Two on September 12, 2013

Peaky Blinders is an epic gangster family saga that begins in 1919 in the lawless slum neighborhoods of post-war Birmingham. Returning soldiers, newly-minted revolutionaries and criminal gangs all fight for survival in an industrial landscape gripped by economic upheaval. Guns smuggled home from the trenches find their way onto the streets and become lethal currency. Communists don't just dream of revolution - they are planning for it and the government is expecting it. As Churchill mobilizes his Special Branch forces, illegal bookmakers make fortunes in speak-easy betting shops and traumatised infantrymen drink away their shell shock in riotous ale houses.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Peaky Blinders Here

1x01 Episode 1

It's amazing what they had behind closed doors from the front a traditional terrace back to back house but out the back the biggest illegal betting outfit and C.I. Campbell is taking no prisoners with his approach on policing, as I'm from Birmingham and this is supposed to be back in 1919 so I'm glad they did their homework with street names, using the canal boat to get rid of the body after the fake shooting made life easy

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 Episode 2

How on earth the residents didn't hear the police on horse back doing the early morning raid was unbelievable as the horse galloped up the cobbled street and kissing Campbell when he pushed her up against the wall was amusing and what was Ada thinking getting pregnant while having a secret affair with Freddie but Grace trying to get close to Tommy in the hope to lead the police to the guns is going to be dangerous

1x03 Episode 3

I know Grace killed him in self-defence but following him wasn't part of her arrangement and the fact someone was watching from behind the curtains she has put herself in danger, Grace starting the day as a barmaid and ending the day as a whore with the clap was amusing

1x04 Episode 4

The war with the Lees was bound to escalate but ransack the Shelbys' betting shop and placing a hand-grenade in the motor could of killed the kid but Grace's information to the police about the Peaky Blinder's illegal operations and warehouse's I thought was going to backfire with them searching them all

1x05 Episode 5

For a moment I thought Grace was going to dig up the grave when she found out he was still alive but Campbell proposing to Grace after she resigned at being his informant was a surprise and the look on his face when he found out she had gone with Shelby was priceless but at leased they got the guns back

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-26-2013 11:46 ]

1x06 Episode 6

Ada getting in the middle of the gun fight was a surprise as she also had the baby with her and Kimber got what he deserved as he fired first but the machine guns made up for being out numbered and I cant believe they ended with Inspector Campbell about to shoot Grace I just hope she got the drop on him

2x01 Episode 1

I had to re-watch the last episode as it's been so long since I watched it, looks like I got my wish with Grace getting the drop on Campbell and the fact she never took her gun out her bag was great, using women with prams to deliver the bomb was sneaky and I'm guessing It was a warning with them all at the funeral, Campbell surviving the gun shot was disappointing

44 123
Thread