79 1234
Thread
Printable Version

12 Monkeys Seasons 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

12 Monkeys Seasons 1-4 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

12 Monkeys Premieres on Syfy on January 16, 2015

12 Monkeys is a drama based on the 1995 Universal Pictures film directed by Terry Gilliam.

The show follows the journey of a time traveler, Cole, from the post-apocalyptic future.  Using a dangerous and untested method of time travel, Cole arrives in the present day on a mission to locate and eradicate the source of a deadly plague that will eventually decimate 93.6% of the human race. Will Cole be able to save the fate of mankind or is mankind bound by fate? Taking place in the ravaged future of 2043 and the present day (2015), 12 Monkeys explores themes of destiny, fate, love and the possibility of second chances.

Atlas Entertainment’s Charles Roven (American Hustle, Man of Steel, The Dark Knight Trilogy) and Richard Suckle (American Hustle, The International) serve as Executive Producers. Roven produced the original film. Terry Matalas & Travis Fickett (Nikita), writers of the pilot, will serve as Co-Executive Producers with Natalie Chaidez (In Plain Sight, V, Heroes) as Executive Producer/Showrunner. Jeffrey Reiner (Friday Night Lights) directed and served as Executive Producer on the pilot.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About 12 Monkeys Here

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 9-22-2017 08:50 ]

12 Monkeys Extended Trailer -

Pilot

Since i hadn't watched the movie i came into this without any knowledge and i have say i really like the first episode but constant time travelling storyline should make this series interesting.

1x02 Mentally Divergent

After killing the man he think responsible for the plague and nothing happens we were introduced to his daughter and this episode introduces a new bad guy who is killer for anyone finds out about plague. . They really should make sure time travelling is more accurate than accidental transporting him to wrong place.

Reply 6#6 bala's post

I'm going to do the same as I did with The Librarians and watch the film first

This has now been added to the VIP site

Twelve Monkeys (1995)

James reluctantly volunteering to be sent back in time to 1996 to gather information on the lethal virus that had wiped out five billion people was interesting as it first looked like it didn't affect the animals and         
Kathryn not running when she had the chance on his second visit was surprising, still being reluctant to believe him after being right about the boy and then vanishing while splashing in the puddle was frustrating and the ending was disappointing

1x01 Splinter

Cassandra replacing Kathryn but James having the same name was not what I expected as it started similar to the film with James kidnapping her the watch trick and taking her with him was a great way to save her

1x02 Mentally Divergent

Sending James to Korea 2006 by mistake was great as that's the sort of thing that happened in the film but at leased they got him to the right place in the end and Cassandra saving James was great payback for him saving her

1x03 Cassandra Complex

James trying not to cross paths with Cassandra in 2014 was understandable but the fazing in an out was a close call

Reply 15#15 codebreaker's post

It certainly made fighting rather amusing to watch

Reply 16#16 bala's post

I think that help him to win that fight

1x04 Atari

Cole and Ramse being hunted was going to threaten the past and possible the future if he didn't make it back in time and the fact Cole talked during torture was understandable as he was hallucinating

Reply 18#18 codebreaker's post

but going back 2 days stop it was great

Reply 19#19 bala's post

It's a good job he asked what day it was before he said too much

79 1234
Thread