Thread
Printable Version

Aquarius (NBC) General Discussion

Aquarius (NBC) General Discussion

Premires 28 May 2015 with all episodes released at the same time

Sam Hodiak (David Duchovny, "Californication," "The X-Files"), a decorated World War II vet and homicide detective, barely recognizes the city he's now policing. Long hair, cheap drugs, rising crime, protests, free love, police brutality, Black Power and the Vietnam War are radically remaking the world he and the Greatest Generation saved from fascism 20 years ago.

So when Emma Karn (Emma Dumont, "Salvation," "Bunheads"), the 16-year-old daughter of an old girlfriend, goes missing in a sea of hippies and Hodiak agrees to find her, he faces only hostility, distrust and silence. He enlists the help of Brian Shafe (Grey Damon, "True Blood," "Friday Night Lights") - a young, idealistic undercover vice cop who's been allowed to grow his hair out - to infiltrate this new counterculture and find her.

The generational conflict between the two is immediate and heated, yet they're both dedicated officers and soon realize the need to bring Emma home is more urgent than they foresaw. The immediacy arises because she has joined a small but growing band of drifters under the sway of a career criminal who now dreams of being a rock star: Charles Manson (Gethin Anthony, "Game of Thrones").

Ringing with the unparalleled music of the era, "Aquarius" is a sprawling work of historical fiction that begins two years before the 1969 Tate-LaBianca murders. It's a shocking thriller, a nuanced character drama and, in the end, the story of how we became who we are today.

Show Site

Aquarius - Murder. Madness. Manson.

1x01 Everybody's Been Burned

This was an interesting police drama set in late 1960's and that's all i can really say about the pilot but it did keep my interest . Charlie mansion is famous name people heard about but no really know who he is and this tv series tries to explore this when he get a teenage girl to come with him to his place and she learns what he's really about .

1x02 The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game

This just took a crazy turn the father used to be manison boyfriend and that why he target her, at first he look like a bully but when he kissed him after he gave the money i thought holy crap this is 1960's being gay was taboo so i can understand why he was scared when he heard his daughter knock on the door.

1x03 Never Say Never To Always

He almost found her but unfortunately she wasn't there after his visit i suspected he would get rid of the girl but glad he didn't kill her

1x04 Home Is Where You're Happy

That father is really messed up he should of shot him but coward out but rescue her was great ending to the episode even through she was high

1x05 A Change Is Gonna Come

With Emma home i had feeling she would figure out a way get back to Charlie but mother letting one of his girl to see Emma was a bad mistake as she ran away. Sam beating up Charlie was great until he finds out his dad is cop which is why he has been able get away with what he can do .

1x06 A Whiter Shade of Pale

Nothing much happens in this episode it felt like filler with side-line story lines which gives background on some of other characters.

1x07 Cease to Resis

So we meet the original women who was Charlie first girl who now happens to be pregnant. The case of gay actor was predictable of course the studios don't want that solved his murder when his movie was coming out next week . Going undercover in a gay bar was amusing.

1x08 Sick City

I am glad Emma decided leave after she realise that Charlie is crazy and it look like her father killed that other girl 15 years ago but what a great place to hide the evidence  .

1x09 Why?"

Getting bunchy to help with find cop killer was great even through he was leader black panthers he realise it was in his best interest consider the shooter was white and not black. Charmine surviving was lucky but Sam giving her suspect description and making her lie to prove she was a cop was awful but she had no choice considering she's was only female cop at the station.

1x10 It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)

Emma coming back to charlie was a surprise but that close call for Sam spike his drink almost got him killed good thing someone else was looking after him . Arresting his dad was an interesting cliffhanger as well as Emma robbing her mother house with Charlie girls i thought they were going to kill her.

1x11 Your Mother Should Know

i can't believe he did that to his own mother

1x12 Please Let Me Love You and) It Won't Be Wrong

Leaving Emma in jail right thing to do but not telling her parents was interesting and the film crew interview Manison girls was a bad idea as he filmed something he didn't need to be recorded.

1x13 Old Ego Is a Too Much Thing

I had low expectation for this series, but i have to say I was surprised how good this turned out to be and that was due to how good the actors were and the story-telling was fantastic, there were so many well rounded characters and some issues during 1960's were interesting as it dealt with those situations in a modest way.

It's so sad she lost the baby but one of girls kidnapping a baby from hospital was crazy all win his love .   

Seriously you end it with a cliffhanger like that .

I hope this get renewed but the chances are unlikely.

[ Last edited by bala at 5-30-2015 19:07 ]

This has been added to VIPTV SITE

episodes repeat

Episode 7 and 8 seem to be the same episodes??
creativeemotion dot com

Thread