51 123
Thread
Printable Version

Allegiance Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Allegiance Season 1 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Allegiance Premiered on NBC on February 05, 2015

This high-octane thriller revolves around the O'Connor family and their son, Alex (Gavin Stenhouse), a young idealistic CIA analyst specializing in Russian affairs. Unbeknownst to him, both of his parents and his sister are part of a dormant Russian sleeper cell that has just been reactivated.

Years ago, Russian-born Katya (Hope Davis) was tasked by the KGB to recruit American businessman Mark O'Connor (Scott Cohen) as a spy, and the two fell in love. A deal was struck: as long as Katya remained an asset for Russia, she would be allowed to marry Mark and move to America. After years in America building a happy life and without word from Moscow, they thought they had escaped. Now it seems the new Mother Russia has one more mission - turning Alex into a spy. The SVR (Russian Intelligence) has re-enlisted the entire family into service as they plan a terrorist operation inside U.S. borders that will bring America to its knees. For these anguished parents, the choice is clear: betray their country... or risk their family.

The series also stars Margarita Levieva (Natalie O'Connor), Morgan Spector (Victor Dobrynin), Kenneth Choi (Sam Luttrell) and Alex Peters (Sarah O'Connor).

Based on an Israeli format, "Allegiance" is a production of Universal Television, Keshet Media and Yes! and comes from Executive Producer, Showrunner and Producing Director George Nolfi ("The Adjustment Bureau") and Executive Producers Avi Nir, John Glenn, Rashad Raisani, Ron Leshem, Amit Cohen, Giyora Yahalom and Yona Wisenthal.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About Allegiance Here

1x01 Pilot

Alex having no idea his parents used to be Russian spies reminds me of The Americans and the fact his case could uncover their identity did make the urgency more understandable

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

of course it reminds you of Americans this was NBC attempt to compete with the American because of how successful that show is for FX. As for the show i think it's better because family situation is different and kids are a lot more older. I can't wait till the mother finds out who her daughter boyfriend is she really hates him.

The parents spying on their son i was worried they would stretch that out but to resolve that by end of the episode was brilliant.

Overall i think this series has potential assuming it doesn't try not copy the American instead make a show unique to them.

This has now been added to the VIP site

1x02 Teamwork

Alex's face when his mother lied about having an affair was priceless but at leased it was believable and that was a good call on the cab driver but shame he got away and his mother saving his life without him knowing was great

Reply 8#8 codebreaker's post

I have to say lie being so convincing her husband almost believed it but Alex memory and ability is really amazing how he can recall things so clearly    .

Reply 9#9 bala's post

His family are going to have their hand full trying to keep him safe from the Russian's and God help them if he finds the bug on his shirt

1x03 Surreptitious Entry

Victor ordering the O'Connors to break in and steal the laptop at 6am before Alex and the FBI get their hands on it was risky but that was a close call and It was only a matter of time before Katya discovered Natalie was seeing him

Reply 12#12 codebreaker's post

I thought she only bugged one of his shirts not all of them . I thought they lost bug in pervious episode when he removed his shirt to cover the guys wounds.

Reply 13#13 bala's post

He also took his shirt off before putting on the grey boiler-suite

1x04 Chasing Ghosts

Talk about a close call getting out of the building and they should of know a laptop like that would have self destruct if it got in the wrong hands but I think they did the right thing in telling Alex the truth as he was so close in finding out himself

Reply 16#16 codebreaker's post

The question whether they will tell the truth or not they already lied to him once so i don't know whether they give him full story.

1x05 Tipping Point

This was best ending for an episode it ain't often you can end a serious show like this on funny note but they did i am not going spoil it talking about a family affair . Guy taking out his sister mother and almost his dad was amusing .

I really hope they keep up this comic aspect of them all working together it would make it more entertaining

NBC Cancels Allegiance (Duh)

The network—which recently gave up on its long-running Thursday comedy block and swapped it for more serious fare—has canceled its underperforming spy drama Allegiance. The series was only five episodes into its first season, using the recently relocated The Blacklist as a springboard into the 10pm hour. But Red Reddington couldn't boost the Americans knock-off (which wasn't that good in the first place), and Allegiance debuted on February 5 with fewer than 5 million viewers and a 1.1 rating in the 18-to-49 demographic, putting it in last place behind Elementary and How to Get Away With Murder. Things only got worse after that, with this week's fifth episode notching 3.36 million viewers and a series-low 0.8 rating. You've been burned, Allegiance! Just as I predicted.

courtesy https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/nbc-cancels-allegiance-duh-moves-190300300.html

Reply 19#19 Milks26's post

It was fun while it lasted

I am so glad when this happen one less show to watch

51 123
Thread