Thread
Printable Version

Outlander Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

1x12 Lallybroch

This is Jamie hometown and visiting his sister didn't go well at the start thinking she had kept Rendal child but it turned out to be her husband's was nice.

1x13 The Watch

That was close call but finding out the watch were helping protect the land while Jamie was away was interesting but so much for it being peaceful as they roped Jamie into going with them   . It was an ambush

1x14 The Search

That's what i call a long search but what a way to find out he's in Wentworth prison going to executed

1x15 Wentworth Prison

I don't know what's worse, being save from execution or being Rendall sex toy . That was unbearable to watch but very well acted by both men . Claire really needs to rescue him before Jamie loses his will to leave

1x16 To Ransom a Man's Soul

Just when you thought you seen worst there's more Randall broke Jamie . It was unbearable and look on his face at start of the episode was enough to know something really bad happened . The season finale was ok but seriously Claire pregnant that was so stupid because they spend full pervious episode explaining she can't get pregnant and suddenly she's pregnant makes no sense if this happen few seasons on i would understood but so not so close to the season1 .

1x09 The Reckoning

Jamie and the Highlanders did a great job in rescuing Claire especially allowing Randall to take his gun and I think he will regret not killing him for that attempted rape but trying to punish her was amusing

1x10 By the Pricking of My Thumbs

Laoghaire was bound to try and cause trouble after using which craft in their bedroom and Jamie not believing Claire about the Duke of Sandringham was understandable as she couldn't back up her story

1x11 The Devil's Mark

Claire being associated with Geillis and ended up on trial for witchcraft was awkward as she had nobody on her side and Jamie was lucky he managed to rescue Claire as that trial was fixed from the start but Geillis being from the future was surprising and Jamie giving her the chance to go home was nice

1x12 Lallybroch

Talk about Jamie getting the wrong idea about his sister and her children but her laughing in Randall's face was amusing and Randall being gay was surprising considering the women he has tried to rape

1x13 The Watch

Jamie having to pretend to be Jenny's cousin rather than her brother was understandable with him being a wanted man and being blackmailed only made thing worse but Horrocks got what he deserved, Jamie and Ian joining The Watch with Jenny about to give birth was surprising

1x14 The Search

Claire and Jenny going to try and rescue Jamie from his redcoat was surprising considering Jenny's difficult birth but the gypsies using their song only made things harder

1x15 Wentworth Prison

Randall's timing to stop Jamie from hanging was unbelievable but you knew it would have consequence and giving into Randall's advances was understandable as being alive one of them still has the chance to kill him another day

1x16 To Ransom a Man's Soul

The stampede was a brilliant plan to free Jamie and what Randall did I was hoping he died during the stampede but heading to France will make it harder to return to her own time, Claire being pregnant must mean her husband on her time line had the problem

The Next Chapter

Nice behind the scene look at the new season

2x01 Through a Glass Darkly

Claire being back in the 1940's was a surprising start to the season as she was pregnant and heading to France and I was right about Frank being infertile and stepping back into 1745 as she got off the plane was nice but I would of liked to of seen it from Frank's side

2x02 Not in Scotland Anymore

Jamie struggling over the traumas of his past was understandable but his meeting with Prince Charles in a brothel was disturbing and Claire's friend being waxed was amusing, Randall still being alive was a surprise

Reply 58#58 codebreaker's post

We knew it would be difficult and Clare's friends are always interesting  

Her waxing was interesting but clare also waxing and jamie's reaction was amusing

Reply 59#59 bala's post

Her slapping the guy every time he waxed her legs was funny but the look on the girls faces when he got to her privates was priceless and obviously Claire liked what she seen

Thread