35 12
Thread
Printable Version

SOLVES MOST VIEWING PROBLEMS!

SOLVES MOST VIEWING PROBLEMS!

sitting waiting after hitting play does nothing..you can leave it for 5 days and it will just sit there?

Why you might ask?  Good question, you see its waiting on a connection, but its not making the connection, so, It will just sit there waiting, and waiting and waiting.

So how do I solve such a dilema? Good Question!

A. You can refresh your browser after waiting about 10 seconds and not seeing the first frame, then refresh hit play again, and repeat until you see that first frame. When you see that first frame. DATA is CROSSING! you will see your show.

or...

B. Click Play, wait a few seconds, Click STOP, wait, CLICK PLAY, REPEAT! again until you see that first frame. make sure you wait 5 to 10 seconds between hitting Play and hitting Stop.

This should work, as I have watched an entire season over the last couple days of Prison Break.

Have Fun and Keep Watching!
Recent Ratings
  • stone Points +2 Excellent,keep up your good work 4-19-2007 14:49
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Yeah, thats what I do, watched most of Grey's Anatomy without too many problems. Once it starts up its fine, its just getting the intial 1% to load is tricky.

addtional solutions here for you to try

1. Download the Firefox at http://www.friendvista.com/firefox/,'cause you know it has been processed than the commom ones .and it is more convenient to use .
2. You could become the VIP members through donation and other means , and the VIP channel is among the best .

Yes, we could do that.... Or perhaps the inadequacies of the player could be improved upon?
I get that this site is free, and it always has the most up-to-date selection of the best shows, however as a result it has claimed a monopoly on all links for other sites, instead of capable link finders looking on better quality sites, they just direct here.

Essentially every problem has been noted before, and truthfully I occasionally get on a good role with this site in terms of continuity of playback etc... However as far as the player goes; the pause button is redundant as it doesn't pause at all, it simply resets the loading, and the frame navigator is also redundant as it doesn't allow you to actually navigate through the video. I guarantee that if just those two problems were addressed, people would have much easier way of using the player.

And again, I do appreciate this service being around, how you manage to get episodes faster than everyone else astounds me. Keep up the good job.

This worked for me to, but not anymore, it starts anytime, but loads one y one procent., but now i discovered when i load it almost fully(one by one percent) and you click above in the frame, were normally stands faq: is this video unavailable and click on previious (internet) and click play you can watch it smoothly

All in all, TV-Video works for me!  It has ALL or most rather than some episodes of the best TV shows.  I do totally agree with the pause button being redundant and that you can't navigate, but I can deal with that.  My biggest gripe is that about three weeks ago, I started watching the many House episodes I missed last year, and although I got through a few of them with the one by one percent loading thing, there's one episode in particular that simply will not play past thirty-five percent.  When it gets to that point, the picture freezes and the loading percent just keeps going.  One time it loaded to 320 % before I finally gave up and restarted it--for the umpteenth time!  Has this happened to any of you?  Also, it says on the website to post viewing problems in the forum.  I didn't see any forum link until I went to the Vip Channel link, which lead me here.  Meanwhile, I'm still not sure where to post the problem.  Can someone redirect me?

Happy viewing!!!
Linda

I tend to watch it and let it play in the background when things load up and switch when I'm getting image and sound again
It would be nice to be able to navigate through the episode without having the whole thing load again, but I don't know enough to be able to say wheter this is fixable or not. Probably not otherwise you would have done it

Well that's it I guess...

Possible Fix For REAL PLAYER ERROR

Please try this, it was posted by Dragon73. He has stated that he has had success with this after he changed settings in REALPLAYER.  I have not tested this myself yet, but found it while reading through the posts.  Here is what he wrote.

dragon73

Post at 4-24-2007 05:40 PM  Profile | P.M.

In Real Player I went to Tools > Preferences > Connection.

I clicked the test connection button and changed my settings accordingly.

I selected the lowest DSL/Cable connection, but it obviously depends on your connection type. I found that being conservative on your connection speeds helps.

I also found that wiring my PC to the modem instead of wireless worked better.

I have successfully watched Prison Break now using this method which I had previously had problems in watching.

Also he suggested the following.

In addition make sure the Cache on demand stream box is checked under Playback settings

Need Help

I have read several things about correcting some "general error" problems with realplayer, but has anyone had the player stop, say it was "communicating", reload, begin to play -- play for say about 5 minutes, stop, "communicating", reload, etc., and then stop and say "timeout" or "connection to server could not be established.  You could be experiencing a network problem.  Well the only thing wrong with that is that everything is connected -- email, my computer phone,  instant messaging, etc.  This happened a lot with Grey's Anatomy, but then I switched and tried to watch Desperate housewives....now it cuts off completely.  Yep I've emptied the cookies, changed speeds, etc. I have turned off and on the pop up blocker, exited programs.  These problems did not happen until recently - say in the last week or so - I say this because other test ran pretty smoothly.  Any suggestions?

Need Help - Part 2

Sorry... here's the other part of the message - it says the problems information:  http://server1.tv-video.net/rme/ ... E223E68F2990A2FEDA2

hmmm...sorry that Dragon's tips did not solve your situation...

Anyone else know a way to solve this?

Thx 4 the advise and thx 4 putting the help from dragon on this threath, tumbs up dognxtdoor hope to see you soon as one of the mods :-)) and all of the other soon to be mods  ;-)

Thank you keighleigh I look forward to giving out credits to so many posters that deserve it such as your self. I hope to see you on whatever channel becomes mine I will be sure to let everyone know where they can find me.

Still not working right

I hate to complain, but I've tried everyone's suggestions and it still won't work for me!  Well it will start, but then it freezes, like someone else said and keeps loading to what seems to be infinity.  If I stop it and start again (or reload the page) after that it will play a bit farther, but it keeps happening.  I've tried going through this cycle to get to the end of an episode to watch it through smoothly, but either it takes waaaaaaay more time than I have or it will go up to a certain point and then start freezing earlier when I try to restart it.  I have Firefox, I have real player, I'm on a Mac w/ osx (idk if that changes things).  Any other suggestions?

It's ok, I know it is frustrating, but with all the current donations, I am sure you will see improvements over both sites, the VIP was done on very little contributions from users, and now with all those contributions coming in to use it, I can only imagine the improvements we will see on this site. Please be patient. I will not repeat the number of pieces of advice I am sure you have read and tried. I can only hope it will get better for you.

Have Fun and Keep Watching

I have also found that increasing your time-out on the RealPlayer significantly cuts down on time-outs. Part of the issue is that if Realplayer does not receive information from the server within a certain amount of seconds (Default is usually only around 30 secs), it gives a time-out. In periods of high traffic, a lower time-out number causes more errors.
Tools->Preferences->Connection->Network Time-Out

I currently have it set 300/300 and it seems to help significantly.

Also ensure that underneath the Network Time-Out section, you have the box checked that says Assume I am Online.

I still occasionally am having problems, but they are rarely time-outs.

I don't know how low the bandwidth is, but it took literally 2 and a half hours to download a 20-minute episode of Family Guy. I have a decent connection, so I know the problem is not on my end. But it's so frustrating! I'll get 3 or 4 seconds of footage to play, and then it has to buffer again. Is there any way to improve this? I've gone through this thread and tried a lot of the options advised, but nothing works.

awww, dognxtdoor, i have to say what i am going to say. Your little speech was really sweet.. sorry i really needed to say that "Thank you keighleigh I look forward to giving out credits to so many posters that deserve it such as your self." Sorry i do not watch the office, and as it is reserved for VIP members,I prefer to preserve my points for DH!!

niptuck 315 - can't view

Hello,

I have watched all of season 3 of niptuck except for episode 315 without any problems. When I click on episode 315 the tv video net player doesn't even show up, nothing shows up, except for a white blank box.  Can anyone please tell me what might be wrong or how I can view this video, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers
Recent Ratings
  • keigleigh Points +2 thx for the report 8-28-2007 02:34

35 12
Thread