27 12
Thread
Printable Version

Outlander Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 9#9 codebreaker's post

My first impression of this at start it was boring because narrating took a little time to get used to because at first i found it quite annoying and i was close stop watching after 20 minutes in but i decided finish off the episode and it did get better.

Claire's situation is unqiue because she know what's going happen those men were lucky they found her

1x02 Castle Leoch

Claire thinking she would free to go after few days was rather naive but guess she has no choice how she will ever get back now that she kind of a prisoner being a healer .

1x03 No way out

I had feeling Claire would be good at being a healer but cure someone that was poisoned when everyone thought he was cursed meant she just became too valuable to leave but that folk tale brighten up her spirit.

The boy getting nailed to pile was one hell of punishment but Claire providing a distraction to help boy out was great.

1x04 The Gathering

Clare planning was good using kids as cover to search the surroundings but i knew something was bound go wrong

1x05 Rent

Claire finding out that fight was about her was amusing consider she was having a go at them but what a good cliffhanger i think she will want to stay with them

1x06 The Garrison Commander

Claire situation just got more intresting by the end of the episode she going get married to him to prevent the English from taking her prisoner but since she's already married in other time line she technically a bigamist ?.

1x07 The Wedding

This was episode women must love but as a guy it was rather boring except what happened through flashback that what really saved the episode for me because rather than show whole wedding from start to finish they split it up evenly so the story could move forward and ending was perfect she had almost forgotten she was already married until she saw both wedding ring on her finger.

Outlander | 4 Droughtlander: A Look Ahead | STARZ

1x09 The Reckoning

Nice returning episode but Jamie narrating the episode was nice change because we got see how he saw the situation from his perspective but trying teach her a lesson was amusing as she couldn't believe he would discipline her in that manner but he had to as that was the culture back than and trying win back her trust was challenging but that what i call a make-up

1x10 By the Pricking of My Thumbs

What a way to get rid of claire out of Jamie's life by Jame's ex girlfriend

1x11 The Devil's Mark

Claire being accused as a witch was tough as she couldn't prove she wasn't but having Jamie rescue her was impressive but telling him who she was and what she's been through was nice and the fact that she decided to stay was a surprise

1x12 Lallybroch

This is Jamie hometown and visiting his sister didn't go well at the start thinking she had kept Rendal child but it turned out to be her husband's was nice.

1x13 The Watch

That was close call but finding out the watch were helping protect the land while Jamie was away was interesting but so much for it being peaceful as they roped Jamie into going with them   . It was an ambush

1x14 The Search

That's what i call a long search but what a way to find out he's in Wentworth prison going to executed

1x15 Wentworth Prison

I don't know what's worse, being save from execution or being Rendall sex toy . That was unbearable to watch but very well acted by both men . Claire really needs to rescue him before Jamie loses his will to leave

1x16 To Ransom a Man's Soul

Just when you thought you seen worst there's more Randall broke Jamie . It was unbearable and look on his face at start of the episode was enough to know something really bad happened . The season finale was ok but seriously Claire pregnant that was so stupid because they spend full pervious episode explaining she can't get pregnant and suddenly she's pregnant makes no sense if this happen few seasons on i would understood but so not so close to the season1 .

Reply 58#58 codebreaker's post

We knew it would be difficult and Clare's friends are always interesting  

Her waxing was interesting but clare also waxing and jamie's reaction was amusing

Reply 60#60 codebreaker's post

I am sure he got used to it consider he didn't mind get slapped but did we really need to see the king unable to take dump with an audience ? . How can you respect a king like that ?

2x05 Untimely Resurrection

Jack Randall coming to France and finding out both Claire and Jamie were there was a surprise but Jamie challenging him to duel and Claire begging him not to kill him because of Frank was just awful for him   .

Reply 70#70 codebreaker's post

Yes but beg the question about frank if he got damaged Frank wouldn't be born ?

27 12
Thread