48 123
Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #1 gypsiegirl66's post

I definitely noticed that, and think it will play a roll in this season, though I don't think it will be introduced right away.  Since the rock was hers and it was one that didn't get tossed over the mountain, my suspicion is that Marin will have some serious illness.  

Great episode though.  It answered the questions that we had, while adding new twists and complications.  I had to laugh out loud over Dick, Celia's boyfriend, coming out of the closet, and her opening of the closet doors to discover what he did in there.  A very real relationship milestone.   Annie's highly competitive nature was revealed, as was Patrick's deep love for her in spite of it.

I think it's going to be a great season...even better because it will be longer.  YAY!
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #3 bala's post

Sometimes it pays to live on this side of the Atlantic.

Reply #5 gypsiegirl66's post

It looked to me like the rock was in lying in the snow in Marin's yard.

The others should prove interesting.  On ABC's MIT page it has info about the show...updated for season 2.  Looks like we're in for a good ride.

Reply #7 gypsiegirl66's post

Alright then Bette...looks like we're in for a bumpy ride.

Reply #10 themegababe's post

I hadn't noticed the colour of the ink...or if I did I forgot.  Good catch.  As you say, should be interesting.

I really liked what Lynn said.  I don't think it's a good idea, especially for little girls, to be brought up thinking fairy tales are real.  I too think that Lynn might realize that Jack, though noble, is not really IN love with her anymore.  She'll most likely leave him, but maybe not Elmo.  I'll guess we'll have to stay tuned to find out.

And, yes, there's definitely going to be some drama between Ben & Theresa.  ABC's MIT page gives some info as to what Ben will be up to and hints that at least one marriage will end.  My bet is on theirs, but you never know.  He too is a noble guy.

Reply #13 gypsiegirl66's post

Word on the street () is that Jack might get a new love interest after going away for some course for is job.  So if Lynn leaves Elmo there will still be plenty of tension.

Re: Fairy tales, I admit, I enjoy a good one every now and then, more so as an adult than as a child.  It's nice to watch a movie that has the typical "happy ending" sometimes because it's fantasy and entertainment should sometimes just let us fantasize.  On the whole, I can't say I read a lot of fairy tales growing up, and life was anything but happily ever after.  The concept is nice, I just meant that I don't like little girls to think that all their problems will be fixed if a "handsome prince" comes into their life to sweep them off their feet.  As long as fantasy isn't confused with reality (which is another reason I don't read them to really young children...they don't know the difference yet), fairy tales can be fun.   

Sorry for the long ramble, but it's something I feel strongly about.

Reply #21 themegababe's post

I have to agree with you on the drama front.  We don't wan things to get boring now, do we?

Reply #24 gypsiegirl66's post

He is rather scrumptious, isn't he?   We sure do grow some good looking people up here in Canada.

A little eye candy.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 10-19-2007 00:25 ]

Reply #26 gypsiegirl66's post

Thankfully, the men I know...even the hot ones...have the sense to wear trunks to the beach.  It was most likely French Canadians you were eying.  They're a little more European in their tastes.  As for my guys, they don't want to give away any family secrets, if ya' know what I mean. (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)

Reply #31 gypsiegirl66's post

Yes, Celia's eyes were a riot!  It cracked me up too.

As for Lynn, I'm glad she's gone too, and I'm glad Jack was finally honest with her and with himself about his feelings for her.  I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up later in the season, after having the baby, for some help.  I don't think she'll ever be Jack's love interest again, but she is on her own, and Elmo was her home.  

I also found Cash & Marin's stew cook off to be rather amusing, along with her subsequent foray into the forest.  Can you imagine the headline...Author Killed By Wild Parsnip...too ridiculous.

Reply #34 bala's post

Possibly, but if she does I think it would only be for an episode or two.

Episode: No Man Is an Iceland

Great episode!  I loved the return of Buzz' son, George, and his efforts to aid Patrick in wedding planning.  Very entertaining.

What I'm curious about is Cash getting that cold.  That can NOT possibly be the sickness the rock referred to.  If it is, that was lame.  If it isn't, I wonder how it will present itself.  Also, I want the recipe for Marin's "wonder" soup.  Sounds tasty, and seems to be a cure for whatever bug they had.  I need me some of that soup!

It was nice to meet a member of Mai's family.  Could you imagine being set up with Jerome?  That was stinkin' funny!  The fact that she would have preferred to marry a gay man over him tells us even more about Jerome.  Again, very funny...had me laughing out loud.

Celia's worry about being the "older" woman was cute, but when Dick said, "Let me be the Ashton to your Demi", I just about choked I laughed so hard.  They are an amusing pair, to say the least.

I'm glad that Marin and Jack are talking again.  Hopefully they'll settle into a friendship for a while and figure out what they really want before getting back into a romantic relationship.  I like them as friends.

Jack's attempt at tattoo removal looked painful.  That's a lesson...never have a person's name inked into your body.  You never know what could happen.

There was so much more good stuff in this episode, but I'm too tired to go on about it all.  I'd love to hear what anyone else has to say about it though.

Reply #37 themegababe's post

I love that the show is reflecting a bit more reality in regards to the racial mix and interracial couples.  Many of my friends and some of my family are in interracial marriages or relationships.  It's never been an issue in my family.  

I think it's good to let people from places where the races don't mix so openly see that it's not a bad thing.  Sometimes there are differences resulting from cultural backgrounds, but there are differences in every relationship no matter what the race.

Gypsie, I also found George & Terri to be good additions.  Terri is such a strange duck, like a fish out of water, in the "macho" Alaskan image most people imagine.  It's a neat juxtaposition.  I also hope they make them, at the very least, recurring characters.  They sure are funny, and definitely quirky enough to fit into the show and Elmo.

Reply #41 bala's post

It wasn't a birthday party it was his bachelor party.

I'm too tired to chat about it now, but I'll be back.

Reply #44 penny3760's post

You're right, it was one of the best so far.  I, too, am looking forward to next week's episode.

The fiasco of the O'Bachelorton's impending nuptials, the straying padre, and the wolves...there's a lot going on in Elmo.

It looks like Cash is returning to Elmo...will this be the beginning of the "sickness" alluded to at the start of the season?
The Chieftain is now closed...what will the locals do?  And, last, but not least, we were left with Marin surrounded by a pack of wolves.  Next week's episode is going to be good!

Reply #46 penny3760's post

Sorry Penny, your guess is as good as mine.   All I know is that it's coming soon, so it shouldn't be too much longer.

Reply #48 themegababe's post

I'd like to see Sarah marry the pastor, but I don't know if she'll feel worthy any time soon.  The previews for next week make it look like she feels guilty, like she led him astray.  We know that's not the case, he made his own choice, but with the town acting like it did, it's no wonder she feels responsible.

Someone's going to be in the hospital.  The previews made it seem like it might be Marin, but my guess is the cat...I don't know why.   

Whatever happens, I'm sure looking forward to the new episode.

Reply #50 gypsiegirl66's post

Well I didn't see that coming!  Patrick struck by lightning?!  And now with amnesia?!  I would not have guessed that.

You were right regarding Cash saving Marin...I'm just glad someone showed up to scare off the wolves.  We also now know for sure that Cash is the one who is ill.  I'm curious as to what the illness is.  It must be serious for him to return...maybe he had cancer and has had a recurrence.

I felt SO bad for Annie.  She looked beautiful, but her big day was a complete wash.  First discovering her parents wanted a divorce, then that her father had cheated on her mother, then Jane stealing the attention with her impromptu proposal to Sam, aka Plow Guy, then her brother is drunk, and finally, after making it down the aisle before the rain falls, Patrick gets struck by lightning.  THAT'S a bad wedding story.

There were some comic moments, and as usual Celia and Dick provided much of the comic relief with their being handcuffed together for the whole day.  Jerome was a surprise!  And the way Annie's mother fell for him, I found amusing.  

Pastor Eric and Sarah seem to be working things out, but Ben and Theresa look to be headed for a bit of trouble.  

All in all, a good episode.  I just hope they don't carry the amnesia thing on too long.  That can get tiresome after a while.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 11-22-2007 00:44 ]

Reply #56 penny3760's post

From what I remember, Ben was some kind of computer whiz...a Bill Gates type.  He's a billionaire.  Anyone feel free to correct me if my memory is faulty.

Finally got to watch it

So I watched the new episode.  I feel SO sad or Annie.  Patrick isn't Patrick anymore.
Marin continues to be as neurotic as ever.
Annie's mom and Jerome continue to surprise me.  Mai and Buzz as relationship counsellors?   Very amusing.
And Jane went off and married Sam!  That was surprising.
From the teaser for the next episode, it looks like Jack will return sooner than planned.

48 123
Thread