Thread
Printable Version

Supergirl (CBS) General Discussion (Spoilers)

Reply 20#20 arksongbird80's post

I don't think we will find out any time soon since he been hiding that secret for number of years.

Human For a day

Well Bala we DID find out fairly quickly and it was GREAT.   What an awesome way to bring in a new character that we never see but played a pivotal role in the DC world.
I'm not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today.

Yes that was a nice surprise the question will she tell her sister ?

1x14 Truth, Justice and the American Way

Supergirl trying me judge and jury after losing her aunt was predictable but having Jimmy remind her about giving Max a chance was interesting but will he tell Lucy ?

Quote:
Originally posted by bala at 11-3-2015 12:50  
Seriously using two grown man as your cheerleader team make me sick

Those male characters  ...
What so different than what The Flash or Arrow are doing? Everyone is telling her that she's not good enough - she needed people around her who saw her as otherwise.

Quote:
Originally posted by Milks26 at 5-19-2016 05:46  

What so different than what The Flash or Arrow are doing? Everyone is telling her that she's not good enough - she needed people around her who saw her as otherwise.
You really don't want to start this with me because you know what i am like but here goes.

The world we live in has changed in the past 10 years because of this stupid notion of feminism which has been so twisted in such way that it makes men look like wimps. That was my point in that comment which was when did become acceptable for men to act like girls ?. I would expand on this point but i have learnt to hold my tongue.   

EDITED CONTENTED

It been a while since I have had a chance to rant like this and i have forgotten how much i miss it.

Back to my response I understand these male characters are suppose to me supporting character but you must give them more to do than just act like teenage girls watching a boy band. That is closest comparison

Please note this comment has been seriously edited BY ME to avoid offending people since original comment would definitely get me banned.

Reply 26#26 bala's post

I understand your point. But, I'll go back to mine - what have we always gotten on tv and still get today? Women propping up men. Forget feminism for a second and let the blonde naïve girl have her moment.

I watched a few episodes out of curiosity. Never should've been on CBS, and the show is only going to get worse with its move to CW.

Reply 27#27 Milks26's post

Quote:
Women propping up men
You have a problem with that ? .

Women have always prop up men you know saying behind any good man is a good women

You can't have gender equality when they is that expectation ?

My point neither genders need propping up  

This is television your dream will never happen.

Writers will always write the latter. Even if its in smaller doses.  Sleepy Hollow on and off the set is a perfect example.

Reply 29#29 Milks26's post

What about Ophan black ?

Reply 30#30 bala's post

What about it?

Quote:
Originally posted by Milks26 at 5-24-2016 23:24  
What about it?
That show has gender equality

4 Episode cross-over

I know i haven't comment on season 2 of super-girl i just too busy but i wanted comment on 4 part cross-over event which technically starts on the Flash but end of last episode introduces us to the crossover event.

Reply 34#34 bala's post

I'm sorry but it wasn't a 4 episode cross over.  It was a 3 episode cross over with special guest star for exactly 10 seconds on Supergirl.  Grrr....

Reply 35#35 arksongbird80's post

i know ( if you my read comment i said it technically started on flash) she was very underused in 3 part cross-over

[ Last edited by bala at 12-10-2016 08:52 ]

Reply 36#36 bala's post

Uggg  It really "chaps my hide" that supergirl wasn't bigger.....It could have been Epic!

Reply 37#37 arksongbird80's post

Given she was the newest i wasn't surprised .

The other 3 shows all characters knew each other they had history with each other but  Barry was the only one who had history with Super-girl. .

Reply 38#38 bala's post

And they could have capitalized on that.  Barry could have helped her and in turn, she could help him.  I'm just sayin'.

1x01 Pilot

Kara took a hell of a risk saving that plane without a costume and Alex's telling Kara not to use her powers made sense after she explained they were hunting aliens

Thread