Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 71#71 gypsiegirl66's post

i have nothing personal against jane it just i don't see what they can do with her character.

Reply 67#67 themegababe's post

Did you forget that Plow Guy went and visited her in NYC? Which was much fun, too! I loved that.

I'm so pleased they got married. Now it should get really interesting.. where to reside, how to work out their very different sets of friends. But I guess it'll be Elmo. Hope Jane stays true to herself there and doesn't turn into yet another Elmonite. That would be boring.

Reply 71#71 gypsiegirl66's post

Totally!!! I so hope she doesn't mutate and adjust as quickly as did Marin. We want tension! Surprise us with new ideas coming from that.

I'm dying to see a less traditional couple.

I personally don't care if Jack dies at sea or gets it on with that chick (there seems to be a hint in that direction).

Where on the planet was Cash? I must've missed where he went, but I'm totally not pleased.

Marin being all lovesick and calling Jack's mom was .... Eeeew. She stays home like little housewifey and waits till big strong man returns from his adventure out in the world? Gimme a break.

Jane, Jane, we desperately need Jane. Do something, mix it up, bring something new to this town which otherwise seems to be headed for La-la-Boring-Land.

Oh, and the new Patrick? -- New and improved!! Sorry for Annie, but new Patrick has a point. Born, raised, died in Elmo and never went anywhere? Who in his right mind would think that's interesting? Go discover the world, one way or the other, study something cool, whatever. Take Annie with you, if you like.

No I do remember that plow guy went to NYC.  But I think she was in Elmo for a week and then he was in NYC for a week.  So that's like 2 weeks.  I said maybe 3.  haha It still just seems very fast to me.

And yeah Barb, I do get what Annie feels like.  I was just more shocked by what she said.  Actually, i didn't think Patrick was living with he, I figured he was back with his Mom.   It is a little wierd that they were in the same room.  And he did treat her like a one night stand.  That is so awkward and so un-Patrick-like!

Bummer!

No new episode tonight!  I forgot until I went to watch it.  Arggh!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 74#74 ms.smith's post

I'm with you ms. smith, let's start stirring that pot!! And I so want Janie to move to Elmo, I think they could take her character very far, as do I her and Sam's relationship. Elmo needs some new life, and the changes they are making, seems to be heading in the right direction, every show has to grow. I too love the new Patrick, I hope the old one comes back, keeping the new one in place!!
Of course, I myself want to see Marin and Jack end up together, in the end. Let's hope that is a long time from now, and that there is a lot more drama in between now and then!!

Nope, no show tonight Barb!

First time watching

I watched Men in Tree's for the first time every today. Ep7 season 2.  And I must say I wasn't impressed.  Sorry for all those out there who watch this show regularly.  I know i'm coming in mid 2nd season and it's only one show I've seen but I didn't connect with any of the characters, didn't find it overly funny.  So i don't think i'll be watching it again.  I did like how they ended the episode! Cliffhangers are fun.  
all and all i tried it and it didn't tickle the taste buds.

i am in the race!
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +4 watch s1 & s2 and join in on the fun 12-3-2007 09:45

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

I am in the race

I am the same as 'Kwargalla' and watched it for the first time today.  I had planned that if I got some time I would watch this show.  I thought it was OK, took me a while to work out who was who but thats just because it is midway through season 2.  I think I will go back and watch the first couple of episodes of season 1 and decide then if I will continue to watch it.  The characters seemed a good bunch that could be quite funny and quirky.  On the whole not bad but not brilliant.

I too have not really watched this show. I saw the first one and watched this one for the race.
I think it's a show that I could get into but it's not top of my list of shows to watch.
Just on the latest episode, I felt very sorry for Annie, found Marin neurotic and irritating, Jack kind of cute and Patrick a pain (although I see he does have an excuse!)

Like I say, this is based on very little and I hope I got the names right!

I am in the race I would have commented on other characters but can't remember their names!!
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +4 watch s1 & s2 and join in on the fun 12-3-2007 09:45
"You're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!"

I've already posted my thoughts on that epi above, posts 73/74

I am in the race!
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +4 keep watching the show and enjoy! 12-3-2007 09:46

not really much i can comment on as its not a show i watch , cant say as it was a show that caught my attention either so dont think i will watch again , sorry if this is one of ya favorites just not my taste. only plus points was i guess it ended on a cliffhanger....i guess i'll never know how that one ends either ...lol

i am in the race
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +4 watch s1 & s2 and join on on the fun 12-3-2007 09:46

I thought that the last episode was cute but sad. I think that it was cute how that "other woman" turned out to be Jack's mom and I thought that what Ben did for Theresa was cute (with the new car and putting her name on the ice cleaner). I also thought that Jerome and Mary Ellen were cute when they acted like themselves and decided to exchange letters. But, I feel so sorry for Annie. I think that I would be devastated if I were in the same situation. And poor Jack, that storm looked severe and I hope that everyone is okay. I'm in the race.

i never really got into this show.......sooooooooo

it wasnt a bad eppy to watch, mia was funny....roflmao....kiwi n jerky.... not a good mix if ya ask me...other then that nothing really happened to get me into the show....guess its just not my thing

i'm in the race
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +4 you should keep watching the show and jo 12-3-2007 09:47
Come Over To The Dark Side, We Have COOKIES!!!!!!

hi all

this is not a show i watch but have to say i thought the episode was funny , all that suspicion and it turned out to be his mum nice twist....wasnt julia out of that law drama the practice

i am in the race

yeah, you know a man loves you when he names his zamboni after you!

marin on her regular suspicious track is just annoying.

annie's hair makes her look ten years older and the amnesia plot is still tired.

jerome is the greatest, we're wondering how this letter-writing affair is going to turn out. how do mai and buzz make their relationship work

we like jane but we don't want to see her move to elmo (and really, what were they doing out in the woods? oh brother!)

we're in the race!
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +4 keep joining us in this forum! 12-3-2007 09:47
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

I AM IN THE RACE

I have only watched maybe 4 or 5 episodes of this show.  But, I am really getting to like this show.  I feel so sorry for Patrick and Annie. It must be harder on Annie though. Imaging one day you are getting married to this guy and the next day he doesn't even know you. It was funny when Marin found out you Donna was.  I like Mia one minute and the next minute I don't.  She tries to help out  but she always seems to mess up everything.  I can't wait till the next show when we get to see what happens with Jack  and the sinking ship.
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +4 keep getting into the show granny penny! 12-3-2007 09:48
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

It's great to have some fresh and outside opinions of the show. I hope that those of you that posed an interest, will take the time and watch S1 & 2 and come over and have some fun.
This wasn't the best episode to get you hooked, there is so much unfinished business going on, too much catching up on.
Granny Penny, I too loved the whole Donna turning out to be jack mum, that made me belly laugh so badly!!

Well, I hope to see you here again!!
Thanks for participating!!

i dont quite dont like this show

i am in the race
Recent Ratings
  • themegababe Points +4 watch s1 & s2 and give it a second c 12-3-2007 09:48

Glad to see that you all found interesting things to say, even if it wasn't your type of show (it's not for everyone, i understand).  But I hope you can all continue to watch it and join us in the future.

and Gypsy, I am so excited to see more of Janie as well. I have a feeling she will move to Elmo, as she married Sam.  And I just cannot see him moving to NYC.  

And yeah.  Jack's mom.  That was hilarious. But I kinda felt bad for poor Marin.  How embarrassing was that for her?  I'm excited to see what happens next week!

I just got to watch the new episode this afternoon...I fell asleep last night.

What is with all the men coming on to Marin?  I know it's Alaska, and the male to female ratio is high, but it is a small town and everyone knows she's with Jack.  That just seemed odd.  
As for Jack and the chick from the boat...I can't remember her name...what a terrible situation!  To have to cut that guy free to save themselves...a little too heavy for a mainly comedic show.
Patrick was hilarious...hitting on Marin.   He is SO different, as his quiz results showed.  Maybe he and Annie will fall in love again, but I don't think it will be soon.  I don't mind if they keep some of the new aspects of his character (though I LOVE old Patrick), I just wish they'd finish this stupid amnesia storyline.  Enough already!

That's all I've got for now.  Can't wait to hear what the rest of you thought.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Thread