80 1234
Thread
Printable Version

Silicon Valley Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Silicon Valley Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Silicon Valley Premiered on HBO on  April 06, 2014

In the high-tech gold rush of modern Silicon Valley, the people most qualified to succeed are the least capable of handling success. Mike Judge (“Office Space,” “Beavis & Butthead,” “King of the Hill”) brings his irreverent brand of humor to HBO in the new comedy series SILICON VALLEY. Partially inspired by Judge’s own experiences as a Silicon Valley engineer in the late ‘80s, the show kicks off its eight-episode season this April.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Silicon Valley Here

Minimum Viable Product

Well this wasn't a great comedy but it was certainly watchable and to find out you have a billion dollar idea and only using it for music leading 2 offers one a 4 million dollars for this app or 200K ownership of the app and support develop it with him. I think he made the right decision.

The Cap Table

Well being unprepared for his meeting didn't go well thinking his investor would do all the business work and needing figure it out but finding he couldn't cash the cheque because it for pied piper inc not his personal account was sad way to end the episode.

Articles of Incorporation

Well trying find another name for company was challenging but get the name back was great

Silicon Valley Season 1: Episode #2-4 Preview

1x01 Minimum Viable Product

Richard not realising he has developed a powerful compression algorithm for his website rather than just a music application but the bidding war on the phone was interesting and keeping control of the company I think was the right choice

Reply 3#3 bala's post

This reminds be of Betas

Reply 10#10 codebreaker's post

I don't like beta it was awful couldn't get past first episode

1x02 The Cap Table

Richard should or realised only selling 5% to an investor would mean his is still in control and it had to be his ideas the investor would help with but not noticing the check was made out to the company rather than himself was crazy

1x03 Articles of Incorporation

I thought having the check made out to Pied Piper was bad enough but to add insult to injury Richard discovering that the name Pied Piper is already registered to a sprinkler company was unbelievable and he was lucky to get the name for only a $1000 but he should of got in in writing the first time

1x04 Fiduciary Duties

In hindsight Richard should of sold the company as he doesn't seem to be able to run his own company as he's easily lead astray

1x05 Signaling Risk

Erlich asking a graffiti artist to design Pied Piper's logo was out of order as he agreed to it for $10,000 without consorting with the others and the finished design was disgusting but the communication problems was amusing

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

Yes it was disturbing but i have to say making every episode a problem in creating a business was amusing . I just don't get why they didn't keep the logo piped piper and get rid of the mural

I really didn't see the pot twist coming when open the door and Gavin buy it was ridclous

Reply 17#17 bala's post

The garage door being sole for a fortune was priceless

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

What a place to display it in front of his building

1x06 Third Party Insourcing

Kevin the hacker also called as 'The Carver' being hired by the team for two days @ $20,000 was surprising considering his age but him stuffing things up was karma and there is no way I would get in a driver-less car like Jared did

80 1234
Thread