60 123
Thread
Printable Version

Heroes Season 2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reply #1 bala's post

No worries bala, you put a spoiler alert up...that's my main concern when folks start new threads about episodes.

I found the fact that Claire's regenerative ability goes as far as regrowing a limb very interesting.  I also thought her reasoning was good...that she might hold the key to help others.

Peter obviously no longer has to concentrate for his abilities to manifest, and he can phase now...cool.

The twins are a bit creepy...well their abilities are anyway.  This season is obviously going to explore the dark side of having abilities, and that not all of them have a positive effect.

Hiro is still Hiro.  I honestly thought when Takeo was shot with the arrows that he was dead, and Hiro would take over as Takeo.  I was glad I was wrong.  I'm sure this will play even more into the volume's title: "Generations".

That's all I have for now.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #5 silver1978's post

Re: Peter...phasing came from DL.  They were both in Kirby Plaza in the season finale.  Peter would have absorbed his ability there.

Re: Claire...my Mum wants to know where she found such sharp scissors.   Never mind the fact that it would hurt (she's mangled herself so often, she's most likely used to it), how did she have the strength to cut off her toe with a pair of kitchen scissors?

I refuse to read the spoiler, so I won't comment on that.  I do enjoy finding out and figuring things out myself, as I watch the show.

p.s. Dan, if Peter is actually Sylar, then D.L. is most definitely dead.  We know he's most likely not returning, but he could have died from the gun shot wounds.  Another thing for which we'll have to wait to know for sure.

Reply #17 roca's post

Nathan flies very fast...there's a sonic boom when he really goes, so it's possible West can fly that fast too.  I really don't think he's the killer, since he seems pretty naive about the dangers have possessing abilities, among other things.

Reply #19 gypsiegirl66's post

Since the tattoo is the same symbol  that has shown up throughout the series, I think it has more to do with showing us that he now, not only has Niki's super strength, but her dual personality as well.  The fact that he really wanted to kill that guy shows us something has changed about Peter, who is innately a kind person who has done his best to use his power to help or protect others.

I definitely agree....the show is getting even more interesting, and is definitely cool.

Reply #22 silver1978's post

I'm not so sure she doesn't have some sort of power.  Even the latest GN seems to hint at it, though I might be reading more into it than there is.  At least Peter has a girlfriend now.

Reply #24 xxjujuxx's post

Did you notice in Isaac's painting that his killer looked an awful lot like Claire?

Reply #27 imarielle626's post

Muahahaha.  I love to hear that hamster wheel spinning.

It will be interesting to see how that particular prophetic painting is brought to fruition.  I wouldn't be surprised if our little Claire-Bear got wise to her Daddy's evil ways and did him in.  Can't wait to find out.

Reply #33 gypsiegirl66's post

What about Nathan's reflection?  There is no way that is just his imagination.  I'm looking forward to seeing what's really going on with him.  I knew he wasn't doing well, but I didn't realize he wasn't allowed to see his kids either.  Obviously his drinking is a MUCH bigger problem than has been alluded to before.

I'm also curious about who that woman was in the photograph of the original 12.  No doubt she's connected to one of our heroes...could it be Niki?

Reply #35 SirAlain's post

Now, now...don't be a smart Aleck!   

I'm also curious about what's going to happen with Sylar and the twins.  When she said, "Gabriel...like the angel", I just about choked.  He's the furthest thing from an angel you could find.  I did find his reasoning interesting though.  That he's been hunted and vilified for doing what comes naturally to him.  I'm not saying I agree, but that's an interesting point of view, nonetheless.

Reply #38 xxjujuxx's post

I think the man in the mirror is a disfigured Nathan.  Maybe he absorbed some of Peter's power during the explosion.  Peter obviously has absorbed Niki's super strength, and it now looks like he has also absorbed the dual personality.  Maybe, since he absorbed this power shortly before the explosion, he & Nathan somehow fused and this power is in part, in both of them.

I think Molly's doing well.  I don't find her to be a bad actress.  But, I agree, HRG is getting on my nerves.  I guess it's preferable than him being Mr. Nice, but he's returning to his creepy self again.  He's a better character as a baddie, but I feel bad for Claire.

I was just rewatching last nights episode and freeze framed the photograph.  There are at least 3 women that we don't yet know.  One of them looks to be either a light skinned black woman, or hispanic.  The two others that are visible are caucasian, maybe one of them is Irish.  I also paused again on the scene with Nathan looking at his reflection.  It's definitely Nathan.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 10-16-2007 18:56 ]

Reply #42 roca's post

Thank you!  That's precisely what I was referring to.

Reply #44 SirAlain's post

It can't be her.  The woman in the picture is too young and this picture was obviously taken within the past couple of years (in the storyline).  It is possible it was Monica's mother, who died in Katrina.  Also, though it hasn't yet been revealed on the show, the unidentified man (one of them anyway) is named Adam Monroe, according to sources on the net.  We still don't know who he's connected to though.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 10-22-2007 13:12 ]

Reply #46 xxjujuxx's post

To keep you coming back for more, of course.   It definitely makes it must see TV.

Reply #48 roca's post

You're right.  I hadn't thought of that.  Of course it can't be Monica's mother.  Good pick up.  I agree that I don't think one of the people in the picture is the killer, for the same reason as you.  I don't think it's West, but that's not impossible.  Whoever was attacking Angela was able to do more than fly...it looked like they could disappear.  Could it be Peter somehow?  Next week's episode introduces Kristen Bell, and she's in Ireland on the lookout for Peter.  I want to know why.

Reply #50 gypsiegirl66's post

That thought, about Nathan, had crossed my mind too.  The only thing is, he was outside the room when his mother was being attacked, so in that incident, it couldn't have been him...at least I don't think so.

Reply #55 roca's post

I'm sure there's a reason for it having to do with the storyline, but possibly they did that because they don't know who they will cast if that character comes into the story.  It's possible, since Hiro and Peter can time travel...or to be more accurate...bend the space/time continuum.

Reply #57 SirAlain's post

Why do you say that?  Candace is dead, and after just watching "Fight or Flight" I don't see the correlation.  Do you mean Elle, the character played by Kristen Bell?  Even if you mean her, how did come to the conclusion that she and Parkman are related?  Just wondering.

[ Last edited by  waterlilybarb at 10-23-2007 00:29 ]

Reply #63 SirAlain's post

I see where your coming from now.  It's plausible, but since Candace/Michelle/Betty is now dead, I don't think it will play a very big part in the story, if any.

From the interview I read with Tim Kring & Kristen Bell, Elle has been raised by The Company...no idea yet as to who her parents are.  She's to provide some insight, a cautionary tale, if you will, as to what happens to someone who has grown up knowing about their abilities and being taught how to use them.  Considering she's been raised by The Company, her value system as to right and wrong is rather warped.

Re: the comics, imarielle could be right.  There's no reason that the comic Micah shows Monica has to be a new edition.  It could easily be an older copy that he remembered, to show Monica a power like hers.  Also, Isaac gave Hiro & Ando copies of unpublished comics.  The art work was in them but not the dialogue.  The Company took them, so if it is new, it's possible they're continuing to have them published to draw out more people with abilities.

Reply #67 gypsiegirl66's post

I hear ya' about the copycat power.  I could knit properly, play the instruments I've always wanted to learn, and, I suppose, if I watched a video of someone learning a language I could speak any language I wanted.  SWEET!

Re: Matt and his dad, I was surprised too, but sometimes we do foolish things when it comes to long-lost relatives.

Reply #69 gypsiegirl66's post

I always read the GN's...how else could I come up with those questions for the quizzes?
I'm not sure who you're talking about though.  Sylar is in Molly's dream, but I didn't see anyone "up there".  In fact, where do you mean?  Is that the GN you're referring to?

I don't want to say too much...have to be careful not to give away any answers to this weeks quiz.

60 123
Thread