94 12345
Thread
Printable Version

Outlander Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Outlander Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Outlander Premieres on Starz Summer, 2014

Outlander spans the genres of romance, science fiction, history, and adventure. It follows Claire, a married WWII combat nurse, who mistakenly steps back in time to year 1743 where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world of adventure that sends her on the run and threatens her life. When Claire is forced to marry Jamie, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, it ignites a passionate affair that tears Claire’s heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Outlander Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 5-3-2014 21:15 ]

Thank you.

I'm thoroughly looking forward to this although I didn't care for the book so much.  Hoping the liberties they take will be more rewarding for me.  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Outlander | New Series | STARZ

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 7-19-2014 20:02 ]

1x01 Sassenach

Claire's mysterious palm reading should of been a clue with a fork in her love line but looking for the car after fainting when she touched the stone was amusing as you knew what was coming and thinking she stumbled on to a film set was logical but her feeling about going back in time all low illogical was obviously right and her nursing skills came in useful

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

My first impression of this at start it was boring because narrating took a little time to get used to because at first i found it quite annoying and i was close stop watching after 20 minutes in but i decided finish off the episode and it did get better.

Claire's situation is unqiue because she know what's going happen those men were lucky they found her

Reply 10#10 bala's post

At first this reminded me of Goodnight Sweetheart with Gary Sparrow going back in time and also he knew what was going to happen in the future

1x02 Castle Leoch

Claire thinking she would free to go after few days was rather naive but guess she has no choice how she will ever get back now that she kind of a prisoner being a healer .

1x03 No way out

I had feeling Claire would be good at being a healer but cure someone that was poisoned when everyone thought he was cursed meant she just became too valuable to leave but that folk tale brighten up her spirit.

The boy getting nailed to pile was one hell of punishment but Claire providing a distraction to help boy out was great.

This has now been added to the flash site

1x04 The Gathering

Clare planning was good using kids as cover to search the surroundings but i knew something was bound go wrong

94 12345
Thread