69 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Resurrection Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Resurrection Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Resurrection Premieres on ABC on March 09, 2014

The people of Arcadia, Missouri are forever changed when their deceased loved ones suddenly start to return. An 8-year-old American boy (Landon Gimenez) wakes up alone in a rice paddy in a rural Chinese province with no idea how he got there. Details start to emerge when the boy, who calls himself Jacob, recalls that his hometown is Arcadia, and an Immigration agent, J. Martin Bellamy (Omar Epps), takes him there. The home he claims as his own is occupied by an elderly couple, Henry (Kurtwood Smith) and Lucille Langston (Frances Fisher), who lost their son, Jacob, more than 30 years ago. While they look different, young Jacob recognizes them as his parents. Those closest to the family try to unravel this impossible mystery, including Sheriff Fred Langston (Matt Craven), whose wife, Barbara, drowned 30 years ago while trying to save Jacob. But this boy who claims to be the deceased Jacob knows secrets about his own death that no one else knows -- secrets that Fred's daughter, Maggie Langston (Devin Kelly), will begin to investigate and discover to be true.

Resurrection stars Omar Epps (House) as Martin, Matt Craven (Crimson Tide, A Few Good Men) as Fred, Devin Kelley (Chernobyl Diaries, The Chicago Code) as Maggie, Frances Fisher (Titanic) as Lucille, Kurtwood Smith (That 70s Show) as Henry, Sam Hazeldine (The Raven) as Caleb, Samaire Armstrong (Entourage, The O.C.) as Elaine, Mark Hildreth (Dragon Ball Z) as Tom and Landon Gimenez as Jacob.

Written by Aaron Zelman (Damages, The Killing), Resurrection is executive produced by Aaron Zelman, JoAnn Alfano, Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Jon Liebman, Brillstein Entertainment and Plan B. The pilot was directed by Charles McDougall. Resurrection is produced by ABC Studios.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Resurrection Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-10-2014 06:08 ]

Reply 2#2 codebreaker's post

I am on fence with this one i am not sure if i am going like it or will it annoy me and i hate to say this i have feeling this will be a short lived series .

Pilot

Well like i said i am not sure if this series will survive due ABC reputation on cancel any sci-fi show however based on this pilot i really wouldn't bother, in fact the promo for the next episode look so much better than this episode. It does have potential but that doesn't mean the episode was good. I know first episode are difficult to judge whether a show will be good or not .

Let's get into this,  a boy come back to life after being dead for 30 years but everyone believes he can't be the same boy and than they have to investigate to verify boy's identity this made for an slow episode which was not much revelation but to drop cliffhanger at end was rather confusing was that same guy after the boy ?.

This is Omar Epps first show after House while he seem playing same character except he's an ICS agent who used to be a cop but his character is exactly same as he was in house which really annoyed me.

Overall it was a watchable episode i just wish they spend first 5 minutes showing the accident rather than use a flashback clip in this episode.

This has now been added to the flash site

Maslova

Well this is getting interesting still no clue what going on but it has certainly kept my interest.

I would be suspicious if my dead father came back but look like he's hiding a secret

1x01 The Returned

This reminds me of the French show "Les Revenants" but being English language does make this more watchable, why the 8-year-old boy would wake up alone in a rice paddy in a rural Chinese after being dead for thirty two years was bizarre and looks like the circumstance surrounding his death have been fabricated, Elaine's father also returning was a nice ending

1x02 Unearth

Jacob being ostracised at the park was sad and looks like Caleb's partner in crime has taken all the stash after he died, Maggie asking if he was her father was understandable but who was in the house?  could it be her mother

1x03 Two Rivers

I'm not surprised that the exhumation of Jacob's crypt doesn't solve any answers as he was also in the coffin and taking the label from his jumper to compare with the live Jacob was smart thinking and were does Rachael fit into the mystery

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

That was interesting but it look like things are going to get interesting with dead people suddenly come back to life that 3 so far and i think they going to be more.

Reply 13#13 bala's post

I hope Maggie's mother will be returned to find out how she died in the river with Jacob

Reply 14#14 codebreaker's post

That really would be great but consequence for her husband might be too much . You can't hate dead person but you can if they come back to life.

Reply 15#15 bala's post

At leased her husband could find out why she was cheating on him

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

If i was him i really wouldn't want to know -it really wouldn't changes things

Reply 17#17 bala's post

He seems as he could be a little abusive which the daughter should know

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 3-27-2014 15:43 ]

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

I don't think that was issue i think issue was that he was a cop and wasn't available to her all the time she felt ignored

69 1234
Thread