25 12
Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Men In Trees Season 2 - Discussion

What did you think about that rock at the end "SICKNESS"? Do you think it means Marin has some unknown illness? When she was narrating, she said some pain is still too deep to be seen by human eyes. I think there was a definite message there.  

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 10-28-2007 13:31 ]

[ Last edited by gypsiegirl66 at 11-26-2007 20:29 ]

Reply #2 waterlilybarb's post

I got the impression that she did throw it over the mountain, the way it was laying in the snow........Now that you put it that way,  your theory makes more sense.
I laughed my butt off at that and when he did it after the game of Twister, at The Chieftain, that was sooo hilarious!
Another, relationship hurdle is the ex-factor which Ben and Theresa, Jack & Lynn and even Buzz & Mia seemed to be facing in this episode.

Reply #6 waterlilybarb's post

I've got my seatbelt fastened and am ready for the roller coaster!!!

Reply #6 waterlilybarb's post

It was CASH'S rock, it was written in blue ink. Remember, Todd had given Marin red and Cash blue!!!! Cash is the one who's sick!!!

Reply #12 themegababe's post

Well, I see Justine Bateman (Lynn) Is listed as a guest star under most of the sites out there and she isn't even on the ABC cast bio page. That tells me, she wont be around too much longer and may only come back on occasion, to stir up some trouble.

I like a good fairy tail myself, unfortunately I've learned that nothing in life turns out that way, but good luck to you and your future hubby. I hope yours is one, that breaks all the rules about fairy tales!!

Reply #17 bala's post

It might help you understand better, if you read the responding posts before posting.........that it was Cash's rock has already been established. Sorry if you got confused.

Reply #19 waterlilybarb's post

No Other Woman for Jack on 'Men In Trees,' Series Creator Dishes on Season 2
September 13, 2007

Real life couple Anne Heche and James Tupper Earlier in the summer, it was reported that The Practice actress Kelli Williams will appear on the new season of ABC's Men in Trees.  Reports have claimed that Williams' character will serve as a love interest for Jack Slattery (James Tupper), but series creator/writer Jenny Bicks has said otherwise.

“Contrary to press reports, the character of Julia, played by Kelli Williams… will NOT be a love interest for Jack.  She will play a happily married scientist who works with Jack,” Bicks wrote on the show's production blog.  â€œThey will bond, but this isn't a love thing, okay?  You will get some delicious Jack and Marin [Anne Heche] this season, I promise.”

Reply #23 themegababe's post

Hey girls, don't shoot the messenger, I was just copying/pasting from article before I headed to the Dr. yesterday. Geeze, I think it's a stinker too, you all know how much I love the drama department, I love to have things all stirred up too. Infact if it was possible, Id be the one stirring things up for Jack and Marin........
That jack is quite the Hottie.. !!

Reply #25 waterlilybarb's post

Yes you do!! I remember when I was in H.S. in Maine. We used to go to the beach in the summer to look at all the Canooks in their crank suits (mens bikini), `cause none of the Maniacs wore them.
Believe me when I say, you do have some hotites!! Whoo Whoo!!!   

Reply #27 waterlilybarb's & themegababe's post

Well. the crank suit isn't really my tasted either but, but you have to admit it's nice eye cnady.....lol!! I wouldn't be seen walking down the beach, with a guy wearing one though........lol

Well, don't most great convo's end up about hot men....

Episode 2

Looks like Lynn is on her way out of town, I wonder who will be shaking things up next? maybe it will be Cash or Marins ex, they may give us a little show of Marin & Jack play time, but that wont last.......and thats a good thing!!! I'm glad Lynn is gone though, I didn't like her character, it was just too blah, she had no pizazz at all.
I loved how Celia's eyes kept rolling up, that was soo funny to me, cause it was so obviously faked, I don't know something about her just cracks me up.

First and foremost I would like to say thanks to Barb for taking the lead on the MIT Board, when I went away unexpectedly and doing this weeks recap. Sorry you all didn't get episode 3 quiz, but more important things came up.

I thought this was a great episode, as all of you seemed to also.  
For me I thought Cash's getting sick was some kind of "red herring" type thing, suppose to maybe throw us off, but we are too smart for that. I thought of the HIV/AIDS end of it, but I'm hoping this show doesn't go in that direction, that's just me.
I thought it was hilarious when Jack was having his tattoo removed with a Dremel, that had to have been so painful, but it was so funny. All I could think was, what do men think??
I loved that Cash seemed to be Jack and Marin's intermediary too, and got them back talking. I like the show best when they are at least talking, they don't have to be together, they can even be fighting, as long as there is some type of chemistry.
My favorite part of the show was Terri and George, the whole "marriage" and Terri getting jealous, after saying he didn't want commitment. I just really like them two, they make a great addition to the show.
Mai's sister was a nice touch, I liked her and I too have no clue why anyone would have set her up with Jerome.

[ Last edited by  gypsiegirl66 at 11-2-2007 01:13 ]

Reply #49 waterlilybarb's post

Yeah, you're right she probably won't feel worthy for some time, but I think that Eric will help her get over that. It was totally his decision to crawl into her bed, he went there looking for one thing that night, that was clear.

As far as the wolves, I have 2 thoughts, either Cash saves her, or Jack saves her. Maybe they both show up and it's a showdown, as to who is the most capable of protecting Marin.

Whatever is going to happen, I'll be there nail biting........

Well, I loved this episode, I thought it was great!!
I thought it was a complete riot when Annies brother got up there to make that speech and Jane ended up propsing to Sam. Then Annie got all mad, because Janie Hijacked her wedding, even though it was already a complete bomb.

That bobby-pin, that Terry put in Patrick's  hair and the chain reaction it caused, was so sad and so funny, what great writing. Like all of you (I thought this right after the scene), I hope this amnesia isn't dragged out to long.

You could have knocked me over with a feather, when I saw Jerome's transformation. Wow, what a complete difference, from what he looked like before he cleaned up. Still to see him with Annie's mum was, more than a little weird.

It was good to see that Eric and Sarah, might actually have a chance to work it out, they seem so good together. I do wonder what is up with Ben though, they kind of hinted through Theresa (by the things she said), that something may be going on with him, that even she is in the dark to (so are we).

I like Jack and Marin, I like them together (on the show). I don't agree with cheating (real life), I think it's completely wrong. However, I don't think it's wrong for someone that has been in love with someone most of their life, who isn't sure if they are over that person, to give it another try. Jack had to go back to Lynn, for it to finally be over. If he didn't there would have always been these lingering unresolved feelings. What would have happened, if he hadn't gone back and she left town after a few days, then came back a couple of years from now. Like after Jack and Marins first child was born (hypothetically), and they were having financial or other problems. What if he decided then, that he had missed his chance to resolve his feelings and instead of facing things, he now has an easy fix. No, I think that what happened was a good thing, for everyone involved.

As far as Cash goes, he's cute, but I don't see him as a long term type guy. He's more of a guy you go out with, to get over someone with. Don't be looking to settle down with this one, a girl would be luck to get a week of commitment from Cash.. Anyone can have a pretty face, but to get one that has the depth and the caring that Jack has, that's rare. IMO.  

Reply 62#62 waterlilybarb's post

I just watched it too last night, that was so sad .  Annie was so desperate to get Patrick his memory back, but I had to crack up when she went and yelled at Celia for "imping her out", that was funny.

I guess we know what Ben was up to, I was so happy when I saw Theresa's name on the Zamboni, how cool. It was good to finally see them working things out, maybe they will make it after all.

Good to hear Jack will be returning sooner than planned, but I had an inkling he's be back much sooner than planned.

No show this week   Dec 7th is the next episode. Can't wait to see what's up next, for Elmo.

Reply 70#70 bala's post

Oh, I would so love it, if Jane moved to Elmo to be with Sam a.k.a Plow Guy. I find her character, so refreshing from the other characters. I love all of them, but Jane brings something, a bit more sophisticated. To see her up there, in her Casadei shoes and her Tahari suits, is just hilarious. Plus, I don't find her boring at all, she is classic NYC goes to Elmo. I hope they take this storyline much further, and really bring out the humor and difficulties a move like this would bring.

Reply 74#74 ms.smith's post

I'm with you ms. smith, let's start stirring that pot!! And I so want Janie to move to Elmo, I think they could take her character very far, as do I her and Sam's relationship. Elmo needs some new life, and the changes they are making, seems to be heading in the right direction, every show has to grow. I too love the new Patrick, I hope the old one comes back, keeping the new one in place!!
Of course, I myself want to see Marin and Jack end up together, in the end. Let's hope that is a long time from now, and that there is a lot more drama in between now and then!!

Nope, no show tonight Barb!

It's great to have some fresh and outside opinions of the show. I hope that those of you that posed an interest, will take the time and watch S1 & 2 and come over and have some fun.
This wasn't the best episode to get you hooked, there is so much unfinished business going on, too much catching up on.
Granny Penny, I too loved the whole Donna turning out to be jack mum, that made me belly laugh so badly!!

Well, I hope to see you here again!!
Thanks for participating!!

Reply 108#108 imarielle626's post

That will be nice, I always love to have a mini marathon. It's great to have two shows in a row. Plus, you'll be in Poland, what part? I've spent time in Krakow, it was such an incredible place. I think you'll enjoy, whatever part you go to, especially if you like history.

Personally, I'm still not sure if I like this Patrick yet. I find hime a bit rude, and not too caring of others feelings. It doesn't look like they are going to be bringing the old Patrick back, anytime soon, so I'll reserve my final judgment.

It was great to finally find out what was going on with Cash, but now we have to deal with it. I ask that you please not mention the name of his illness, until the quiz is over.

I wonder if Cash is going to be comforting Marin, during her time of need. Just what we need, to stir things up, here in Elmo!!  

Just wondering, if anyone else noticed that Marin, looked a bit like a wreck.   I'm wondering if that is deliberate, or if it has more to do with the actress herself Anne Heche. Just a personal observation.

25 12
Thread