Thread
Printable Version

The Best Laid Plans Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Best Laid Plans Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Best Laid Plans Premieres on CBC on January 05, 2014

Based on author Terry Fallis’ award-winning novel of the same name and 2011 Canada Reads winner, THE BEST LAID PLANS, is a humorous and satirical journey into the world of national politics and backroom maneuvering of Canadian government.

Parliament is a secret and esoteric world with its own culture, customs and language. THE BEST LAID PLANS is a rollicking journey into this cosseted world. Our guide is the earnest, hopeful, English PhD, Daniel Addison (played by Jonas Chernick), head speech writer for the Leader of the Opposition. When Daniel catches his girlfriend and her boss in flagrante delicto he decides to return to academe as assistant professor of English at the University of Ottawa. But you don’t just walk away from the Opposition Party — freedom has a price and in this case it’s finding a candidate in a riding 50 kilometers away and managing the campaign in the next election, scheduled in approximately eight weeks. The catch: the riding in question has voted solidly for the Government Party since Confederation and the incumbent is Eric Cameron, the extremely popular finance minister whose plurality in the last election was over 90%.

The ensemble cast stars Jonas Chernick (My Awkward Sexual Adventure, The Border), Kenneth Welsh (The Day After Tomorrow), Jodi Balfour (Bomb Girls), Sarah Allen (Being Human), Mark McKinney (The Kids in the Hall: Death Comes to Town), Peter Keleghan (Murdoch Mysteries), Eric Peterson (Corner Gas), Leah Pinsent (Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town), Sonja Smits (Cybergeddon, Traders), and Barbara Gordon (Little Mosque on the Prairie).

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Best Laid Plans Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 1-7-2014 23:01 ]

1x01 Here’s the Deal

Amusing start with Daniel and his girlfriend trying to make out while the election poles were being announced but Daniel actually catching his girlfriend cheating must of hurt and who would of thought the only one he could get to run in the elections was his landlord

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

I had feeling it would end up with either him running or his landlord.

1x02 Running to Lose

I'm impressed that after Lindsay helped Daniel collect the papers they recycled them but shame the phone call interrupted the kiss

Reply 6#6 codebreaker's post

Well at least he signed the papers to be a candidate .

1x03 Raise a Little Hell

Eric having cheerleaders open his speech was a little corny and I'm glad Daniel didn't fold to Rachel's charm straight away but after all his hard work forgetting the last page was stupid, how on earth could he forget his date with Lindsay as he worked up a sweat plucking up enough courage to ask her out

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

Well he had other things on his mind but viral campaign from student was predictable without any supervision but so glad they not exactly smart that they didn't get the rights

This has now been added to the flash site

1x04 You Had an Option, Sir

I cant believe Daniel fell for Rachel's charm again leading too standing Lindsay up for a second time but everyone on the bus encouraging her to give him another chance was amusing

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Well she was devious but he really should of set a reminder on his phone

Reply 12#12 bala's post

The fact Lindsay was picking him up because of what happened the first time made it worse

Reply 13#13 codebreaker's post

Having the other candidate caught in a compromising position was priceless

1x 05 Going Brogue

Well he eventually got found out but the way they figured out really surprised me

Reply 15#15 bala's post

The bomb threat failing to stop the rally was unfortunate but the students figuring out what Daniel had been doing was great and you just know Angus is going to be annoyed

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

they did say next episode series finale ?

Reply 17#17 bala's post

That's what I heard

Just Watch Me

Angus actually accept the position was nice but what a way to start first day with a private bill

1x06 Just Watch Me

Rachel has some gal saying she cant trust Daniel considering what she did but glad he chose Lindsay over her hotel proposal and Angus winning the election considering he made no guest appearances was impressive but the private members bill will stir things up

Thread