Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

We have Red's quizes keep us busy

Wander/Lust - 2x15

Well the episode just ended, and I don't like how it ended.   I can't tell if they're leading up to ending the series or just moving the story along.  I hate not knowing.

Marin finally met Julia, and most of her fears were allayed.  Sam & Jane are still the best couple on the show.  I love how they interact and try hard to be considerate of the others feelings.

That's all I'll say for now, since many of you won't get to watch it until it's uploaded onto the site.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 188#188 waterlilybarb's post

i'm looking forward to it

haha I haven't seen it yet!  It airs at 10 pm here, and I'm already in bed!

but just so yall know, Gypsy is out of the country, so won't be making a quiz for awhile.  I am trying to get one together from last week's episode (or 2 weeks ago) anyways, that should be up soon!

Reply 190#190 themegababe's post

You have recovered from being sick?

Reply 188#188 waterlilybarb's post

Since it been uploaded let discuss it, i like the julia confided in marin her marriage wasn't strong but it was strange when jack offered to buy that statue of what suppose me julia was i only one that think it was just piece of wood shaped like a chair?.

Patrick going oversea and crazy woman getting break up by annie i felt bad because she was nutcase.

Buzz-mia was going find out but what she did to celia uniform was amusing.

i get what your saying they trying give it some sort of ending.

Men In Trees 2x16

Well this was an intresting episode i start with Mia cleaning the house in the nude thank god they covered her up on camera but that what i love about this series you just don't know what else they can come up with make her more funny.

Cash and Jack-he saved his life but it was funny when he got coal on his face

Patrick actually keeping the job and helping i thought he would get fired but good on him.

i can't believe Cash kiss her but nice excuse pretending to hopped up on drugs

Sorry Bala, I never saw your responses or I would have talked with you about the episodes!  I haven't seen the new one yet, I'm going to try soon.

But last week, yeah that whole double dinner date was disasterous. I really didn't like Julia and how she kept making it appear like she knew Jack better than Marin.  But I was really happy that she and her husband ended up having a good morning.

And Buzz, I really hope he can fix this.  Gambling sucks.

And Annie, I  am glad she moved on.  It's time for her to let go of Patrick.  I think new Patrick may actually like her, but does she like new Patrick?  I do no think she could.  maybe he will hit his head while going overseas and become Patrick again!

Reply 194#194 themegababe's post

Don't worry about it-no one hardly replies much to my comments.

Well it was one off but it would be a lot more interesting if Julia moved into Elmo that could make it more interesting but one-off appearance in this episode suggested that she not be recurring character.

New patrick is here to stay i don't think we will get old Patrick back?

Wander/Lust - 2x15

Wow, Greta was scary...poor, Patrick. I can't believe that whatever hope was left for Patrick and Annie no longer exists. I hope that she does not end up going with Ivan instead. Its really sad to see the possible end of Patrick and Annie (even though I have technically never seen them together ). I can't believe that Patrick really left. At first, when I saw him give Mai the ring, I thought that he was going to tell her to take it and use the money for her Florida Room. OMG, that wooden sculpture was so expensive! I must say, that was really nice of Jack. I'm also glad that Jack has something positive to do with his time now. I do love Sam and Jane but it seems like she is always hurting his feelings. I'm glad that he easily forgives her. I think that Jane is learner that love is better than materialism. Wasn't Mai moving in with Celia the funniest thing?

Reply 196#196 nye87's post

Wow ok, let me start with Wasn't Mai moving in with Celia the funniest thing?

She only single woman in Elmo that has her own house-latest episode Mia really crossed the border at start of that episode.

I do love Sam and Jane but it seems like she is always hurting his feelings-Well that's jane for you remember he not typical guy from city he's very old-fashioned.

Hi all,
I have a cold so am catching up on all tv..

at the end when Marin is thinking of Cash???????? But she only just got together with Jack!! (kinda) I cant see where the writers are going with this and it's kind of boring....more excitingly, moving on to Patrick!!

I agree with Bala on Patrick , we're probably not going to get the old Patrick back but I think it's obvious that he'll do the romantic "I've been around the world and I've fallen for you" thing with with Annie.
The actress who plays Mai turned up on something I watched recently..an early episode of Greys Anatomy where her characters husband is a writer and swallows his book! She's a cool actress and so good at Mai.

Can't believe I forgot to come back after the show was uploaded on the site.

I think Patrick's going away was a good thing for his character.  Having him in NYC gives more of an excuse to have Sam & Jane included in the storyline.  I agree with peasonice that Patrick will probably return to Elmo and fall back in love with Annie - at least I hope so.  I also REALLY hope Jane doesn't try to pimp Patrick out just to get that woman's business.  That wouldn't be nice, especially after how much he's helped at her office.

Mai never fails to make me laugh.  She & Celia are the consummate odd couple!   It's nice to see a different side of Celia though, as she starts to become actual friends with Mai.  That scene at the end with Mai doing her hair was hilarious.   

As for Cash - I agree with Bala - it was pretty smooth of him to pretend he didn't remember kissing Marin because of being on the pain meds.   I liked how he fessed up at the end though, and left before causing any damage.

As for Jack buying that statue, I wouldn't have pegged it as a sculpture of Julia either.   It was a beautiful piece, and considering the time that goes into something like that, the price didn't shock me.  Too bad it was SO pricey though, as Jack was only trying to be nice, and not actually wanting to invest in a piece of art...especially once he found out what it was. ;P

Reply 199#199 waterlilybarb's post

You see when you don't live in USA we have no choice but depend on this site and i do have one question 22 episodes this season?

i doubt jane will pimp Patrick out but i suspect she might lie to him to make him think she want him helping her out with her. if you get what i'm trying to suggest

Reply 200#200 bala's post

That's what I meant about "pimping" him out.  Of course she'd make it seem like a favour, but she would really know what it was - if it happens at all.

Yes, there will be 22 episodes this season, if the network airs them all.  They had some leftover from last season, so they started the season with those.  Unfortunately, this is a show that isn't owned by the network, and so they keep pre-empting it or moving it for shows they do own.  Usually for shows that are nowhere near as good.   I imagine if ABC doesn't stick with the series, someone else may pick it up, but all the stops & starts cause fans to get frustrated and some just give up after a while.  I guess we'll have to wait and see to find out for sure.

I think they are going to air the rest of the episodes as the end the show.  

only another 2 more episode until this series ends

Men In Trees 2x17

it didn't start out to be a good episode but finally he got his memory back   but it look like Annie has moved on and it's all thanks to that women and the dogs you just knew Julie would do that create problem for Marin and it nice some elmo people took the dogs.

Reply 204#204 bala's post

I didn't realize there are only a couple more episodes.  Bummer.  I was hoping for a few more before it ended.

As for last night's episode, I liked it.  I'm glad Patrick finally got his memory back, but the timing sucked.  I'm sure he and Annie will be back together by the end of the series.  I loved Celia with the dog - too cute.

As for Julia, I don't think she was trying to cause problems.  She felt bad (like Jack did), since the puppies belonged to the guy who died on their boat, and her heart was in the right place...even if her actions were not practical at all.

Reply 205#205 waterlilybarb's post

I hope they give this a good ending

Thread