104 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Chasing Life Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Chasing Life Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Chasing Life Premiered on ABC Family on June 10, 2014

Chasing Life follows twenty-something April (Italia Ricci), a smart and quick-witted aspiring journalist, who is trying to work her way up the ladder at a Boston newspaper by trying to impress her hard-nosed editor. When not pursuing the latest scoop, April tries to balance her ambitious career with her family – her widowed mom Sara, rebellious little sister Brenna and her grandmother. Just as things start to look up at work, home and on the romance front with co-worker Dominic, April gets the devastating news from an estranged uncle that she has cancer.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Chasing Life Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-24-2015 20:16 ]

CHASING LIFE Series Premiere

Chasing Life - 1x02 (June 17 at 9/8c) | Official Preview

[ Last edited by bala at 6-11-2014 19:08 ]

Pilot

Well i know subject matter is quite sad but again the tv series focus more on social life of April rather than the subject matter. This had typical ABC Family stamp of approval with the show very family focused which i don't mind but it's clear they playing it safe with this series.

April using her uncle to get interview for her job was smart but knowing her uncle was responsible for her dad death certainly makes things difficult. Now i have a theory on this i don't think uncle was responsible for her dad's death. With amount ABC family show i have watched this is my prediction .

It's clear her uncle is really concerned but hiding it from her family is going to be challenging

This Season On CHASING LIFE

This has now been added to the flash site

1x01 Pilot

April giving blood just to get a story was devious but finding out she has cancer was obvious an unexpected diagnosis and not telling her mother was understandable as she was having a good day but the other daughter at the cemetery was an interesting twist

1x02 Help Wanted

April telling Beth first was surprising but her first thinking it was a joke was sad as she was obviously upset and Brenna getting caught out when her phone rang her mother while they were talking was amusing

1x03 Blood Cancer Sex Carrots

Catching Sara making out with Ben on the sofa was amusing and making jokes about her blouse being open was priceless but Brenna making dinner awkward was a little selfish and Kieran felling like he was being used was understandable, the miracle juice guy dying was sad as he was helping April come to terms with it

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

Well she didn't expect her to be home but it was amusing but than second thoughts when her new patient just happens to be his ex-wife but i thought she figure out he not him but there really was no confirmation whether she was his ex-wife or not. We can't make assumption until they show it.

Reply 13#13 bala's post

With the same name and job it's easy to jump to the possible wrong conclusion

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

I am glad she finally told her sister unintentionally when getting angry and she was there for her for her biosphere .

1x04 I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead

Leo getting the wrong idea about April at the cancer group was understandable but him helping her get an invite was surprising and glad he didn't tell Dominic where they meet, Brenna standing her mother up was sad but the tennis match was impressive and after the row going to April's first bone-marrow biopsy was nice

The Family That Lies Together

Well it was obvious her mother was going to find out eventually and we also learnt why the uncle wasn't at funeral was a surprise.

1x05 The Family That Lies Together

Sara feeling she is been ignored was interesting and stooping in April room didn't help as she didn't know what the pills were for but glad they all know and are there to help

104 123456
Thread