Thread
Printable Version

Ascension (Syfy) General Discussion (Spoilers)

It's been a few years since Syfy embarked on a mini series of this magnitude. They should've waited a few more years. Maybe if the company went back to spelling their name as 'SciFi' they could actually create, distinguish, and sponsor shows that actually have a science background versus who's sleeping with whom drama. The 1st episode was intriguing to a point, although I saw the reveal at the end of the episode coming a mile away - because no other explanation was plausible.The characters are supposed to be stuck in the 60s era. They're ancestors didn't quite experience the sexual revolution of the mid to late 60s, yet they're descendants are 'F' like they're in 2014. None of the technology they have on the ship makes sense in their era, yet they can master it. They have no comprehension of guns yet he could determine that the safety was on.

Is it just me or was Christa annoying beyond compare?

I hope this disaster non science fiction doesn't get turned into a series - but, from the way the last episode was structured the creator/writers are leaving the door open in case that outcome happens.

Thread