Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yes.  The rock sickness does refer to Cash

Reply #16 themegababe's post

was confused when you said marin

Reply #17 bala's post

It might help you understand better, if you read the responding posts before posting.........that it was Cash's rock has already been established. Sorry if you got confused.

Reply #13 gypsiegirl66's post

Word on the street () is that Jack might get a new love interest after going away for some course for is job.  So if Lynn leaves Elmo there will still be plenty of tension.

Re: Fairy tales, I admit, I enjoy a good one every now and then, more so as an adult than as a child.  It's nice to watch a movie that has the typical "happy ending" sometimes because it's fantasy and entertainment should sometimes just let us fantasize.  On the whole, I can't say I read a lot of fairy tales growing up, and life was anything but happily ever after.  The concept is nice, I just meant that I don't like little girls to think that all their problems will be fixed if a "handsome prince" comes into their life to sweep them off their feet.  As long as fantasy isn't confused with reality (which is another reason I don't read them to really young children...they don't know the difference yet), fairy tales can be fun.   

Sorry for the long ramble, but it's something I feel strongly about.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #19 waterlilybarb's post

No Other Woman for Jack on 'Men In Trees,' Series Creator Dishes on Season 2
September 13, 2007

Real life couple Anne Heche and James Tupper Earlier in the summer, it was reported that The Practice actress Kelli Williams will appear on the new season of ABC's Men in Trees.  Reports have claimed that Williams' character will serve as a love interest for Jack Slattery (James Tupper), but series creator/writer Jenny Bicks has said otherwise.

“Contrary to press reports, the character of Julia, played by Kelli Williams… will NOT be a love interest for Jack.  She will play a happily married scientist who works with Jack,” Bicks wrote on the show's production blog.  â€œThey will bond, but this isn't a love thing, okay?  You will get some delicious Jack and Marin [Anne Heche] this season, I promise.”

lame!  haha  I mean, I am glad about Jack and Marin, but a little drama just spices things up!  haha

Thanks for the clarification about fairy tales barb!

Reply #21 themegababe's post

I have to agree with you on the drama front.  We don't wan things to get boring now, do we?

you know, i should really use snazzy fonts more often.

Drama here we come!

Reply #23 themegababe's post

Hey girls, don't shoot the messenger, I was just copying/pasting from article before I headed to the Dr. yesterday. Geeze, I think it's a stinker too, you all know how much I love the drama department, I love to have things all stirred up too. Infact if it was possible, Id be the one stirring things up for Jack and Marin........
That jack is quite the Hottie.. !!

Reply #24 gypsiegirl66's post

He is rather scrumptious, isn't he?   We sure do grow some good looking people up here in Canada.

A little eye candy.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 10-19-2007 00:25 ]

Reply #25 waterlilybarb's post

Yes you do!! I remember when I was in H.S. in Maine. We used to go to the beach in the summer to look at all the Canooks in their crank suits (mens bikini), `cause none of the Maniacs wore them.
Believe me when I say, you do have some hotites!! Whoo Whoo!!!   

Reply #26 gypsiegirl66's post

Thankfully, the men I know...even the hot ones...have the sense to wear trunks to the beach.  It was most likely French Canadians you were eying.  They're a little more European in their tastes.  As for my guys, they don't want to give away any family secrets, if ya' know what I mean. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

haha I like how this has turned into a talk about canadians in banana hammocks.  haha

Reply #27 waterlilybarb's & themegababe's post

Well. the crank suit isn't really my tasted either but, but you have to admit it's nice eye cnady.....lol!! I wouldn't be seen walking down the beach, with a guy wearing one though........lol

Well, don't most great convo's end up about hot men....

True story

Episode 2

Looks like Lynn is on her way out of town, I wonder who will be shaking things up next? maybe it will be Cash or Marins ex, they may give us a little show of Marin & Jack play time, but that wont last.......and thats a good thing!!! I'm glad Lynn is gone though, I didn't like her character, it was just too blah, she had no pizazz at all.
I loved how Celia's eyes kept rolling up, that was soo funny to me, cause it was so obviously faked, I don't know something about her just cracks me up.

Kelli Williams-man she hot-sorry for being a typical guy

can't wait to see her

Reply #31 gypsiegirl66's post

Yes, Celia's eyes were a riot!  It cracked me up too.

As for Lynn, I'm glad she's gone too, and I'm glad Jack was finally honest with her and with himself about his feelings for her.  I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up later in the season, after having the baby, for some help.  I don't think she'll ever be Jack's love interest again, but she is on her own, and Elmo was her home.  

I also found Cash & Marin's stew cook off to be rather amusing, along with her subsequent foray into the forest.  Can you imagine the headline...Author Killed By Wild Parsnip...too ridiculous.

do you think she will come back? lynn

Reply #34 bala's post

Possibly, but if she does I think it would only be for an episode or two.

Thread