68 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Star-Crossed Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Star-Crossed Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Star-Crossed Premieres on The CW on February 17, 2014

When Emery was 6 years old, an alien spacecraft crash-landed in her small town. Whether they came in peace or with more sinister intentions didn't matter: a fierce battle erupted as humans fought for control over their new rivals, an alien species called the Atrians. In the midst of the conflict, Roman, a 6-year-old Atrian boy, found his way to a shed behind Emery's house, where she protected him from harm, bringing him food, comfort - and friendship. In their brief time together, Emery and Roman forged a deep bond, but the authorities wasted no time tracking Roman down and capturing him in a violent confrontation. Emery has grown up believing that Roman was killed that day. Ten years later, the Atrians have been acclimated to life on Earth, but they are interned in a heavily-guarded camp known as the Sector to keep them separate from humans. Now, for the first time, a group of Atrian teens will enroll in a suburban human high school, with the goal of testing the feasibility of human/alien integration. The eyes of the nation and the whole world are fixed on this historical social experiment, an endeavor fraught with suspicion and fear. In the mayhem of the first day, Emery is amazed to learn that Roman was not killed by the authorities and is, in fact, one of the Atrian students. Their childhood bond is quickly rekindled - in a school and a society that distrusts everything about the Atrians, Emery and Roman have found each other again. However, their relationship is threatened by the small-mindedness of their respective communities and the political agendas of people in power. While the world around them rages with anger and prejudice, their bond becomes increasingly strong and increasingly dangerous. As an epic Romeo and Juliet romance unfolds, a violent encounter between Roman's father and Emery's father occurs in the Sector. Can Roman and Emery's love - and peace between the species - survive?

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Star-Crossed Here

Star-Crossed - Only One Trailer

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-11-2014 22:30 ]

Star-Crossed - Series Premiere Clip

Star-Crossed - Pilot Producer's Preview

Pilot

i wasn't impressed with this pilot it was ok but it's no Roswell .

The blood transfer to save her friend was interesting way to end the first episode but her dad killing his father is bound to makes things rather complicated .

The problem is i couldn't really relate to the characters because they jumped 10 years and it create one hell of a massive plot hole like why she wasn't in school for 4 years or how her dad became one of the cops?. So many other questions like how did they create a whole section for them to stay in after the invasion.

I understand they have keep few things but to push us into new series without any background information of what happen after invasion was a bit annoying.

1x01 Pilot

The alien spacecraft that crashed not being your typical flying saucer made a nice change and Roman recognised Emery from the barn while she thought he was dead was nice and it looks she spent four years in hospital looking after her friend

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Do you honestly think her parent would allow her skip school for 4 years to look after her friend ?

I suspect she was sick and that how she met her friend in the hospital

We saw as child she was taking some sort of medicine but have no idea what she had

Reply 12#12 bala's post

They may have had no choice if she was quarantined for contact with an alien

This has now been added to the flash site

Star-Crossed - These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends

Reply 12#12 bala's post

I agree, I think she was sick as well and the other girl was her roommate at the hospital and that's how they became friends. I believe she even said it at the school to the Atrian, it was an immune deficiency. But she is now cured.
I actually think this was a pretty good pilot with a good continuation.
Her father being the guard now, I don't think it's that surprising as he is one of the few people who think the are not evil. He knows one of them tried to protect his daughter when the swat team busted through the door of the shed.
Killing the father was unfortunate. But the guy wasn't very smart to walk in the line of fire. It will create some tension though.

Oh and the love triangle, I hope it doesn't become too much.

Reply 16#16 kellemanske's post

So you actually liked the pilot because i didn't

Reply 17#17 bala's post

yes, I did. But I hope it stays interesting and doesn't become boring.

Reply 18#18 kellemanske's post

i know it wouldn't become boring but the first episode is weak in my opinion the second episode looks much better from preview with Roman .

68 1234
Thread