Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Stewart is back.... is he back or not?.. that's one of  the questions. Where is Cash? That's the other one.

Will Annie get a clue already? It's getting really tired and repetitive. The New Patrick doesn't dig her as much. Okay. But here's a question for you: Why is she after New Patrick in the first place? She doesn't try to figure out who this guy is, just wants the old one back. Maybe it's not gonna happen for a couple of years, so get a life. A new one. She ought to acutally dislike New Patrick, no?

I like that Marin is at least aware of how her devotion to Mr. Cheaterguy looks....  All this talk about patience. Sounds good and holy on paper... but look at all the second fiddles, the mistresses, who do nothing much but wait for their married pashas. It's not that simple. What are the things worth waiting for? That was her question. My answer: Jack sure isn't one of those things. Get a grip. Take a look at redhot Lonnie (sp?). They sure got some guys worth checking out up there in Elmo. ooooh baby. Oh, yeah, no wonder Marin got booted from her own show in the MIT elimination game.

Barb: her name is Julia. Julia and Jack. You heard it here first! In my post after last epi!  It's going to be a problem. She's going to be a problem. She may talk about her hubby etc. But the way Jack looks at her? Oooh, ooh, ooops. They may not happen, but his wandering eye still seems to be wandering. And now they have a history, a big event that happened. Something she may not be able to talk to her husband about. Something he can't share with her. Something huge...

[ Last edited by ms.smith at 12-9-2007 08:45 ]
Life's a party. Crash it.

I'm sad to see so many negative comments about this great wee show!
To watch one episode...mid-season....and decide that it's not for you is fine, and you're all entitled to your opinions, but why make the effort to check into this MiT Discussion/Appreciation thread and slag it off?
All MiT fans would agree that there is a lull in some of the storylines at the minute....but that happens in all programmes. So if you don't like it and don't intend to watch this great show again that's fine....but we fans don't need to read your negative comments. Keep them to yourself!!

Okay that's my rant over!

Reply 93#93 irishbuddy's post

Irish, you're probably not aware of The Amazing Forum Race.

It just so happened that during the race one of the tasks was to watch a certain epi of MIT, answer questions pertaining to it, and then the participants were required to post their thoughts here.

You are correct - the result isn't always adding much to the discussion.

But hey - just like you said re: no need to comment if you hate it... You may do the same and just ignore those posts.

Remember - Ignorance is Bliss!!
Life's a party. Crash it.

Oops you're right ms.smith I didn't realize that I'd stumbled into a thread that was created for The Amazing Forum Race!

My mistake! Will try to keep up with the board activities from now on!

will there be a quiz on latest episode?

yes i am sure there will be a new quiz.  but it looks like there is no new episode tonight (they are pushing it back as far as they can).  So I think we will have the quiz up by Monday.  Since we have a bunch of time to fill and do not need to get it out too fast!

sweatering it out

yeah, what did we miss, where is cash?

this was a much better episode than usual because there was more jane and the plow guy, yay! and thank goodness for annie putting her hair in a ponytail, that other mop she's been wearing was really bugging us!

great songs to start and finish the episode but we are just sick and disgusted by the boat scene! we never saw "titanic" but this storyline seemed the same tired crap. if the guy is going to die in 1/2 an hour why can't they just be with him? is it that hard for us to witness death? we may go forward alone but that is no reason for someone to have to die without their hand being held and a shared recognition that death will come for us all. it didn't really look like the boats could not have resisted for another 30 minutes! blech!
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

I loved episode 2x08. I think that it officially made Patrick my favorite character in the show. But I love Annie, too. They're both so hilarious. Kudos to Marin for waiting it out instead of taking one of the many offers that she had with guys who were not losers. I think that Jane and Sam make the cutest couple and I'm glad they worked out their little problem. I feel so sorry for Annie; I hope that she finds happiness again SOON whether it be with Patrick or another guy.

New to MiT

Just watched the first episode, and i've got to say, I think I've found a new show to like =).  It's a nice to take a break from the drama of County General Hospital for the comedy up in Elmo, Alaska (and great to see a family face...ole Jerry, or Ben as he's called in MiT, is still the bartender)

Glad you found us and like us!  Welcome to the Men in Trees forum, Arielle!

Reply 11#11 themegababe's post

Thanks!  I'll be back more when I catch up.  Should be soon cuz there is only a season and a half...it all depends on whether or not my internet likes me lol Stupid internet time outs!

ah yes that is frustrating! haha  nice work on the new GG quiz, by the way, I am hoping to have some time to take it soon!

Okay so I finally caught up =)  Too bad the writer's stike has ended further airings of the show, because now that I'm hooked, I'd like to see what happens next. Like...
1)  What was Cash doing in the hospital that day?  Does he have cancer or some other fatal disease which is why he doesn't want to get attached, just live the little life he has left the best he can.  Or was it just a routine check up which meant nothing?
2)  Of course Jack and Julia will get saved, but will something happen on that raft before then, or will Marin finally give in to all the men in Elmo and forget about Jack?  I don't think that will happen, but I don't think Jack will be gone for 9 months anymore.  I can't wait to see their reunion!
3)  When will Patrick's memory come back, if it ever does?  I don't like the new Patrick!  I want to see him and Annie happily married like they should be.
4)  Will Jane and Sam's 6 and 6 plan work out?  At least there is one happy, newlywed couple on the show!
5)  Are Sarah and Eric going to get married too?  I kinda got that feeling, especially since he is going back to being a minister meaning no pre-marital sex.
6)  I didn't think Jerome had it in him to be the romantic, but after seeing him with Annie's mom, it changed my whole view of him.  This show definitely creates some interesting relationships!

I think that's all I have to say for now.  Now I'm off to find a new show to get hooked on until this writer's strike ends and all my shows come back!

Reply 100#100 imarielle626's post

Arielle, it's a killer isn't it? I got caught up to the recent episodes and then I was like, what now?!!!

So many unanswered questions. I just hope we don't have to wait too long.

Quote:
Originally posted by nye87 at 12-24-2007 02:38  
I loved episode 2x08. I think that it officially made Patrick my favorite character in the show. But I love Annie, too. They're both so hilarious. Kudos to Marin for waiting it out instead of taking o ...
I thought this funniest episode with Patrick -i was wonder what they were going to do with memory-loss and this change in character is brillant. i can't wait for the next episode

Patrick & Marin    

Reply 101#101 shinny's post

It returns with new episodes on February 27th, and they have quite a few new episodes in the can.  I can't wait either.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

I just started watching this show and it's really funny. I loved Northern Exposure and this series is filling the gap. It's like 'Sex in the country' with spectacular views of Alaska thrown in, it's really relaxing to watch! Anne Heche's voice sometimes sounds like Katharine Hepburn's. I really like the character Patrick and Mai is pretty hilarious. The chemistry between Marin and Jack is sizzlin'! I hope ABC keep this series going as I feel like it's one of those word-of-mouth series that grows in popularity...

Hey guys,
I just finished series 2x8 and i cant believe that we'll have to wait to see what happens to everyone!! The whole sickness/Cash thing has resurfaced once already and it looks like it's going to be a story that slowly unfolds....I loved it when Mai's cousin turned up (i dont think saying that gives away the surprise!)

It doesn't look like anything is going to happen between Jack and the scientist with him in the dinghy, i got worried when she first appeared cos she's quite a known actress and i was like 'oh no here we go!' but I think Marin is safe. I just keep wondering who, where and when the call telling Elmo about Jack's situation is going to happen. My money is on the call going into the Chieftan...or hmmm the police station maybe.....the suspense!

Jack's mum was hidden under a big hat so does that mean that she's going to be a surprise actress or person too?

promo for next episode

i wonder what the secrets is?

Promo

Thread