32 12
Thread
Printable Version

The Slap (US) General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Slap (US) General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

The Slap (US) Premiered on NBC on February 12, 2015

"The Slap" is a miniseries based on the book by Christos Tsiolkas and the Australian television series ("The Slap") produced by Matchbox Pictures.

Meet Hector (Peter Sarsgaard, "An Education," "Blue Jasmine"), a public servant, husband, father and valued friend on the cusp of his 40th birthday. Meet Aisha (Thandie Newton, "Crash," "Beloved"), Hector's beautiful and intelligent wife who is planning his party filled with friends and his very boisterous Greek family. Sounds like the makings of a great day, right? Wrong.

As Hector tries to navigate family politics, awkward friendships and the young woman he is dangerously captivated by, the built-up tension explodes when Hector's hotheaded cousin slaps another couple's misbehaving child. Everyone is understandably stunned, and the party abruptly ends with the child's parents vowing legal action. What the hosts and guests don't know, however, is that this moment will ignite a chain of events that will uncover long-buried secrets within this group of friends and family... and vigorously challenge the core values of everyone involved.

"The Slap" also stars Uma Thurman (" Pulp Fiction," "Kill Bill"), Zachary Quinto ("Star Trek," "American Horror Story"), Melissa George ("30 Days of Night," "In Treatment"), Thomas Sadoski ("The Newsroom") and Brian Cox ("X-Men 2," "Red 2").

From writer-executive producer Jon Robin Baitz ("Brothers & Sisters"), executive producers Walter F. Parkes and Laurie MacDonald ("Gladiator," the "Men in Black" franchise) and director (pilot only) and executive producer Lisa Cholodenko ("The Kids Are All Right," "Olive Kitteridge"), comes this unflinching look at how one little slap can have a huge impact.

Source
Homepage

Discuss Anything About The Slap (US) Here

Reply 1#1 codebreaker's post

Didn't you watch aussie version last year i find it amusing Melissa George is in both show

Reply 3#3 bala's post

Yes I watched the original and Melissa being in both is just like David Tennant being in both versions of Broadchurch / Gracepoint

http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... id=13526&page=1

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 2-13-2015 09:40 ]

Reply 4#4 codebreaker's post

are you going watch US version as well ?

1x01 Hector

As it's been over three years since the original I'll give this a go and try and compare what I wrote for the original back in 2011, I'm disappointed they felt the need to include Rosie breast feeding Hugo after throwing the records across the floor but not punishing for throwing the Ipad and for ripping up the garden was crazy as all Rosie did was breast feed him when he was naughty, the grandparents saying the brat deserved it was amusing

1x02 Harry

Harry trying to get a witness to testify on his behalf was never going to be easy but the fact Gary and Rosie didn't seek medical advice making it harder for them was surprising, after seeing Harry loosing his temper with his wife he deeded to try and stop it going to court

1x03 Anouk

Anouk telling Rosie to drop the case was surprising but saying Hugo swinging a bat was as unacceptable as Harry slapping him made a nice change and I had a feeling after she snapped that she was pregnant with Jamie's baby

1x04 Manolis

Rosie just sitting there while Hugo smashing his toy truck up the wall was crazy parenting as it's obvious the kid is that spoilt he is out of control and Manolis trying to encourage Aisha to forgive Harry was interesting as he found out he hit his wife

1x05 Connie

I'm cant believe that they agreed to go to trial after that pre trial hearing as Hugo received no medical treatment and the rest of them reluctant to give evidence but Connie acting up I thought was asking for trouble

The Slap - What We Have (Episode Highlight)

[ Last edited by codebreaker at 4-1-2015 20:58 ]

1x06 Aisha

Connie telling Rosie about Ritchie having photos of the slap was wrong as he didn't want to get involved and Hugo being photographed in the park was wrong but the fact he was fighting over a truck just shows what sort of kid he is, Hector surprising Aisha with a romantic getaway would of been nice if he hadn't spoilt it be telling her about Connie

1x07 Rosie

It's not looking good for Hugo with him first being photographed in the park and now having a tantrum in school but Rosie paying Harry a visit was surprising especially as she wanted to drop the case but as Harry had been classed as a child abuser on line you cant blame him wanting to go to court to clear his name

32 12
Thread