32 12
Thread
Printable Version

The Tunnel Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Tunnel Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Tunnel Premieres on Sky Atlantic on October 16, 2013

The Tunnel is a gripping new thriller from the makers of Broadchurch, set against the backdrop of Europe in crisis.

When a prominent French politician is found dead on the border between the UK and France, detectives Karl Roebuck (Games of Thrones’ Stephen Dillane) and Elise Wassermann (Harry Potter's Clémence Poésy) are sent to investigate on behalf of their respective countries. The case takes a surreal turn when a shocking discovery is made at the crime scene, forcing the French and British police into an uneasy partnership.

As the serial killer uses ever more elaborate and ingenious methods to highlight the moral bankruptcy of modern society, Karl and Elise are drawn deeper into his increasingly personal agenda.

Joining stars Stephen and Clémence are Joseph Mawle, who plays social worker Stephen Beaumont, and Tom Bateman as UK journalist Danny Hillier, who unintentionally becomes caught in the serial killer’s web, while Ashes To Ashes' Keeley Hawes and the venerable Liz Smith (The Royal Family) join them from episode two.

Tobi Bakare, Jeanne Balibar, Thibault de Montalembert, Mathieu Carrièrre, Angel Coulby and Jack Lowden also star, with Ben Richards (Spooks, Outcasts, Party Animals) heading up an Anglo-French writing team behind the 10-part series.

Source
Sky Atlantic

Discuss Anything About The Tunnel Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-15-2013 18:50 ]

British version of the bridge?

Reply 4#4 bala's post

What's wrong with that and the fact it's a tunnel should make it a little different

Reply 5#5 codebreaker's post

nothing wrong but i just like original show like The Psychopath Next Door.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

I'm gob smacked The Psychopath Next Door is a one off episode

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 10-17-2013 07:20 ]

Reply 7#7 codebreaker's post

I didn't know that i thought it was a series

Reply 8#8 bala's post

Sky are doing a couple of one off drama's like Lawless

1x01 Episode 1

The body being placed it the middle of a secure access tunnel would suggest a maintenance worker but the body being in two pieces wasn't a surprise or the fact it was two different halves and I'm a little disappointed how much was in French with English subtitles

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 Episode 2

How can the home help swap the medication when the old woman is obviously in pain and is also glad the help is there instead of her own children, Elise going alone to the slaughter house was foolish and she was lucky to get out alive

1x03 Episode 3

What a shame the French kids couldn't free the old man before the killer returned but why they thought the place was a wine cellar was bizarre as it looked more like an abandoned prison

1x04 Episode 4

I'm impressed they narrowed the cold storage where the old man was held to just two places from the audio from the web-cam but tragically the old guy died and I cant believe he escaped with so many police shooting at him, I was surprised the kids were still alive

1x05 Episode 5

The samaurai mission was gruesome but being stopped before he killed himself wasn't part of the master plan and for once he was speechless with Danny but as soon as Benji wanted to use the toilet I had a feeling he would kill himself, Elise saying Laura's dinner was bland was a little insensitive and Sophie was lucky

1x06 Episode 6

Stephen trying to escape on the ship was pointless but killing himself with the knife was a surprise and I knew Karl's son Adam fancied Elise but I didn't expect him to spend the night at her place

1x07 Episode 7

I cant believe he took the minibus full of children hostage just to highlight the child labour in the manufacture of trainers and killing the driver was tragic but at leased he did everything he could to save the children, the reporter was stupid to trust him

1x08 Episode 8

You can understand why Elise was pissed after the French police capture the prime suspect before losing him but shooting at the car knowing he had a police officer hostage was risky and I wonder if they still would of kidnapped Elise if she was still talking on the phone, the shooting at the farm house was a surprise

1x09 Episode 9

John worming his way into Laura's life was predictable but Karl's son falling for his on-line chat under the name Becky was interesting and talk about a close call entering his house, Laura was lucky to survive the booby-trap but why she hesitated after stepping off the trigger was crazy and now Adam is in danger

32 12
Thread