Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 7#7 irishbuddy's post

You might have a bit more success in the MiT Season 2 Discussion thread.  We've been talking about the new season since it began.  Come join the fun, we love to hear what others think.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply 65#65 irishbuddy's post

Thanks for the correction.  I knew he made his fortune doing something kinda odd.

Reply 68#68 bala's post

I must disagree with you, though you're welcome to your opinion.  I find Jane to be a good character and reminds us that Marin is a city girl at heart...even though she's come to love her new home.  Jane continues to add the fish out of water element to the show as Marin is settling more into small town life.  Plus, I love her and Sam, aka Plow Guy, together.  They're quite the unlikely match.

And Meg, I understand where Annie is coming from.  She feels like she's living with a stranger.  It's killing her that he doesn't remember her or that he ever loved her.  He treated her like a one night stand.  I'm not sure if she's breaking up with Patrick, but they definitely need to get to know each other all over again before they can move ahead.

Bummer!

No new episode tonight!  I forgot until I went to watch it.  Arggh!

I just got to watch the new episode this afternoon...I fell asleep last night.

What is with all the men coming on to Marin?  I know it's Alaska, and the male to female ratio is high, but it is a small town and everyone knows she's with Jack.  That just seemed odd.  
As for Jack and the chick from the boat...I can't remember her name...what a terrible situation!  To have to cut that guy free to save themselves...a little too heavy for a mainly comedic show.
Patrick was hilarious...hitting on Marin.   He is SO different, as his quiz results showed.  Maybe he and Annie will fall in love again, but I don't think it will be soon.  I don't mind if they keep some of the new aspects of his character (though I LOVE old Patrick), I just wish they'd finish this stupid amnesia storyline.  Enough already!

That's all I've got for now.  Can't wait to hear what the rest of you thought.

Reply 101#101 shinny's post

It returns with new episodes on February 27th, and they have quite a few new episodes in the can.  I can't wait either.

Reply 106#106 bala's post

I think the terrible news will have to do with Jack's boat having been lost at sea.  The townies weren't aware of it when we last them.

Reply 113#113 bala's post

Thanks for the reminder.  I forgot it was today, though I would have checked the TV Guide later.  Now I have something to look forward to watching this evening.  YAY!

Reply 116#116 themegababe's post

Sounds about right.  BTW, the ice-smoother is called a Zamboni.

Reply 118#118 bala's post

It's the middle of the night in China now, so I doubt LBJ is online.  I'm sure it will be updated as soon as there is a reliable source...you know that.  If it goes a few days and it's still not up, I'll definitely send a reminder PM.  It airs on the Canadian station l on Friday, and I've noticed they often use Canadian sources.

Reply 120#120 bala's post

Just remember - patience is a virtue.   It is a good episode though.  I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.

Reply 126#126 shinny's post

I immediately thought that Jane might be preggers when she didn't drink the wine.  I'll be interested to see if we're right.

I really enjoyed this episode, and had no trouble picking up from where it left off.

Reply 124 gypsiegirl66's post

I'm not so sure about the new Patrick either.  I don't mind some of his new traits...like his wanting to try new things, but I like the nice guy who was polite and loved his mother and his fiancee.  I hope they are able to incorporate some of the old wit some of the new, to make him a great character again.  This amnesia thing has to end soon, one way or another, because it's tiring out quickly.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Cash and Marin.  I think they are definitely going to remain friends, but with him being ill and her waiting to see what happens with Jack, it makes for a good scenario to add more depth to their friendship.

As for Marin, she didn't look bad to me, just more like she's fitting in to small town life, and not as concerned about looking like a New Yorker.

Reply 133#133 gypsiegirl66's post

HAHAHA!  I didn't find her looking particularly tired or stressed.  That sweater she's knitting seems to be her outlet for her sexual frustration.   Don't know how well that's working for her though, since she's feeling the need to be a budinsky.  I know it's out of friendship, but she mightn't have made Cash's problem so public if Jack were around.  Just a thought.

Reply 138#138 nye87's post

Buzz REALLY is Patrick's dad.  Cash is a guy who was a squatter on Marin's property when she bought her house and they have become friends, but have never dated.  I think he calls her princess because she's such a city girl that basic country stuff seems icky to her.  You'll definitely have to catch up, as it will all make much more sense to you.

Reply 142#142 bala's post

Possibly.  That's when it was up last week, right?

It was an amazing episode, but I'll wait to comment until it's up on the site.  Don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Reply 144#144 bala's post

I don't remember any secret of Jack's.  Someone else has a secret though.

Reply 146#146 bala's post

Themegababe, aka Meg, got married today so I think she has more important things on her mind.  However, Gypsy already posted a quiz for this episode.

I agree, Cash was right not to tell Marin right then about his news, though she would have wanted to know no matter that Jack was home.  She'll find out soon enough, because he'll get sick pretty quick without treatment.

I was glad that Patrick had a flicker of memory too.  And I loved that it was the forget-me-nots that triggered it, since they were his & Annie's favourite flower.  It will be interesting to see if they return his entire memory, or just parts of it.  I hope his whole memory returns, but that he retains some of the new traits he has gained, like his desire to try new things.

I loved Jerome's storyline, and how he said the decisions he had made led him to Annie's mother.  He's quite the fascinating fellow.  I also got a kick out of Sara & Pastor Eric's dilemma.

And I wonder if Ben & Theresa will expand their family?  For them it might be nice...I just don't want the show overtaken by little kids.  It always changes the dynamics of the adult relationships and I rather like the dynamics of this show.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Reply 156#156 nye87's post

Hey there Jannah!  Sorry to hear you're sick.    It's definitely no fun.  I'm looking forward to your observations on the show, and am glad you went back to the beginning.  I'm sure you'll enjoy it even more once you really get to know the characters.

Get well soon girlie, and we'll talk to you when you're feeling better.

Jack and Marin are annoying me with all their drama...I don't know why they're bugging me more than usual this week.  I don't mind a bit of bickering, but I don't care for the silent type who walks out when things aren't going well.  Cash is great and I love that he's a good enough friend to try and make the transition easier, despite his statement that it wouldn't last. lol

Patrick calls Mai, Mom-Mai, since he learned Buzz was his dad.  I think this was the 1st we've heard it since the amnesia though.  I loved his "Danny Deckchair" moment.  I too hope Celia is OK.  Maybe it will jog Patrick's memory somehow.

Sam & Jane just get sweeter every week, and Sam is the kind of guy you'd definitely want a round.  He's a hard worker who isn't ashamed of an honest job, and has been willing to go out of his way to make his wife happy.  Could it get better?

Ben & Theresa's decision to try to get a pregnant will probably be quite humorous.  Her run-in with Mai at the gas station made me laugh out loud.  And Theresa's arrival in the locker room (or was it Ben's office?) was priceless as well.

Reply 163#163 gypsiegirl66's post

The teaser for next week didn't show anything about Celia...which I found strange.  I actually thought that she was going to try and shoot some of the balloons to get Patrick down ...but she wound up crashing instead.

Re: the teaser for next week, it was all about Marin going to Sam & Jane's do in NYC and Stewart is going to be there.  It also looks like she and Jack have another fight...shocking.

As for Jack's silence being caused by the PTSD, that might have a bit to do with it, but if I remember correctly, he was kind of like that with Lynn too.  I think he's just not good with confrontation, and having been through such a terrible ordeal isn't likely to have improved his communication skills.

Thread