Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Glad to see Jack back in Elmo.  Marin and Jack's reunion was cute how she literally knocked him to the ground.  They've been waiting a long time to be together!  I though it was cute how he still called her coach.

Also glad to see Patrick is regaining some of his memory.  I guess now it is only a matter of time until we get the old Patrick back.  That story line was way too dragged on!

Wow Jerome!  What an amazing pianist he was!

Reply 147#147 imarielle626's post

It still takes times unless he get hit by lighting again?

Reply 148#148 bala's post

Yeah it'll take time.  I mean he could just wake up one day and remember, but usually when someone suffers from a head trauma that affects memory little things will trigger the memory and slowly the mind will start to heal itself.

Reply 149#149 imarielle626's post

What about Cash-do you think he will exit from the show like he did few episode back?

Reply 150#150 bala's post

I think he will leave for a while.  He doesn't want to get in the way of Jack and Marin.  But it won't be the end of him.  He is in renal failure so can't last long without hospilization. I think the next time we see Cash he will be rushed off to the hospital.

Reply 141#141 gypsiegirl66's post

I will definitely let you know!

I feel so bad for Cash. I guess not telling Marin was the "noble" thing to do, but at the same time I hope he doesn't do anything stupid like ignore everything the doctor told him. I am happy that Jack has returned to Elmo and I did think that He and Marin's reunion was the cutest. Mai finally getting to do what she had regretted not doing(I'm trying not to give anything away) was too funny. OMG, and Patrick never hearing of Paris Hilton before.

Reply 146#146 bala's post

Themegababe, aka Meg, got married today so I think she has more important things on her mind.  However, Gypsy already posted a quiz for this episode.

I agree, Cash was right not to tell Marin right then about his news, though she would have wanted to know no matter that Jack was home.  She'll find out soon enough, because he'll get sick pretty quick without treatment.

I was glad that Patrick had a flicker of memory too.  And I loved that it was the forget-me-nots that triggered it, since they were his & Annie's favourite flower.  It will be interesting to see if they return his entire memory, or just parts of it.  I hope his whole memory returns, but that he retains some of the new traits he has gained, like his desire to try new things.

I loved Jerome's storyline, and how he said the decisions he had made led him to Annie's mother.  He's quite the fascinating fellow.  I also got a kick out of Sara & Pastor Eric's dilemma.

And I wonder if Ben & Theresa will expand their family?  For them it might be nice...I just don't want the show overtaken by little kids.  It always changes the dynamics of the adult relationships and I rather like the dynamics of this show.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 153#153 waterlilybarb's post

I know i saw quiz yesterday

Meg -congratulation

There was a lot going on in this episode. I'm so glad to see Jack back and he a Marin finally get to be together, but my heart went out to Cash. I feel so sorry for him. Yes, as Jannah said, it was the noble thing to do, but sometimes making a sacrifice gets in the way of our well being. I hope that the Marin finds out soon so she can help him, but I fear it's as Arielle said and the next time we'll see him will be in the hospital or at least on the way to being in hospital.

Marin knocking Jack down with the bike was hilarious. Even in this sweet moment, we had a comedy element !!

Barb, I loved too that the "FORGET"-me-nots were the trigger for Patrick's memory flashback. It was very fitting. I also agree that this has dragged on little too long, so it's good to see it's finally starting to come out the other side. I think Annie is very very patient!!

The Jerome storyline is so sweet. He clearly is a very talented man with a lot of hidden dept. It's funny how you can assume someone is one way, but not really know them at all.

Ok, so I got to see the first episode and LOVED it. I never would have thought that would have been how it all began. Unfortunately, I got really sick yesterday and still am so, I'll have to delay the continuance for a while. But I couldn't keep away all day...I had to see what was going on. Hello to all and if I am not back tomorrow, I'll see you all when I get better.

Reply 156#156 nye87's post

Hey there Jannah!  Sorry to hear you're sick.    It's definitely no fun.  I'm looking forward to your observations on the show, and am glad you went back to the beginning.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more once you really get to know the characters.

Get well soon girlie, and we'll talk to you when you're feeling better.

hope you're feeling better too, nye!

ay yayayayaaaaaarrrrgggh! we did not miss jack at all! and they found the raft that had the body of the guy they cut loose so there really was no point to that stupid action! hate that cash is sick but love that he's getting some play time and finally jerome! yes, we love jerome and are so glad that THAT is his secret and not that he was some secret agent killer or such. mai with pompoms is hilarious and excellent insight into Sara & Eric and Ben & Theresa! such a great cast if you cut out the two main characters!
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

I'm finally back and feeling much better...I'll be happier once this cough has gone, though. Thank you waterlily barb and sddvasquez for your sweet sentiments. Reading them makes me feel ten times better.

Well i have to say this another ok episode, of course moving in with someone is not going to be easy but i think jack proved he can be handy i mean repairing her laptop was kind of sweet and in the end i got say Patrick is one odd ball but at least he managed to find way to be the in air.

Even though I am happy for Marin and Jack, I feel bad for Cash. I hope that it will not be that hard for me when I have to move in with someone. It was so cute how Patrick called Mai, "Mama Mai". I don't know if he did that before, but its my first time hearing it. I also think that it was very sweet of Sam to do that for Jane. OMG, I hope that Celia is okay.

Jack and Marin are annoying me with all their drama...I don't know why they're bugging me more than usual this week.  I don't mind a bit of bickering, but I don't care for the silent type who walks out when things aren't going well.  Cash is great and I love that he's a good enough friend to try and make the transition easier, despite his statement that it wouldn't last. lol

Patrick calls Mai, Mom-Mai, since he learned Buzz was his dad.  I think this was the 1st we've heard it since the amnesia though.  I loved his "Danny Deckchair" moment.  I too hope Celia is OK.  Maybe it will jog Patrick's memory somehow.

Sam & Jane just get sweeter every week, and Sam is the kind of guy you'd definitely want a round.  He's a hard worker who isn't ashamed of an honest job, and has been willing to go out of his way to make his wife happy.  Could it get better?

Ben & Theresa's decision to try to get a pregnant will probably be quite humorous.  Her run-in with Mai at the gas station made me laugh out loud.  And Theresa's arrival in the locker room (or was it Ben's office?) was priceless as well.

Reply 162#162 waterlilybarb & all

I agree, I didn't like the silent treatment either, that is something that I just couldn't tolerate. I think this may have been something that had to do with the PTSD (not being able to deal), that Jack is obviously suffering from, by the dream he had at the end.

I'm wondering what is going on with Celia, I missed next weeks previews at the end, so don't know if the gave us a nibble. I hope that she is ok, and she isn't leaving the show.

I wonder how Patrick is going to get down from up there, maybe pop one balloon at a time, until he starts to come down. If he goes to far up, he'll just fall....really fast!

To all- sorry you haven't seen me around too much, I have Dr's orders to spend limited time on the computer, reading and other things in my life, due to seizures I have, caused by the Lupus. With the nominations, pool & awards going on, my online time is spread thin.
Thanks for understanding!!

Reply 163#163 gypsiegirl66's post

The teaser for next week didn't show anything about Celia...which I found strange.  I actually thought that she was going to try and shoot some of the balloons to get Patrick down ...but she wound up crashing instead.

Re: the teaser for next week, it was all about Marin going to Sam & Jane's do in NYC and Stewart is going to be there.  It also looks like she and Jack have another fight...shocking.

As for Jack's silence being caused by the PTSD, that might have a bit to do with it, but if I remember correctly, he was kind of like that with Lynn too.  I think he's just not good with confrontation, and having been through such a terrible ordeal isn't likely to have improved his communication skills.

Well i can't wait for next episode

What an episode it was I'm glad jack finally told marin about him not able to sleep but he rang julia i don't like that story-line they shared unique experience on that boat and she is the only one to understand what jack went through and it look like this is going get interesting.

i actually for first in while thought this episode was why i liked the show mainly humour of jane parents. that just cracked me up. poor jermoe he always the loner in the show just wish he had a happy ending.

hopefully this episode added tomorrow.

[ Last edited by bala at 3-20-2008 20:46 ]

Reply 165#165 bala's post

I agree about Jerome...I felt so bad for him.   As for Jane's parents...how do you marry someone and NOT tell them your parents are little people?  They were great, but some advance knowledge would have prevented any awkwardness, plus it's a huge part of what made her the kind of person she is.

As for Jack calling Julia, I wouldn't read too much into it.  I think it's often necessary for people who experience trauma to talk to others that were there with them.  They are the only ones who can REALLY understand what they're going through and feeling.  I'm also glad Jack finally told Marin about why he hasn't been able to sleep.

I'm going to have to rewatch this episode though, because I missed parts, thinking I was recording it.  Unfortunately, I forgot to turm the VCR off after I programmed it , so I'll watch it again when I have the time.   

Thread