48 123
Thread
Printable Version

Men In Trees Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply 165#165 bala's post

I agree about Jerome...I felt so bad for him.   As for Jane's parents...how do you marry someone and NOT tell them your parents are little people?  They were great, but some advance knowledge would have prevented any awkwardness, plus it's a huge part of what made her the kind of person she is.

As for Jack calling Julia, I wouldn't read too much into it.  I think it's often necessary for people who experience trauma to talk to others that were there with them.  They are the only ones who can REALLY understand what they're going through and feeling.  I'm also glad Jack finally told Marin about why he hasn't been able to sleep.

I'm going to have to rewatch this episode though, because I missed parts, thinking I was recording it.  Unfortunately, I forgot to turm the VCR off after I programmed it , so I'll watch it again when I have the time.   
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Wander/Lust - 2x15

Well the episode just ended, and I don't like how it ended.   I can't tell if they're leading up to ending the series or just moving the story along.  I hate not knowing.

Marin finally met Julia, and most of her fears were allayed.  Sam & Jane are still the best couple on the show.  I love how they interact and try hard to be considerate of the others feelings.

That's all I'll say for now, since many of you won't get to watch it until it's uploaded onto the site.

Can't believe I forgot to come back after the show was uploaded on the site.

I think Patrick's going away was a good thing for his character.  Having him in NYC gives more of an excuse to have Sam & Jane included in the storyline.  I agree with peasonice that Patrick will probably return to Elmo and fall back in love with Annie - at least I hope so.  I also REALLY hope Jane doesn't try to pimp Patrick out just to get that woman's business.  That wouldn't be nice, especially after how much he's helped at her office.

Mai never fails to make me laugh.  She & Celia are the consummate odd couple!   It's nice to see a different side of Celia though, as she starts to become actual friends with Mai.  That scene at the end with Mai doing her hair was hilarious.   

As for Cash - I agree with Bala - it was pretty smooth of him to pretend he didn't remember kissing Marin because of being on the pain meds.   I liked how he fessed up at the end though, and left before causing any damage.

As for Jack buying that statue, I wouldn't have pegged it as a sculpture of Julia either.   It was a beautiful piece, and considering the time that goes into something like that, the price didn't shock me.  Too bad it was SO pricey though, as Jack was only trying to be nice, and not actually wanting to invest in a piece of art...especially once he found out what it was. ;P

Reply 200#200 bala's post

That's what I meant about "pimping" him out.  Of course she'd make it seem like a favour, but she would really know what it was - if it happens at all.

Yes, there will be 22 episodes this season, if the network airs them all.  They had some leftover from last season, so they started the season with those.  Unfortunately, this is a show that isn't owned by the network, and so they keep pre-empting it or moving it for shows they do own.  Usually for shows that are nowhere near as good.   I imagine if ABC doesn't stick with the series, someone else may pick it up, but all the stops & starts cause fans to get frustrated and some just give up after a while.  I guess we'll have to wait and see to find out for sure.

Reply 204#204 bala's post

I didn't realize there are only a couple more episodes.  Bummer.  I was hoping for a few more before it ended.

As for last night's episode, I liked it.  I'm glad Patrick finally got his memory back, but the timing sucked.  I'm sure he and Annie will be back together by the end of the series.  I loved Celia with the dog - too cute.

As for Julia, I don't think she was trying to cause problems.  She felt bad (like Jack did), since the puppies belonged to the guy who died on their boat, and her heart was in the right place...even if her actions were not practical at all.

Reply 208#208 bala's post

I'm curious as to how they'll tie it all up too.  It's too bad the season was cut short, because even if they still cancelled it, there would have been more time to tie up all the loose ends.  Maybe Marin wll wind up back in New York.  Wouldn't THAT be a kicker.

Reply 211#211 bala's post

I know what you mean.  It feels a bit like we were ripped off.  It was a good episode and not a bad ending for the show, but it would have been nice to have real closure.  I don't mean that every single storyline had to be tied up, but it felt rushed.  Real life doesn't always provide a pat ending to every situation, but I felt sorry for Patrick.  The ending didn't do his character justice, and before they threw in the stupid amnesia plot, he was my favourite.  Even if he wasn't going to get Annie back, he should have had a better ending than that,

My Bad

I forgot about the writer's strike, though I could have sworn there were supposed to be 22 episodes this season, even with the strike.  Too bad there weren't.  Nineteen wasn't quite enough to finish the story properly.

48 123
Thread