105 123456
Thread
Printable Version

Reaper Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Reaper Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

ok i like this show very much because it amusing how story-line makes you laugh sometime i still think first episode was the best out one available i'm looking forward to tomorrow episode it nice to actually come here and watch it.

[ Last edited by spratt89 at 3-13-2015 00:20 ]

Reply #1 bala's post

I agree... I LOVE KEVIN SMITH....if you don't know anything about him, he is writer/director.. He has made some films and now this show. He is a local guy for me, we went to the same High school, and there are lots of references to our home town, he is really funny. Check out some of his movies

Clerks (his first film, low budget, hilarious though)
Mall Rats
Chasing Amy ( I was an extra in this one my 15 seconds of fame)
Dogma
Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back
Jersey Girl
Clerks II
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Reply #2 dognxtdoor's post

I won't be checking out this show, but I've seen some of Kevin's movies.  You're right, he's a very funny guy.  Have you seen some of the things he's done for Leno on The Tonight Show?  Really funny!

p.s. Cool that you got to be an extra Dan.
Remember to KISS......Keep It Simple Stupid!

Reply #2 dognxtdoor's post

yeah that's neato. the premise to the show really turned me off. selling one's soul to the devil is just not my thing but when my husband (a roman catholic theologian, btw) said it was amusing i tuned in. it is obviously from kevin smith's hand and although a little less intelligent than, say dogma, (really, he totally blew off the free will argument in the first episode, which is quite revealing as to how they're going to end this show) it still has a nice hopeful feel unlike, say torchwood, which is beating you over the head almost every episode with how "there is nothing else out there".

we're going to watch another episode. and where should we look for you, little dog, when we rent chasing amy?

[ Last edited by  sddvasquez at 10-22-2007 01:11 ]
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

I am like everyone else. Did not want to watch this show. However I found myself out of points the other day and being spoiled on the VIP channel. I decided to give it a go. and wow this show is really cute and funny. They have blown off the question of how could someone else sell your soul and free will but in a way that has caused a mystery. And the contract , why did daddy burn it?

Reply #5 gabsimom's post

it obvious why dad burnt it , there a condition about him in the contract.

Reply #6 bala's post

Yeah but what condition? or was the whole sick thing a lie?

Reply #7 gabsimom's post

i'm sure we will find by end of the season

I also kind of stumbled upon this show because I didn't yet have any VIP points.  It was definitely more entertaining than I expected!  It's funny how the friends get involved in trying to catch the lost souls, you would think one wouldn't really tell anybody about being the Devil's soul catcher.  But it makes it much more entertaining to have the three of them trying to figure out how the portals work, and the best way to catch the souls!  It should be interesting to see what other little family secrets come out.

When I first came onto VIP, I was forced (yes, forced, not out of points) to watch something free as I was a "newcomer." I started with this, which I thought was OK, if I had the time to actually watch it (and when is that, exactly?). It's funny and good to watch out of all of those crime shows. I expect great things.

Reply #4 sddvasquez's post

we're going to watch another episode. and where should we look for you, little dog, when we rent chasing amy?

sorry for the late reply...during the comic book convention, the whole "black Rage" thing, I am sitting a couple seats over from Ben Afleck, who at the time was a no-body.  I was just a youngin but i have light brown hair, was skinny, and i believe I had my hand on my chin like i was listening intently....."oooh such the actor..also i am one of the last to run from the room"
A Fine Member of the Mod  Squad!

Channel 4 in the UK have picked this up, which means we'll get to see it in Ireland too on SKY. I've seen a few promo clips, is it worth getting into?

Reply 12#12 shinny's post

I really like it. Has just the right touches of light and dark humor.

I'm a big Kevin Smith fan too btw (Dogmas my favorite movie)
"To be nobody but yourself in a world that's doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting."
E. E. Cummings

Hidden contents in this thread can be viewed after replied only.

Reaper is one of the best new shows this year.  I love this show and was gutted when the strike caused it to stop.  I can't wait for the writers to go back to work so there will be some more episodes.  Sock is the best character and I just watched invasion where he plays a character with a similar atitude and I think he plays both really well.

great show and can't wait for more

Racing to the finish

I really enjoyed this show. I'm glad that I got to see. I'm totally into it now. I think that sock is like the most awesome character and I like all of Sam's other friends as well. Overall, I give it a 9/10! Thanks a lot, now I have another show to watch in my spare time. Racing to the Finish.

we've watched all the episodes and they were rather amusing. ben is our favorite (gotta love the latino power!) although we think ted’s micromanagement is absolutely hilarious. ben provides some necessary balance on the ridiculousness of the whole “deal with the devil” concept.

and wasn’t that a creepy little growly dog? speaking of dogs, we still haven’t gotten to see chasing amy yet

we're racing to the finish!
...the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me

I love this show

I didn't realise it was by Kevin Smith though ..... no wonder I liked it!

My favourite character is probably Sam .... I soooo want things to work out between him and Andy, just tell her dammit

Sock always reminds me of Jack Black for some reason, so even though I love his character every time I watch it Im, "stop trying to be Jack so hard"

"racing to the finish"
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass ..and I'm all out of bubblegum

RACING TO THE FINISH

This is the first time I watched this show and I am glad that I did.  It wasn't at all like I thought it would be.  It was funny.  Who would ever think that the devil could be nice.    It reminded me of the Ghost busters.
Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Great show. I think I might have found my moonlight in between show, lol.

It's actually a great idea for a show and the characters are all brilliant. Best line in this episode...."meet the smecker checkers"

Racing to the finish

105 123456
Thread