Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 126#126 shinny's post

i watched this in the morning and doing the quiz so i didn't notice that but are you suggesting that jane is pregnant-that would be a nice twist to their story-line.

Reply 127#127 bala's post

Yep, I wonder is there more to her not drinking the wine than meets the eye !!

Reply 128#128 shinny's post

i got to admit after such a long break i really didn't enjoy the episode.

Reply 129#129 bala's post

That's funny you say that Bala because I did struggle with the first 10-15 minutes of it and then eventually I got back into it by the end.

That's the thing about these long breaks.

Reply 130#130 shinny's post

in my mind if i haven't seen a episode for a few week my mind get used to it and think it's ended.

Reply 126#126 shinny's post

I immediately thought that Jane might be preggers when she didn't drink the wine.  I'll be interested to see if we're right.

I really enjoyed this episode, and had no trouble picking up from where it left off.

Reply 124 gypsiegirl66's post

I'm not so sure about the new Patrick either.  I don't mind some of his new traits...like his wanting to try new things, but I like the nice guy who was polite and loved his mother and his fiancee.  I hope they are able to incorporate some of the old wit some of the new, to make him a great character again.  This amnesia thing has to end soon, one way or another, because it's tiring out quickly.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Cash and Marin.  I think they are definitely going to remain friends, but with him being ill and her waiting to see what happens with Jack, it makes for a good scenario to add more depth to their friendship.

As for Marin, she didn't look bad to me, just more like she's fitting in to small town life, and not as concerned about looking like a New Yorker.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Oh yes, I picked up on the wine (possible preggo) too, it just slipped my mind till I read these. That would be an excellent twist, to bring to little ole' Elmo.

Waterlily, I also like that Patrick is trying new things, I think everyone should. Like you, I think they need to, either bring back the old Patrick or mold the two together.....it's getting old.

Re: Marin- I wasn't referring to the way she is dressing ( I dress like that), I just thought her face looked tired and her hair looked kind of dirty IMO. Maybe she's just stressed because Jack isn't there, or sexually frustrated.

Reply 133#133 gypsiegirl66's post

HAHAHA!  I didn't find her looking particularly tired or stressed.  That sweater she's knitting seems to be her outlet for her sexual frustration.   Don't know how well that's working for her though, since she's feeling the need to be a budinsky.  I know it's out of friendship, but she mightn't have made Cash's problem so public if Jack were around.  Just a thought.

Reply 133#133 gypsiegirl66's post

Gypsy, I never saw your original last comment about Marin. Yes, I did think she looked different. I was thinking about it for a while and do you remember the shot of her standing talking to Cash outside of his Tent? I thought she looked particularly thin. Then it dawned on me that I think she's lost a little more weight and it doesn't really suit her. She's lost it off of her face too. Being too thin is not attractive ! I have a friend is quite a slight frame. If she loses an ounce of weight, it shows on her face !

Reply 134#134 waterlilybarb's post

You're right, I don't think she would have let that secret slip, had she had Jack there to keep her mind and other things occupied. I don't think knitting that sweater, is keeping her as intent as she'd hoped.

Reply  135#135 shinny's post

Glad to see I'm no the only one that noticed, she wasn't looking her usual self. Yes, that was one of the scenes, that I really picked up on it in. She does look very thin, in that scene. People with small frames, usually have to stay a certain weight, to look good. I am one of those people, if I lose one pound it's noticeable, usually in my face. Just like your friend, I'm guessing.

just saw promo for next episode

Interview with james tupper

Or maybe the wine tasted bad because she is pregnant but doesn't know it yet. Man, I feel so left out. Now I'll have to go back and watch all of the episodes. I have no idea who Cash is and is Buzz really Patrick's dad or is that like some kind of inside joke?? I laughed so hard out loud when it was mentioned. Did Cash and Marin used to date and why does he call her "princess"?? Oh, I guess I better go start soon because I have so many questions.   I did enjoy this episode, though...its really great to see the show back.

Reply 138#138 nye87's post

Buzz REALLY is Patrick's dad.  Cash is a guy who was a squatter on Marin's property when she bought her house and they have become friends, but have never dated.  I think he calls her princess because she's such a city girl that basic country stuff seems icky to her.  You'll definitely have to catch up, as it will all make much more sense to you.

Reply 139#139 waterlilybarb's post

Thank you! Wow, insight is really nice! I really appreciate you taking time out to explain it to me. I can't wait to see the other episodes. Thank you again.

Reply 138#138 nye87's post

Jannah, you have to go and watch this show. This is one of those FUN things, you have to do!! It's great to have you, I can't wait to hear what you think!!!

episode 10

i have a feeling i have wait until Friday for this episode to get updated?

Reply 142#142 bala's post

Possibly.  That's when it was up last week, right?

It was an amazing episode, but I'll wait to comment until it's up on the site.  Don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Reply 143#143 waterlilybarb's post

i know jack is back and he has a secret but that's all

i'm glad my feeling was right

Reply 144#144 bala's post

I don't remember any secret of Jack's.  Someone else has a secret though.

Reply 145#145 waterlilybarb's post

Well first half seem a bit like depressing than it was happy ending but on whole it just felt a bit  wrong-something was just off in this episode but on whole i did enjoy certain bits like when patrick remembered anne didn't like chessy.

As to secret-we knew Jeronmy had a talent but we didn't know what it was.

could you believe jack accused marin of sleeping with cash?

i think cash made right choice not tell marin about his kidney thing-that what i like about him he doesn't want ruin marin happiness but i have feeling she going find out soon.

i hope gamebabe does a quiz for this show.

Thread