Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #80 gabsimom's post

I know!  Who would have guessed that our little do-gooder friend would be the catalyst for the impending plague?
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #81 waterlilybarb's post

But doesn't all of these explain the behavior of future Hiro? He loses his childhood hero. He is or will feel responsible for the deaths from his father to the unknown numbers possibly dying fromt eh plague.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply #82 silver1978's post

Ah, but the Hiro from that future is not the one we are dealing with.  The bomb never went off and killed the people in New York.  So the future Peter saw is a different timeline.  I'm sure once the plague starts to spread and he finds out who Adam is, Hiro will feel responsible and it could change him into someone very like the future Hiro we have already met.  It's gonna be good!

Boy...I LOVE sci-fi!

Quote:
Boy...I LOVE sci-fi!
Who doesn't?
It's the plague.. help me.. can't control.. posting comics..

Ok so Kensei is Adam Monroe... then who are those guys in the picture?

Now that we know Kensei is still alive, I believe he's the one who killed Kaito.

Can't wait for the next episode...

Reply #79 bala's post

oops i guess i was a little distracted in the end and missed his face

Reply #85 roca's post

He's definitely Kaito's killer.  From Beeman's Blog, he's a director/producer on the show, he indicates there are two incarnations of Adam.  How this will be played out has yet to be revealed.  My theory is that the real Adam aka Kensei, has hired someone with abilities to pose as him since the man in the photo has obviously aged.  I'll have to wait and see if this theory pans out.
I also knew, but loved how it was brought out, that Hiro was the Kensei from the stories.  The end scene with him and Yaeko was beautifully shot.  He "ripped out his heart" for the greater good.  He's such an honourable character.  Poor Hiro, whenever he falls in love it doesn't work out.  First Charlie, now Yaeko.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 11-7-2007 10:35 ]

Kensei was blown apart. my guess is he regenerated into 2 diffrent people. 1 good and 1 bad.

Reply #88 gabsimom's post

Interesting theory, but remember Claire regenerated after being completely radiated by Ted.  I think their powers of regeneration are substantial.  I'm also just wondering now if Claire is related to Kensei.  Matt has the same ability as his father.  This is the first time we've seen this.  Maybe one of the Petrelli boys, Petrelli parents (unknowingly), or Meredith (Claire's mother) is a descendant of Kensei.  This chapter is called Generations.  There has to be more to it.

Reply #89 waterlilybarb's post

Well that explains the gorgeous blond hair. but Claires father can fly and so does the boyfriend Ewww he is a politician and could possibly be West's father too.  They wouldn't do that to us right?

Reply #90 gabsimom's post

No, they wouldn't.  That would be too creepy.  Not all the children have the same powers as the parents, just look at Micah.  It's evident the Petrelli family has some strong powers and Adam had obviously been in touch with Peter during the 4 missing months.  It seems to me, there MUST be some connection.

Reply #87 waterlilybarb's post

I was actually thinking maybe Kensei was in the picture but he was hiding behind the group... remember Papa Petrelli seems to be looking at something behind Kaito...

Two Adam Monroe? Maybe they just share the same name. It could be a common name like John Doe LOL. Maybe it's his decedent? He has to have some decedents right? Unless he's still hung up on Yaeko...

As for how Peter met Adam... didn't Bob say Adam was locked up? From what I've seen from the previews, it looks like Peter was locked up too along with Adam. I guess Peter used one of his powers broke them out of "jail"...

that episode was AWESOME!!! It really pains me that there the writers are on strike!!! theres gonn be a loooong hiatus after episode 10! luxkily, part of the mystery will be solved by then!!!

Reply #93 xxjujuxx's post

So glad you've become such an avid fan Juju.   You're right, this week's episode was GREAT.  I'm glad the producers have prepared for the possibility of the strike not being resolved, and re-shot the final episode of the chapter "Generations".  The current storyline will be tied up.  Hopefully the strike will be settled by then and, they won't have to use it.

I just want West to die.

Oh, and please hurry with the twins' story arc already. Since episode 1, their storyline hasn't changed:
* they are heading to NY
* Someone chases them and angers/scares the girl
* The girl cries black gooey tears and kills everyone
* The twins feel bad
* The twins continue on to the USA

REPEAT, REPEAT, REPEAT...

Reply #95 SirAlain's post

I'm not hoping for West to die, but I'd like it if his character was a little more...something...I'm not sure what, it just needs more.  As for the twins, I totally agree.  I'm assuming they must have something to do with the plague.  Maybe Alejandro will be part of the key to curing it, but if not they need to go.  Maybe Sylar will eat their brains and have the power to infect and heal...that's if he ever gets his ability back.

Reply #96 waterlilybarb's post

Do you think that because Maury & Matt Parkman had similar powers, then maybe Claire is also related to Kensei/Adam Monroe? And West is Nathan's son?!!! Eeeek! Incest galore.

I miss Monica, we need more of her. Too bad she won't be a regular.

Reply #97 SirAlain's post

I definitely do NOT think that West is Nathan's son.  See my post #91 regarding that.

I like Monica too.  They're certainly not using her to the full.  I'm hoping that will be rectified soon.  Even if she's not a regular, there's a whole lot more that can be explored about her character.  If the writer's strike continues there won't be time for things like that if they haven't already been addressed in the episodes they have "in the can".

How about the reappearance of DL in this week's episode?  That was a nice little treat.  I'm surprised no one has mentioned it.  He wasn't one of my favourite characters and I'm not sorry he's dead, but I like it when the storyline allows old characters to come back for a short time.

my jaw dropped when kensei walked in as monroe wow!!! that was amazing maybe i am stupid but i never saw that coming.  i am really looking forward to see how this plays out especially with hiro.  killing sylar in season 1 was a possibility because despite all his powers sylar was still mortal but what about monroe. i do wonder, however, if the focus of the rest of the season is going to be the shaanti virus.  
its ironic the name shaanti which means peace/prosperity in hindi (i know because i am indian).

Reply #99 akulkarni's post

Interesting tidbit about the name Shanti.  I didn't know that, and it is ironic.

This is turning into a great season.  Let's keep our fingers crossed it doesn't end with episode 11.  I really would like to know what happens next.  The "Generations" chapter only has 4 more episodes.  I wonder how they'll tie it all together?

Thread