Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #98 waterlilybarb's post

You're absolutely right! And maybe making West & Nathan related would be too soap-opera-ish. lol.

DL shouldn't have died! I wonder if they are going to introduce more characters for the rest of Season 2?

Do you know whatever happened to Wireless? I forgot if she died or what...

Reply #101 SirAlain's post

Wireless did technically die, but she's alive in cyberspace.  

If the writer's strike continues there will only be 4 new episodes for season 2.  We should enjoy them while we can.  Hopefully the strike will get resolved and it will just be a hiatus until they have time to film more episodes.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #101 SirAlain's post

Hana is still "alive"

In case you are interested, she just appeared in the novel The Last Shangri-La.

Reply #103 roca's post

Thanks for the link.  Definitely the best interactive novel yet.  They've changed the layout of the Heroes homepage again.  I thought the interactive novels were just an interactive version of the GNs, but I can't find The Last Shangri-La among the GNs yet.  I saw the link for it on the homepage after I watched the novel, but is there are difference?

signed, Confused in Canada

Reply #104 waterlilybarb's post

This isn't the GNs we've been reading. To be frank, I'm not sure what the difference really. I only know these are under a different section, Evolutions. I don't think these novels come out regularly like the GNs.

Reply #103 roca's post

Well Ro Ca, thanks for the link.  I just watched the animation and found it interesting.  I might even start from the beginning.
trulee - Red is better than Blue, We're the CHAMPIONS so it's TRUE!!

Reply #105 roca's post

Thank you.  I noticed all of them are the same as the GNs, thus my confusion.

Reply #99 akulkarni's post

Well l've finally gotten round to watching Heroes again and after what seemed to be a  higgledy piggeldy start, it seems it might be getting back on track.

I purposely read all the previous posts in this thread before I've posted to see if my thoughts matched any others.  I was completely surprised to find that Hiros hero Kensei was an Englishman and that he had the power he had.  I thought perhaps he'd had the power of speed to help him avoid his attackers in feudal Japan but I think the power of selfhealing tops that.

I also thought it was good to see that the powers can evolve from what they originally manifest themselves as alla Parkman, from mindreading to mind manipulation. Its a little like the power Eden had to make you do what she suggested.

My biggest disappointment was where they restarted the new season.  Four months on with nary a mention as to what happened in Kirby Plaza other than Candace/Michelle rescuing Sylar.  If she worked for the company, why did Bob (Goldfinger) say he was dead?  Nathans reflected face must be as a result of what happened, why didnt he know what happend to Peter and has he gained a new power for illusion.

I've been left feeling quite confused, its almost been like watching Lost!

As for Adam Monroe, how he came to take up with Peter is anyones guess especialy as he's 200 plus years old.  Talking of Peter, I certainly like to know how he ended up chained up in a container in Cork of all places.  As for Mohinder, when will that guy stop being soooo niaive?

The writing this season has seemed rather disjointed, I saw in a post in another thread that they've made some kind of apology.  Seems the right thing to do.

I know what I've posted wont sit right with most of you but hey - thats what i think so far.  I am looking forward to the next episode though.

Reply #108 trulee's post

You'll be pleased to know that the new episode is "Four Months Ago" and will clear up many of the questions we all have about what happened during those missing 4 months.  I know I'm looking forward to getting some answers.

We like to hear what all the fans think, whether or not we agree with their conclusions.  Thanks for joining in the discussion.

Excited!

"Four Months Ago" begins in a minute.  I'm excited to see what happened.  Catch you all later for a confab on the episode.

OMG What a revealing episode. Nathan is not crazy. Peter got his memory back. Adam is most likely the cure and he is most likely everyone's ancestor. Maya may turn on her brother, his stupid wife caused the 1st outbreak then he called the cops on her.

Reply #111 gabsimom's post

It was a revealing episode.  Query?  Why do you think Adam is everyone's ancestor...because he's so old?

Reply #112 waterlilybarb's post

A 400 year old womanizing drunk has plenty of opportunity to be patient zero. It just makes sense.

Reply #113 gabsimom's post

Guess we'll find out soon enough...only 3 episodes left in this chapter.

I really enjoyed this episode.  It revealed a lot about what happened between the explosion and now.  

I don't understand why Maya is so trusting of Sylar.  I mean from her past she has absolutely no reason to trust a stranger.  I know it is because he understands about the "evil" inside of her, but it still bothers me.  i know this sounds a bit harsh, but I really just want Sylar to kill them already.  Their story is boring me.

It would be funny if Adam really was everyone's ancestor, but I don't see that as being realistic in terms of the episode.  I'm glad that his blood heals, as well as his body.  It's good to know they have some way of stopping the plague.  And who knows, maybe adam will even use his power to heal normal people as well.

I'm glad Peter got his memory back.  I think he and Adam will make a great team.  I am interested in how they are going to go about saving the world.

What happened to Cailtin???  Will she ever return???

Reply #115 imarielle626's post

Caitlin is stuck in the future.  I imagine if/when they stop the plague she'll return.  I wonder if she'll still know who Peter is though.  If they change that future, will she be there or will she be back in Ireland?  I'm curious about that.  I liked the fact that Peter had a girlfriend.

As for the twins, I'm with you.  They've not been integrated enough into the show to make us care about them.  Too bad, really, because they're good actors.  I just don't care about their characters and will be glad when they're gone.  I REALLY don't want Sylar to gain their abilities though.  THAT would be bad.

Wow great episode- so many questions answered.

Even though DL wasn't my favorite character, it was a sad scene.

Yea the twins are kind of lame, I find Maya annoying and her brother is wayyyy too forgiving.

I am also wondering how many of the heroes is of Kensei ancestry. The powers are basically from a genetic mutation right (the evolutionary process)t? From what I understand about genetics. most mutations are passed on through offspring. This wouldn't be such a stretch of the imagination as Mohinders list shows 36 people. In 400 years a person can have more than 36 descendants. It is stretching it a bit, but there is always the possibility that Kensei was specifically mated with women who had certain genes.
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Reply #117 silver1978's post

I enjoyed this episode, as has been said, it answered a lot of the questions I had had from the previous season.  

I must say till reading the posts here, I hadnt given a second thought to the possibilty of Kensei being the ancestor of any of the Heroes.  It may turn out to be so but I think its equally as plausible for him not to be.  Remember we know that there are quite a few others out there with no obvious genetic link to each other like Claires birth mother.  It could just be its all about mutations rather than evolution.

Regarding the twins, I think its extraordinary that Maya is so trusting of Sylar and why doesnt Alejandro speak English or was that something the nuns taught Maya.  Also I know Maya told Alejandro she did it but why did the authorities believe him, after all he didnt die either.

One last thing - Bob, he just pops up everywhere doesnt he.  I dont trust or like him, also what will happen when Adam finally comes ionto contact with Hiro again, you know thats gonna be some reunion.

Heroes is really special to me. I used to watch only anime, but after I watched the first Heroes episode I became a TV show junk

After the long wait season 2 wasn't as good as I expected, but now after the last few episodes  I think it’s as good as season 1.

What I like:
Abilities can expend
Kensei is Adam
Peter has his Memory back
Hiro is back in the from the past
What I don’t like:
Hiro’s dad was killed (I wanted to see more of his power)
West (he’s a bit creepy)

There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered.
Is Adam 400 years old? That would mean that Claire and Peter can never die as well and also would he still be angry at Hiro?
Who killed Hiro’s dad? Was it Peter?
Who stole Claire’s car
The biggest question for me right now is who is bad and who is good.
Bwhaah can’t wait for the next episode!!

Reply #114 waterlilybarb's post

3 episodes?

isn't usually 22 episodes per season?

Thread