29 12
Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

yeah.  it is awesome.  can't wait for the new season!

It starts at the end of October.  maybe the 19th or 26th.  It is Friday nights at 9 or 10.  And there are 5 episodes from season 1 that were cut, so i do not know if they will air those or edit them so they just start new

Thanks gypsy.    That is what I was going to point out.  Cash's only rock was sickness.  It will be interesting to see what happens there.  

The end part with Lynn made me think she may be gone soon.  "I'm not sure I want her to believe in fairy tales."  I think she may walk out on Jack.  I think there is still going to be a lot of drama between Ben and Theresa

They could not have Lynn leave Elmo, they need the tension to stay!  haha  Barb, About one marriage ending, who is actually married?  Ben and Theresa.  Buzz and Mai.  That's about it.  Lynn and Jack aren't technically married.  Is there anyone else married?

See, i think that fairy tales are all right.  But know that you need to wait and that there should be some reality.  For instance, I have met my Prince Charming and he is wonderful.  And his proposal was very romantical.  However, he has his flaws, as I have my own.  So I  guess,  I like fairy tales because I can forget about real life for awhile.  But I also believe that life can have fairy tale moments, and in the end all things will work out.  However, it is not so clean cut and easy.  Did that make any sense at all?

Well. I know it will not be perfect.  There will always be snafus in life.  But my prayers are that we are happy and love each other forever. Wow, I am sappy. But, it's true! haha

Yes.  The rock sickness does refer to Cash

lame!  haha  I mean, I am glad about Jack and Marin, but a little drama just spices things up!  haha

Thanks for the clarification about fairy tales barb!

you know, i should really use snazzy fonts more often.

Drama here we come!

haha I like how this has turned into a talk about canadians in banana hammocks.  haha

True story

Reply #36 waterlilybarb's post

about Cash's sickness.  I think you are right.  That cannot be the sickness.  UNLESS he has aids or is HIV positive, so is susceptible to colds because of a weakened immune system.  I cannot think of many shows that deal with Aids.  Most show cancer or leukemia.  

I was also really excited to meet Mai's cousin.  She was so cute.  And like i mini-Mai!  haha

I think you did a great job at a recap Barb.   but yeah, I like Marin and Jack as friends, but I feel like they are going to try and pull the just friends thing, then there will be sexual tension, then get apart, then closer. I think it is going to be rather cyclic.  haha

And It will be interesteing to see if George is a  main character.  When he arrived last season, I wanted to see him as one.  It was really cute how he was just so far off from what Partick wanted. The suggestions were just ridiculous!  haha

What do you think about the racial mix on the show?  Usually shows are all white with  one black person, or all Asian, or all Hispanic.  It seems like many shows are getting more diverse and getting better at intergrating casts.  I would say this show is predominately white, but there is a mixture with Asian and black as well.  Thoughts?

Reply #42 waterlilybarb's post

hah yeah the O'Bachelorton bachelor party!  haha  I thought it was a great episode as well.  and there will be an episode 4 review up for you guys later today!  So do not fret!

Such an interesting episode!  I liked how the cat came back at the end, that has to be a good sign right?  And what do you all think will happen with Marin and the wolves?  Personally, I think that Jack is going to find her and save her.  And then he will stay.  But Cash being back will bring up more tension and drama.

I bet the cheiftan will reopen.  They cannot keep it closed for long.  That or the Inn (once repaired) will start serving booze.  

And the wedding.  Poor little Annie.  But I feel like she will have a talk with her Mom (who realized she shouldn't have gotten married or should have said something and had an impact on her wedding), and realize that Patrick loves her and they should get married.

Is Pastor Eric and Sarah's wedding coming soon??

Penny, Zena is up!

This episode, was great!  Just got a quiz up, sorry it took so long.  I have been a little lethargic as of late.  

See ms smith, I have to disagree.  I just really like Jack and Marin.  He was trying to be noble and stand by Lynne.  That was great!  And I do not think they were ever actually married, just dating for a long time.  And she left town a few episodes ago.

And yeah, i think we are supposed to be rooting for him!  Cash was thrown in for spice.  I wonder if he will stick around Elmo and let Marin take care of him.  Will he become her savior?  Will she ever be able to stand on her own?  And Barb, I think it may be cancer, or aids.  But I wonder if he will just continue being mysterious and showing up every 2 or 3 weeks.

And yeah, the amnesia needs to leave soon.  But he remembered the forget me nots!  He seems a little slower, more laid back now, maybe it is just because he is in the hospital.  Well, hopefully he remembers everything soon!

Oh also, no one said anything about Jane!  I cannot believe she is married now!  haha  I feel like that is weirder than the Marin and Jack thing.  Jane and Sam had a two or three week fling thing.  Then she left.  Came back, they got married.  Anyone else find that really weird?

And I was shocked by what Annie said at the end of the episode.  How it is killing her and she thinks they should sleep in separate rooms. Does this mean she is breaking up with him or wants to give him space?

Funny quote : Marin: "I found a note in your shirt>."  Jack: "Yes, I'm wearing a shirt..."  haha

No I do remember that plow guy went to NYC.  But I think she was in Elmo for a week and then he was in NYC for a week.  So that's like 2 weeks.  I said maybe 3.  haha It still just seems very fast to me.

And yeah Barb, I do get what Annie feels like.  I was just more shocked by what she said.  Actually, i didn't think Patrick was living with he, I figured he was back with his Mom.   It is a little wierd that they were in the same room.  And he did treat her like a one night stand.  That is so awkward and so un-Patrick-like!

Glad to see that you all found interesting things to say, even if it wasn't your type of show (it's not for everyone, i understand).  But I hope you can all continue to watch it and join us in the future.

and Gypsy, I am so excited to see more of Janie as well. I have a feeling she will move to Elmo, as she married Sam.  And I just cannot see him moving to NYC.  

And yeah.  Jack's mom.  That was hilarious. But I kinda felt bad for poor Marin.  How embarrassing was that for her?  I'm excited to see what happens next week!

yes i am sure there will be a new quiz.  but it looks like there is no new episode tonight (they are pushing it back as far as they can).  So I think we will have the quiz up by Monday.  Since we have a bunch of time to fill and do not need to get it out too fast!

Glad you found us and like us!  Welcome to the Men in Trees forum, Arielle!

ah yes that is frustrating! haha  nice work on the new GG quiz, by the way, I am hoping to have some time to take it soon!

29 12
Thread