28 12
Thread
Printable Version

The Missing Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Missing Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Missing Premiered on BBC One on October 28, 2014

The Missing is a drama told through a delicate and complex narrative that reflect the frantic battle for a lost child. When five year-old Oliver disappears from his holiday in France, it causes a manhunt that will last for many years. The series will go inside the mind of the father, Tony, a man desperate to find his lost son. Tony's frantic and exhausting search breaks his marriage to Emily and begins to consume his life. Julien who was the detective who had launched the initial search for the child, also finds himself drawn back into the hunt, in a desperate attempt to resolve the mystery of Oliver's disappearance. The story will be two over two time frames and in two countries.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Missing Here

1x01 The Missing

Tony still looking for his son eight years after going missing was sad but the fact he took him into a crowded bar and lost him in the first place you can understand him feeling guilty and I'm not surprised his marriage suffered but what a find in the basement

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

The Pilot was excellent. But, the second episode was a lot slower - trying to set up the mystery of the series

1x02 Pray for Me

I thought the drawing on the wall matching the one Oliver drew the day he disappeared was the first piece of concrete evidence but the police being sceptical was disappointing, the reward was a nice idea but him being associated with the suspect was surprising

1x03 The Meeting

Tony being questioned about his temper and his sons previous injuries was a little predictable especially with his past coming back to haunt him after their investigation but finding video evidence of the boys abduction was impressive

1x04 Gone Fishing

Making the junky go cold turkey was cruel but she wasn't going to talk any other way and Tony telling the guy offering the reward about his suspicions might get the guy killed

Reply 11#11 codebreaker's post

Wow! Tony's guilt over his inability to secure his son has him committing murder. Wow! So, if he finds the kid dead or alive gendarmerie could arrest him.

1x05 Molly

Ian was too calm about Tony knowing about his connection to Vincent but getting him arrested for the assault on Vincent was deserved and I'm not surprise he killed him after seeing that video

1x6

Tony is so lucky that over the years Julian has softened to his plight. If it was back in 2009 he would've been a goner since they already suspected him. I would not have giving that man 15,000 euros for that BS information.

So, that's what happened to his leg - I thought he got shot.

Reply 15#15 Milks26's post

1 x 7

From the first episode I knew who took Oliver. I haven't nailed down the specifics as to his & her motivation, but I know who did it.

Overall, this was a good episode. I'm happy that Malik Suri got his in the end. It would be nice if Emily & Tony reconcile.

1x06 Concrete

Ian may not of taken their son but was guilty of child abuse but putting his t shirt in the concrete was careless as it was Ian's property and I'm not surprised Emily finally broke down after lying to police to confirm Ian's alibi and the 15,000 Euro's for for information without proof was ridiculous

1x07 Return to Eden

How on earth did Alex disappear from the back of the car with them standing next to it and what a set back after getting his son to visit him in prison only to be killed to stop in talking

28 12
Thread