Thread
Printable Version

The Flash (2014) Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Flash (2014) Season 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Flash (2014) Premieres on The CW on October 07, 2014

Barry Allen was just 11 years old when his mother was killed in a bizarre and terrifying incident and his father was falsely convicted of the murder. With his life changed forever by the tragedy, Barry was taken in and raised by Detective Joe West, the father of Barry’s best friend, Iris. Now, Barry has become a brilliant, driven and endearingly geeky CSI investigator, whose determination to uncover the truth about his mother’s strange death leads him to follow up on every unexplained urban legend and scientific advancement that comes along. Barry’s latest obsession is a cutting edge particle accelerator, created by visionary physicist Harrison Wells and his S.T.A.R. Labs team, who claim that this invention will bring about unimaginable advancements in power and medicine. However, something goes horribly wrong during the public unveiling, and when the devastating explosion causes a freak storm, many lives are lost and Barry is struck by lightning. After nine months in a coma, Barry awakens to find his life has changed once again – the accident has given him the power of super speed, granting him the ability to move through Central City like an unseen guardian angel. Though initially excited by his newfound powers, Barry is shocked to discover he is not the only “meta-human” who was created in the wake of the accelerator explosion – and not everyone is using their new powers for good. In the months since the accident, the city has seen a sharp increase in missing people, unexplained deaths and other strange phenomena. Barry now has a renewed purpose – using his gift of speed to protect the innocent, while never giving up on his quest to solve his mother’s murder and clear his father’s name. For now, only a few close friends and associates know that Barry is literally the fastest man alive, but it won’t be long before the world learns what Barry Allen has become…The Flash.

The series stars Grant Gustin (“Glee,” “Arrow”) as Barry Allen/The Flash, Candice Patton (“The Game”) as Iris West, Rick Cosnett (“The Vampire Diaries”) as Eddie Thawne, Danielle Panabaker (“Necessary Roughness,” “Justified”) as Caitlin Snow, Carlos Valdes (“Once” on Broadway ) as Cisco Ramon, with Tom Cavanagh (“Ed,” “Eli Stone”) as Harrison Wells and Jesse L. Martin (“Law & Order”) as Detective West.

THE FLASH is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Tomorrow People,” “Green Lantern”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Arrow,” “Eli Stone”), David Nutter (“Arrow,” “Game of Thrones”) and Sarah Schechter. The pilot was directed by David Nutter. This series is based upon characters published by DC Entertainment.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Flash (2014) Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-22-2017 23:28 ]

1x01 Pilot

Barry being able to tell the make and model of the car just from a visual look was impressive but using the pen his father gave him to collect evidence was amusing as it was animal poo, Barry spending nine months in a coma after being him by lightning was a nice way to introduce use to his new abilities and going to Oliver for advice was a nice link to Arrow

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 6-25-2014 10:44 ]

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Well i felt this was typical super hero origin story but it was ok pilot i couldn't expected anything more but i am curious about the scene with his mentor is he from the future or is he responsible for Barry's mother death? . I felt this was much lighter action series compared to the Arrow this really had Smallville feel to it which was what i was expecting.

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

The Flash premieres tonight. I can't wait til it gets added to the site (I know it will)

I enjoyed the pilot and really liked so many people are in the know.  It's nice not to have so much secrecy like in arrow.   Go Barry, GO!
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

This has now been added to the VIP site

Interesting that they cast John Wesley Shipp as the Dad considering he played the Flash from the 90's tv series! I thought it was a good pilot actually. Nice nod to Arrow with Oliver actually giving him the idea for calling himself The Flash. I was thinking that there was more to Well's character and then when they showed the Flash (pun intended!!) forward to 2024 with him standing, it was like aha! He obviously had something to do with what happened to Barry's Mum but what we don't know yet was if he intentionally hurt her or accidentally hurt her.

1x02 Fastest Man Alive

Barry learning pitfall of being a superhero with him fainting as result of high speed but muliplex was an ok freak of the week .

Reply 14#14 bala's post

The second episode was much better than the pilot which had a few holes in it.

It was nice to see Barry acknowledge Joe as his 'Dad'....which he actually since the kid was 11.

Where's Iris's Mom? She's never been mentioned.

[ Last edited by Milks26 at 10-16-2014 11:02 ]

Reply 15#15 Milks26's post

That's a great questions about Iris's mom.  I hadn't even noticed that!  
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

i am guessing she died on cancer or she divorce him because of the long hours of his job

Reply 17#17 bala's post

I'm leaning towards death.9 out of 10 times kids end up with the mother.

Reply 17#17 bala's post

1x3

This episode was boring. Too much sappy scenes, its supposed to be an action show after all. Next week's episode looks promising though.

Thread