Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Episode: No Man Is an Iceland

Great episode!  I loved the return of Buzz' son, George, and his efforts to aid Patrick in wedding planning.  Very entertaining.

What I'm curious about is Cash getting that cold.  That can NOT possibly be the sickness the rock referred to.  If it is, that was lame.  If it isn't, I wonder how it will present itself.  Also, I want the recipe for Marin's "wonder" soup.  Sounds tasty, and seems to be a cure for whatever bug they had.  I need me some of that soup!

It was nice to meet a member of Mai's family.  Could you imagine being set up with Jerome?  That was stinkin' funny!  The fact that she would have preferred to marry a gay man over him tells us even more about Jerome.  Again, very funny...had me laughing out loud.

Celia's worry about being the "older" woman was cute, but when Dick said, "Let me be the Ashton to your Demi", I just about choked I laughed so hard.  They are an amusing pair, to say the least.

I'm glad that Marin and Jack are talking again.  Hopefully they'll settle into a friendship for a while and figure out what they really want before getting back into a romantic relationship.  I like them as friends.

Jack's attempt at tattoo removal looked painful.  That's a lesson...never have a person's name inked into your body.  You never know what could happen.

There was so much more good stuff in this episode, but I'm too tired to go on about it all.  I'd love to hear what anyone else has to say about it though.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #36 waterlilybarb's post

about Cash's sickness.  I think you are right.  That cannot be the sickness.  UNLESS he has aids or is HIV positive, so is susceptible to colds because of a weakened immune system.  I cannot think of many shows that deal with Aids.  Most show cancer or leukemia.  

I was also really excited to meet Mai's cousin.  She was so cute.  And like i mini-Mai!  haha

I think you did a great job at a recap Barb.   but yeah, I like Marin and Jack as friends, but I feel like they are going to try and pull the just friends thing, then there will be sexual tension, then get apart, then closer. I think it is going to be rather cyclic.  haha

And It will be interesteing to see if George is a  main character.  When he arrived last season, I wanted to see him as one.  It was really cute how he was just so far off from what Partick wanted. The suggestions were just ridiculous!  haha

What do you think about the racial mix on the show?  Usually shows are all white with  one black person, or all Asian, or all Hispanic.  It seems like many shows are getting more diverse and getting better at intergrating casts.  I would say this show is predominately white, but there is a mixture with Asian and black as well.  Thoughts?

well i finally got round to watching this last night and it was a nice episode i agree about cash i suppose they don't reveal his sickness too early it would ruin the suspense and i have no problem waiting.

Jack's attempt at tattoo removal looked painful.  That's a lesson...never have a person's name inked into your body-well that's love for you. i wonder why he didn't remove the tattoo before when she left first time.

What do you think about the racial mix on the show? -it's a good mix because each one bring own interesting story-lines on the show

First and foremost I would like to say thanks to Barb for taking the lead on the MIT Board, when I went away unexpectedly and doing this weeks recap. Sorry you all didn't get episode 3 quiz, but more important things came up.

I thought this was a great episode, as all of you seemed to also.  
For me I thought Cash's getting sick was some kind of "red herring" type thing, suppose to maybe throw us off, but we are too smart for that. I thought of the HIV/AIDS end of it, but I'm hoping this show doesn't go in that direction, that's just me.
I thought it was hilarious when Jack was having his tattoo removed with a Dremel, that had to have been so painful, but it was so funny. All I could think was, what do men think??
I loved that Cash seemed to be Jack and Marin's intermediary too, and got them back talking. I like the show best when they are at least talking, they don't have to be together, they can even be fighting, as long as there is some type of chemistry.
My favorite part of the show was Terri and George, the whole "marriage" and Terri getting jealous, after saying he didn't want commitment. I just really like them two, they make a great addition to the show.
Mai's sister was a nice touch, I liked her and I too have no clue why anyone would have set her up with Jerome.

[ Last edited by  gypsiegirl66 at 11-2-2007 01:13 ]

Reply #37 themegababe's post

I love that the show is reflecting a bit more reality in regards to the racial mix and interracial couples.  Many of my friends and some of my family are in interracial marriages or relationships.  It's never been an issue in my family.  

I think it's good to let people from places where the races don't mix so openly see that it's not a bad thing.  Sometimes there are differences resulting from cultural backgrounds, but there are differences in every relationship no matter what the race.

Gypsie, I also found George & Terri to be good additions.  Terri is such a strange duck, like a fish out of water, in the "macho" Alaskan image most people imagine.  It's a neat juxtaposition.  I also hope they make them, at the very least, recurring characters.  They sure are funny, and definitely quirky enough to fit into the show and Elmo.

Episode 4

Well this was funny episode i honestly don't know where to start Patrick bachelor  party with mud wrestler i got admit it really made me laugh and Celia drunk is very funny. so jack made the right decision about job give it time to see what happens.

edited:thanks barbs

[ Last edited by  bala at 11-4-2007 17:49 ]

Reply #41 bala's post

It wasn't a birthday party it was his bachelor party.

I'm too tired to chat about it now, but I'll be back.

Reply #42 waterlilybarb's post

hah yeah the O'Bachelorton bachelor party!  haha  I thought it was a great episode as well.  and there will be an episode 4 review up for you guys later today!  So do not fret!

Hi Everybody!

I just got done watching episode 5 (The Girl Who Cried Wolf) and it was the best episode I have seen so far. I can't wait to see what happens next week. To see if Marin gets attacked by the wolves. Granny Penny
Recent Ratings
  • gypsiegirl66 Points +2 Thanks for starting discussion!! 11-13-2007 12:21
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Reply #44 penny3760's post

You're right, it was one of the best so far.  I, too, am looking forward to next week's episode.

The fiasco of the O'Bachelorton's impending nuptials, the straying padre, and the wolves...there's a lot going on in Elmo.

It looks like Cash is returning to Elmo...will this be the beginning of the "sickness" alluded to at the start of the season?
The Chieftain is now closed...what will the locals do?  And, last, but not least, we were left with Marin surrounded by a pack of wolves.  Next week's episode is going to be good!

Hi Barb! I didn't know which thread to go to to ask this question.  Do you know when that new show called Zena will start?  I love that show. I've always wanted to see it from the very beginning. Thanks Granny Penny
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Reply #46 penny3760's post

Sorry Penny, your guess is as good as mine.   All I know is that it's coming soon, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Such an interesting episode!  I liked how the cat came back at the end, that has to be a good sign right?  And what do you all think will happen with Marin and the wolves?  Personally, I think that Jack is going to find her and save her.  And then he will stay.  But Cash being back will bring up more tension and drama.

I bet the cheiftan will reopen.  They cannot keep it closed for long.  That or the Inn (once repaired) will start serving booze.  

And the wedding.  Poor little Annie.  But I feel like she will have a talk with her Mom (who realized she shouldn't have gotten married or should have said something and had an impact on her wedding), and realize that Patrick loves her and they should get married.

Is Pastor Eric and Sarah's wedding coming soon??

Reply #48 themegababe's post

I'd like to see Sarah marry the pastor, but I don't know if she'll feel worthy any time soon.  The previews for next week make it look like she feels guilty, like she led him astray.  We know that's not the case, he made his own choice, but with the town acting like it did, it's no wonder she feels responsible.

Someone's going to be in the hospital.  The previews made it seem like it might be Marin, but my guess is the cat...I don't know why.   

Whatever happens, I'm sure looking forward to the new episode.

Reply #49 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, you're right she probably won't feel worthy for some time, but I think that Eric will help her get over that. It was totally his decision to crawl into her bed, he went there looking for one thing that night, that was clear.

As far as the wolves, I have 2 thoughts, either Cash saves her, or Jack saves her. Maybe they both show up and it's a showdown, as to who is the most capable of protecting Marin.

Whatever is going to happen, I'll be there nail biting........

Reply #50 gypsiegirl66's post

Well I didn't see that coming!  Patrick struck by lightning?!  And now with amnesia?!  I would not have guessed that.

You were right regarding Cash saving Marin...I'm just glad someone showed up to scare off the wolves.  We also now know for sure that Cash is the one who is ill.  I'm curious as to what the illness is.  It must be serious for him to return...maybe he had cancer and has had a recurrence.

I felt SO bad for Annie.  She looked beautiful, but her big day was a complete wash.  First discovering her parents wanted a divorce, then that her father had cheated on her mother, then Jane stealing the attention with her impromptu proposal to Sam, aka Plow Guy, then her brother is drunk, and finally, after making it down the aisle before the rain falls, Patrick gets struck by lightning.  THAT'S a bad wedding story.

There were some comic moments, and as usual Celia and Dick provided much of the comic relief with their being handcuffed together for the whole day.  Jerome was a surprise!  And the way Annie's mother fell for him, I found amusing.  

Pastor Eric and Sarah seem to be working things out, but Ben and Theresa look to be headed for a bit of trouble.  

All in all, a good episode.  I just hope they don't carry the amnesia thing on too long.  That can get tiresome after a while.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 11-22-2007 00:44 ]

Reply #51 waterlilybarb's post

Nope, we definitely didn't see the lightning coming Patrick's way!

I was happy to see Jane again. And the two proposals. What fun! But what will they be doing now? Where will they be living? New York?

I was so glad to see Cash return. Rooting for the guy since day one!

Will Jack leave and be gone for 9 months (pretty please??) - and what will Marin do during that time? Will his ex-wife finally leave town? (pretty please?)

Sorry, but I don't like either one of those chars.

The epi was okay, but not exciting.

I'm wondering if we're supposed to root for Jack? I find the back and forth as annoying as Jack's styled hair.

Penny, Zena is up!

This episode, was great!  Just got a quiz up, sorry it took so long.  I have been a little lethargic as of late.  

See ms smith, I have to disagree.  I just really like Jack and Marin.  He was trying to be noble and stand by Lynne.  That was great!  And I do not think they were ever actually married, just dating for a long time.  And she left town a few episodes ago.

And yeah, i think we are supposed to be rooting for him!  Cash was thrown in for spice.  I wonder if he will stick around Elmo and let Marin take care of him.  Will he become her savior?  Will she ever be able to stand on her own?  And Barb, I think it may be cancer, or aids.  But I wonder if he will just continue being mysterious and showing up every 2 or 3 weeks.

And yeah, the amnesia needs to leave soon.  But he remembered the forget me nots!  He seems a little slower, more laid back now, maybe it is just because he is in the hospital.  Well, hopefully he remembers everything soon!

Quote:
jack's styled hair
yeah, we think that 'do stinks like an old beehive wig, not that we like marin's character either. strange that a  character who is such a relationship black hole on a show that promotes such fidelity (and "standing by" a person should not = marrying them because someone else got them pregnant!) is supposed to be the maid of honor and best man. (btw, both she and tupper have filed for divorce no? that relationship sounds like a good idea - NOT)

we could just go ahead and like this show if they would get rid of jack and marin. the rest of the cast is adorable even if the amnesia bit is rather tired.
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Well, I loved this episode, I thought it was great!!
I thought it was a complete riot when Annies brother got up there to make that speech and Jane ended up propsing to Sam. Then Annie got all mad, because Janie Hijacked her wedding, even though it was already a complete bomb.

That bobby-pin, that Terry put in Patrick's  hair and the chain reaction it caused, was so sad and so funny, what great writing. Like all of you (I thought this right after the scene), I hope this amnesia isn't dragged out to long.

You could have knocked me over with a feather, when I saw Jerome's transformation. Wow, what a complete difference, from what he looked like before he cleaned up. Still to see him with Annie's mum was, more than a little weird.

It was good to see that Eric and Sarah, might actually have a chance to work it out, they seem so good together. I do wonder what is up with Ben though, they kind of hinted through Theresa (by the things she said), that something may be going on with him, that even she is in the dark to (so are we).

I like Jack and Marin, I like them together (on the show). I don't agree with cheating (real life), I think it's completely wrong. However, I don't think it's wrong for someone that has been in love with someone most of their life, who isn't sure if they are over that person, to give it another try. Jack had to go back to Lynn, for it to finally be over. If he didn't there would have always been these lingering unresolved feelings. What would have happened, if he hadn't gone back and she left town after a few days, then came back a couple of years from now. Like after Jack and Marins first child was born (hypothetically), and they were having financial or other problems. What if he decided then, that he had missed his chance to resolve his feelings and instead of facing things, he now has an easy fix. No, I think that what happened was a good thing, for everyone involved.

As far as Cash goes, he's cute, but I don't see him as a long term type guy. He's more of a guy you go out with, to get over someone with. Don't be looking to settle down with this one, a girl would be luck to get a week of commitment from Cash.. Anyone can have a pretty face, but to get one that has the depth and the caring that Jack has, that's rare. IMO.  

Thread