Thread
Printable Version

What is your absolute favourite show? - Quiz (Closed. Winners in Post #15)

This is a LOT harder than I expected!

Show:
Gilmore Girls

Why?:
I never tire of it, and happily watch episodes repeatedly.  It reminds me of the kind of relationship I had with my Mum.  While it's obviously not exactly the same, that "best friends first and mother/daughter second" DID become our relationship, especially as I got older.  The inside jokes, and shared humour remind me of those same kind of things we had in our home, and the rewatching of old movies EVERY time they were on, or renting and re-watching a movie as soon as we finished watching it is something we did all the time.  The fun part of that was, after umpteen viewings, even a movie that's not a comedy (which most weren't), will ALWAYS make you laugh, because there is pretty much always something mockable, even in good movies...though bad movies are much more fun to mock.   
One of the funny things I noticed, is that my Mum was actually much more like the Rory character, and my personality was more like Lorelai's - so the dynamic was different, but kind of the same.  I remember giving my Mum tips on how to be slightly less "nice", since it sometimes encouraged attention where none was desired, which still makes me laugh because I could see how that would have worked on the show.
Also, I love their town, and all of the supporting characters.  It was witty, and silly, and sometimes poignant.  What's not to love about a show like that?

p.s. On a side note, any of us moderators that choose to participate are only doing it for fun.  We are not in the running for any of the points.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Thread