Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

ABOUT THE SHOW

From one of the headwriters and executive producers of "Sex and the City" and the director of the Academy Award(r)-winning film, "Walk the Line," comes a fun and sexy ensemble drama about finding love in the most unexpected places.

"Finding a good man in today's world isn't as difficult as some women think. You just have to watch out for the signs. You wouldn't drive with a blindfold on, but for some reason, women continue to date with one..." So native New Yorker Marin advises a crowd of her devoted fans. Marin thinks she has found her good man, fiance Graham, but discovers, bound for a speaking engagement in Elmo, Alaska, that he's been cheating on her. Plans for the wedding come to a screeching halt. Concluding that she really doesn't know anything about men, Marin resolves to temporarily stay in Elmo, where the ratio of men to women is ten to one, and get started on her new book - about men.

Marin's subjects are quite a lively bunch. Adorably affable Patrick, an avid fan of Marin's books, runs the town's only inn and radio station. Man's man Buzz owns his own airline (one prop plane) that flies in and out of Elmo. Sophisticated Ben runs the town's only bar and has an unusual past. Last but definitely not least, strong and silent Jack protects the environment and comes to protect Marin from a possibly rabid raccoon and, occasionally, herself.

There are women in Elmo too. Both Theresa, Ben's estranged wife and a former rock musician, and Sara, the town's "working girl," introduce Marin to a whole new way of thinking about men. Mai, Buzz's mail-order bride who's always wheeling and dealing, and Patrick's mother, Celia, Elmo's ever watchful police chief, keep Marin on her toes. And of course there's Annie, Marin's biggest fan, who moves to Elmo after hearing about Marin's break-up to reassure her -- mostly by quoting the relationship advice she has learned from Marin's books. Back in NYC, Marin's tough-girl editor, Jane, lends her long-distance support, and even braves the ice and bad cell phone reception for the occasional visit.

Marin learns that she has been living with her eyes closed for too long. Now that they're finally open, she sees the amazingly beautiful world around her, and for the first time she'll have the chance to stop and breathe. Now if she could just get the raccoon out of her hotel room, this place might be perfect.

"MEN IN TREES" stars Anne Heche as Marin Frist, Abraham Benrubi as Ben Thomasson, Emily Bergl as Annie O'Donnell, Seana Kofoed as Jane, Suleka Mathew as Sara, Derek Richardson as Patrick Bachelor, Cynthia Stevenson as Celia Bachelor, Sarah Strange as Theresa, Lauren Tom as Mai Washington, James Tupper as Jack Slattery and John Amos as Buzz Washington.

POST ALL COMMENTS AND VIEWS HERE.

from: http://www.friendvista.com/forum ... =836&extra=page%3D1

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 00:06 ]
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

I really like this show...when it first started I thought it was going to be a bit of a copycat of the 80's show Northern Exposure, but although it has a similar premise, it's different and quirky..love it

yeah.  it is awesome.  can't wait for the new season!

Really is awesome show. Took a while to get into, but now I really love it.  What's the deal with the new season? Has it started? Hope it's going to come to Ireland......

It starts at the end of October.  maybe the 19th or 26th.  It is Friday nights at 9 or 10.  And there are 5 episodes from season 1 that were cut, so i do not know if they will air those or edit them so they just start new

Men In Trees Season 2 - Discussion

What did you think about that rock at the end "SICKNESS"? Do you think it means Marin has some unknown illness? When she was narrating, she said some pain is still too deep to be seen by human eyes. I think there was a definite message there.  

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 10-28-2007 13:31 ]

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 11-26-2007 20:29 ]

Reply #1 gypsiegirl66's post

I definitely noticed that, and think it will play a roll in this season, though I don't think it will be introduced right away.  Since the rock was hers and it was one that didn't get tossed over the mountain, my suspicion is that Marin will have some serious illness.  

Great episode though.  It answered the questions that we had, while adding new twists and complications.  I had to laugh out loud over Dick, Celia's boyfriend, coming out of the closet, and her opening of the closet doors to discover what he did in there.  A very real relationship milestone.   Annie's highly competitive nature was revealed, as was Patrick's deep love for her in spite of it.

I think it's going to be a great season...even better because it will be longer.  YAY!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

it isn't uploaded yet

Reply #3 bala's post

Sometimes it pays to live on this side of the Atlantic.

Reply #2 waterlilybarb's post

I got the impression that she did throw it over the mountain, the way it was laying in the snow........Now that you put it that way,  your theory makes more sense.
I laughed my butt off at that and when he did it after the game of Twister, at The Chieftain, that was sooo hilarious!
Another, relationship hurdle is the ex-factor which Ben and Theresa, Jack & Lynn and even Buzz & Mia seemed to be facing in this episode.

Reply #5 gypsiegirl66's post

It looked to me like the rock was in lying in the snow in Marin's yard.

The others should prove interesting.  On ABC's MIT page it has info about the show...updated for season 2.  Looks like we're in for a good ride.

Reply #6 waterlilybarb's post

I've got my seatbelt fastened and am ready for the roller coaster!!!

Reply #7 gypsiegirl66's post

Alright then Bette...looks like we're in for a bumpy ride.

Reply #6 waterlilybarb's post

It was CASH'S rock, it was written in blue ink. Remember, Todd had given Marin red and Cash blue!!!! Cash is the one who's sick!!!

Thanks gypsy.    That is what I was going to point out.  Cash's only rock was sickness.  It will be interesting to see what happens there.  

The end part with Lynn made me think she may be gone soon.  "I'm not sure I want her to believe in fairy tales."  I think she may walk out on Jack.  I think there is still going to be a lot of drama between Ben and Theresa

Reply #10 themegababe's post

I hadn't noticed the colour of the ink...or if I did I forgot.  Good catch.  As you say, should be interesting.

I really liked what Lynn said.  I don't think it's a good idea, especially for little girls, to be brought up thinking fairy tales are real.  I too think that Lynn might realize that Jack, though noble, is not really IN love with her anymore.  She'll most likely leave him, but maybe not Elmo.  I'll guess we'll have to stay tuned to find out.

And, yes, there's definitely going to be some drama between Ben & Theresa.  ABC's MIT page gives some info as to what Ben will be up to and hints that at least one marriage will end.  My bet is on theirs, but you never know.  He too is a noble guy.

They could not have Lynn leave Elmo, they need the tension to stay!  haha  Barb, About one marriage ending, who is actually married?  Ben and Theresa.  Buzz and Mai.  That's about it.  Lynn and Jack aren't technically married.  Is there anyone else married?

See, i think that fairy tales are all right.  But know that you need to wait and that there should be some reality.  For instance, I have met my Prince Charming and he is wonderful.  And his proposal was very romantical.  However, he has his flaws, as I have my own.  So I  guess,  I like fairy tales because I can forget about real life for awhile.  But I also believe that life can have fairy tale moments, and in the end all things will work out.  However, it is not so clean cut and easy.  Did that make any sense at all?

Reply #12 themegababe's post

Well, I see Justine Bateman (Lynn) Is listed as a guest star under most of the sites out there and she isn't even on the ABC cast bio page. That tells me, she wont be around too much longer and may only come back on occasion, to stir up some trouble.

I like a good fairy tail myself, unfortunately I've learned that nothing in life turns out that way, but good luck to you and your future hubby. I hope yours is one, that breaks all the rules about fairy tales!!

Well. I know it will not be perfect.  There will always be snafus in life.  But my prayers are that we are happy and love each other forever. Wow, I am sappy. But, it's true! haha

i'm confused i thought rock sickness refer to the other guy?

Thread