Thread
Printable Version

The girly`s ......giggle box

Reply 3500#3500 studiojek's post

This year has been ridiculous with amount new show and current show returning

Reply #3498 nye87's post

whoo hoo - it's so good to hear from you, nye. but i am sorry to hear about your grandmother, i hope she isn't in a lot of pain. i wish i could have spent more time with my grandma before she died - living so far from your family can be very difficult at times. i'm glad that you are able to be with yours.

waterlilybarb - can't wait to see the pictures. that gobstoppers image is so clear in my head that there's no need to google it! hope they get done with the paint fumes quickly.

studiojek - it is crazy to see a little alien turn into a little person right in front of your eyes. it's unbelievable how quickly they grow up
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Hey Girlies.
Very Long time no visit I know but had so much happen in my life and something had to give. No real details to go into but things have settled back down now and im back in UK. New job, New House, Same wife, well 2 out of 3 aint bad .

I hope all is well with everyone and Im still welcome to pop in from time to time now things have setlled.
See you around the boards...

Reply 3503#3503 casper27's post

Nice to have you back

Reply 3503#3503 casper27's post

Nice to see you Craig!   Pleased to hear things are going well - that is a lot of change, but glad to hear you kept your wife...or should I say, she kept you?

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.  You've been missed.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Cheers guys and gals. Im at the computer for alot of my time during work now so will be popping in quite regular. Glad to see so many old faces and new ones on here still. Just been poking around reading up on some of the new shows and activities going on.
Now wheres the gentlemans club got to....

Reply 3506#3506 casper27's post

Just who are you calling an old face?

The gents just aren't as chatty as we are, so that thread just keeps dropping.

I been trying keep it popular

Hey Craig, nice to see you back

Nice to see you back Craig! I'm hardly ever around but come visit all you people over here in the Giggle Box when I can =)

sddvasquez - YES, the alien is getting so big, so fast! Just took her first steps a week ago!! =)

p.s. Hi Barb! Forgot to send a shout-out to ya =) How's things at your apartment?

And you too Shinny, hey there! =)

Ok, and everyone else I haven't spoken to in ages: HELLO out there earthlings! =)

[ Last edited by studiojek at 10-12-2010 12:06 ]

Reply 3511#3511 studiojek's post

Hello there you. Wow, Sofia is 15mths already? That time has flown by!! How have you been keeping?

I'm off to visit my appendix next week Studio, lol. My return visit to New York. This time I am flying solo but staying with a friend who lives there and I'll also be visiting some family I have from New York. I met my Dad's cousin for the first time this year when he came to visit me in the hospital! We kept missing him the time before that when we were over but this time I was a sitting duck, so to speak. He's such a funny character. I had to ask him to leave the time he came to visit me in the hospital because it was hurting me so much to laugh after the op!!!

[ Last edited by shinny at 10-12-2010 23:34 ]

Reply 3511#3511 studiojek's post

Coming along.  The work downstairs is slowly getting finished, so hopefully the ruckus will soon be over.  I have some friends coming by this week to help with some unpacking, so am hoping things will finally get somewhat organized.

Good grief!  I can't believe how one little holiday has thrown my week off kilter.  I didn't remember until Monday evening that it was Monday, then yesterday, I went out to do errands, and got home late, but thought it was Monday.  Thankfully, NCIS airs tonight on the Canadian channel, so I can catch it, and I'm loading Caprica right now.  Thanksgiving is not a really big deal in Canada, especially compared to American Thanksgiving, so there aren't as many visual reminders.  It's pretty sad that I've been mixed up for days though as to which day of the week it is.   Certainly helps me have more compassion for elderly ones who deal with such memory issues on a daily basis.

Reply 3514#3514 waterlilybarb's post

Lol Barb, hope you are back on track by now. I woke up on Tuesday morning thinking it was Friday. That was a harsh slap in the face. My Monday was so crazy it felt like practically a whole work week!!

Reply 3515#3515 shinny's post

OOH!  THAT is a slap in the face!  Hope the rest of your week went by more quickly - in a good way.

Ladies (and any fellas that feel like replying):

This will seem odd, but I am curious.  I'm sure most of you have played the game, either as a parent or a child, of "this little piggy went to market" at some time in your life.  My question is, what meal did your 3rd piggy eat?  In the nursery rhymes, it's roast beef.  In my family it was corned beef & cabbage (guess our family background from THAT meal ).  My curiousity arises because I was remembering this today & how my mother was convinced that her version was the correct one. lol  I'm wondering if the meal changes from culture to culture, or if my family is unique...which wouldn't surprise me at all, since my Great Grandmother was a professional actress, and mighty good liar (she would have deemed it putting on a "private" performance) when it suited her purposes.

See my post #3516 for a giggle

MONDAY!  House & Castle are on, I'm so tired, but am hoping I can watch them & then crash for a real night's sleep.  Not a wink last night and on again off again naps today.  Glad to have something I enjoy to watch.

Wow, time really gets away from me. I'm off to bed but I wanted to quickly thank everyone for their responses. My grandmother actually turned out to be Cancer-free. Her surgery was to take place in Manhattan and right before the biopsy, they decided to do another CT scan and thank God they did because they realized that she actually had a lung infection instead of Cancer. It was so weird, I've never heard of that mistake being made and I was a little skeptical at first, but it was a completely different hospital that had diagnosed her. I'm going to seriously try to log on more often sometime between my 3 jobs. lol! Take care everyone!

Shinny, I didn't get to fully read the old posts but I hope you're ok and I'll try my best to read and reply tomorrow. Hope all is well with you (and your apartment) too, Barb...and everyone else! Good night.

Reply 3518#3518 nye87's post

That's great news Jannah!  I'm delighted for your Grandmother to be cancer free, and that they found out BEFORE doing surgery.

Things are coming along, slowly but surely with the apartment.  Finally got my books unpacked, with a LOT of help from some friends.

hey, casper - good to see you!

studiojek - glad the little one is keeping you busy! have you guys had flu yet? i know those little germ carriers have to build their immune systems but it's TERRIBLE to have a little sick one

nye - that is fabulous about your grandma (not the misdiagnosis and surgery scheduling part - how scary!) and hope her recovery is quick now.

waterlilybarb - so tell them to be done already so we can see the work! i'm glad things are getting sorted. the little monster loves the little piggies and ours is "roast beef". it might be canonical but that doesn't make it right. i always make up words to songs and will hear nothing about people who tell me that i've got it wrong!
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

Thread