Thread
Printable Version

Selfie Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Selfie Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Selfie Premieres on ABC on September 30, 2014

“Instafamous” Eliza Dooley (Karen Gillan) has 263,000 followers who hang on to her every post, tweet and selfie. But one lonely day she has a revelation: being friended is not the same as having actual friends. She asks marketing guru Henry (John Cho) to 'rebrand' her self-obsessed reputation and teach her how to connect with people in the real world. Loosely based on My Fair Lady, Selfie explores the modern struggles of Eliza and Henry, as he tries to teach her how to live life offline—whether she 'likes' it or not.

Selfie stars Karen Gillan as Eliza, John Cho as Henry, Tim Peper as Ethan, Da'Vine Joy Randolph as  Charmonique, Allyn Rachel as Bryn and David Harewood as Sam.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Selfie Here

1x01 Pilot

Eliza using paper bags for her vomit was a bad idea but at leased it gave all the other passengers a good laugh when they split and asking Henry to re-brand her was interesting as she needed to borrow some appropriate clothes

This has now been added to the flash site

1x02 Un-Tag My Heart

Eliza not realising her outfit was inappropriate for her workplace was amusing but when Henry suggesting that she was sleeping with her boss her reaction was amusing she needed to check her text message to see how long she been doing her boss was funny and henry suggesting she just a booty call made Eliza want it more but if getting hit by a car and falling down a MANHOLE were not signs i don't know what is.

Henry becoming addicted to facebook was funny

Reply 3#3 codebreaker's post

Eliza and henry will become BFF, who would of though these two completely opposite people would actually become friends with each other by the end of the episode i think they both need each other to help navigate each other problems.

1x03 A Little Yelp From My Friends

She really take cyber stalking to whole new level

1x04 Nugget of Wisdom

After Henry challenges her to do something useful over the weekend, Eliza offers to babysit Charmonique's son unintentionally was amusing but him give her some advice was extremely amusing but feeding son's chicken nuggets for all his meals is disturbing   .

1x05 Even Hell Has Two Bars

Henry being excited that he got invite to his bosses place was great until he found out Eliza also got an invite but Eliza helping him loosing up certainly backfired in the lake but i can't believe they almost kissed . I think they are going string that storyline for couple of season which will annoy me .

1x06 Never Block Cookies

Eliza trying get Henry laid was a lot of work but in the end he really didn't need her help.

Cancelled

ABC revealed Friday the network is not renewing the TV comedy “Selfie” for another season past the original 13-episodes ordered.
The comedy, which stars Karen Gillan and John Cho and delves into a helplessly narcissistic woman’s relationship with social media, suffered from abysmal ratings and ridicule on social media of some views, Entertainment Weekly reports, averaging 4.7 million viewers and a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49.

courtesy http://time.com/3573082/abc-selfie-cancel/

And thank God for that. This show should've never been made in the first place. How desperate have they become?

Reply 12#12 Milks26's post

I thought the same thing until i watch couple of episode it become ok show which is odd

1x07 landline

Eliza finds out that Henry has a new girlfriend and this makes her jealous because he spending more time with her than with her

[ Last edited by bala at 12-26-2014 07:56 ]

1x08 Traumatic Party Stress Disorder

Eliza finds out that it's henry birthday and decides to throw a surprise birthday party for him but things don't exactly go to plan when he and Julia break up

1x09 Follow Through

This is what i predicted from start that Eliza would fall in love with Henry but what a way to rebound when she realised how annoying her current boyfriend is

1x10 Imperfect Harmony

The songs by both henry and Eliza were so surprising who would thought they could sing

1x11 Perestroika

Eliza getting evicted was bad timing as she can't ask Henry for help but Henry finds out help her organise herself so she will never be in the same situation again.

1x12 Stick in the Mud

Finding out Eliza has a sister was interesting because she wanted to share the news that she's pregnant but trust Eliza take that the wrong way think she trying outdo each other. The mud race was amusing

1x13 I Woke Up Like This

Eliza realise she's her own role model was great way to end this series

Thread