Thread
Printable Version

Girl Meets World Seasons 1-3 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

1x20 Girl Meets First Date

Cory trying to stop Lucas from getting to close to Riley was amusing and Farkle making a deal was priceless but Maya asking Lucas was a smart way to get him to make a choice

Season 1 Review

Since there was nothing on this week i thought i would catch up on this show and it surprising the amount of mixed reviews on this series because it's clear fans of boy meet world are now adults so for them watch this of course going to be different and a lot fans thought this water-down version of the show .

As someone who has watched few episodes of both show i can say one thing times are different boy meet girl was from male perspective while Girl meet world is from female perspective. The fact this is on Disney doesn't help matters.  

It's a nice show but nowhere as funny as it think it is but lessons are still there that's what important most kids shows don't hardly have any life lessons.

The first season dealt with common school lessons like bullying , respect your friends , making choices with consideration of other people feelings. It does a good job even through sometimes it feel like they over doing it.

2x01 Girl Meets Gravity

I really didn't expect them deal with a death lesson and making certainly a good start to season and girls discovering that there are not centre of the universe was amusing. it's funny how it took them this long to realise that but to be honest this is all Cory fault for letting his daughter and her friends run the class instead of him.

2x02-2x14

I been trying cutting down amount of comment i posted over past couple of month. When i first came on here i was mad poster but as with time i become more mellow about commenting due to fact i am getting older i start actually develop something call self-control and actually realise it's not my responsibility to keep this forum active.

Back to this season some interesting development happens in this season which i didn't foresee first return of some original cast members for couple of episode Shawn was a good addition and way he is with Maya is wonderful because she doesn't have a dad but not quite sure what's happening with her mother and him they left that storyline hanging which is a shame.

Who would of thought Maya is developing feeling for Riley crush that was a surprise and i hate to admit they would make a great couple i am not sure if the writers will ever go there considering this is a kid show .  i feel a bit strange watching this series considering  this set in middle school yet actress are 16 years old and not 8 years olds .  It's a bit strange why don't set it in high school?.

Fracle actually changing this season was a surprise i like the new version he's far less annoying good job on the writers to actually make him more grown up,

2x15 Girl Meets Farkle

This was ok episode but the fact that it was clear Farkle doesn't have autism but it was interesting way to introduce the subject and the fact that his friends had it back while he was worried about this was nice.

2x16 Girl Meets Cory and Topanga

This was some clever CGI using a old boy meet world episode and put them into the episode .

2x17 "Girl Meets Rileytown

I really hate the fact we don't see Riley bully in this episode but the fact she was hiding it until her friends figured it out

1x21 Girl Meets Demolition

The girls trying to sell all their cloths for extra money was surprising but Debby Ryan being the sales girl was amusing and what a rip-off paying $300 for a dress she only paid $12 for but making her think the dress was an heirloom to get their money back was karma

2x01 Girl Meets Gravity

Riley driving the new teacher away was karma as you just knew her father would be back but trying to change class was amusing and that was a nice send off for Mrs. Svorski

2x02 Girl Meets the New World

You can understand why Riley and Lucas's classmates were curious as to what's going on with their relationship but Farkle proposing to Maya was amusing

2x03 Girl Meets the Secret of Life

The new student from Texas being an old friend of Lucas made things awkward for him but the way he handled the bully was impressive

2x04 Girl Meets Pluto

The contents of the 15 years old time capsule wasn't what I expected and the kids deciding to create and bury one of their own was understandable

2x05 Girl Meets Mr. Squirrels

Cory asking his brother, Eric, to be a mediator when Riley and Maya get into a fight seemed a waste of time but over name calling was surprising

2x06 Girl Meets the Tell Tale Tot

The collage girl giving Maya some dating advice was interesting and Auggie trying to cover for her was surprising

2x07 Girl Meets Rules

Lucas wanting to join the others when the entire class got detention was crazy but leaving them to their own devices was surprising and time going really slowly was amusing, Ava played a great part

2x08 Girl Meets Hurricane

I thought Shawn had blown it with Maya when he told her she should dress differently but taking her shopping was surprising and Angel giving Shawn dating advice was nice

Thread