Thread
Printable Version

Reaper Season 1-2 General Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Interesting show.  The idea is new.  I actually enjoyed it.  Makes the devil seem almost human

Racing to the finish
"I reject your reality and substitute my own."  Adam Savage

I watched this show when it first came to the site and quite enjoyed it than so it was nice to go back to the begining and watch the first episode again for the race.  
I love kevin smith and had no idea this was some of his work but now that i know i can see some of his humour in it.
i wished that we found out more about the contract and the now missing page from it before the season ended do to writers strike.  it will be great when the new shows start airing again to find out more about it.

racing to the finish!

"Don't warn the tadpoles!"
"Don't warn the tadpoles?"
"I... I have frog fear." -- Willow

really like the show, Sam's sidekick is v.funny. I like Kevin Smith's humour...like the music too..

argh...racing to the finish...forgot to say

Season 1 Episode 1

This was a great season premier, I loved when Sam jumper across the room and pushed the box that was going to land on Andi, One of my favourite parts from this episode was when the dogs chased Sam though the store, another part I like the parts when the Devil kept turning up out of nowhere to freak Sam out, but the look on Sam's face when his dad told him they sold his sole to the Devil before he was born was good, I could not stop laughing when they opened up the vessel and it ended up moving the truck, my favourite part was when Sam tried to capture the Escaped sole and in the end finally did. Overall great episode and lots of laughs. (My Score 9/10)

Season 1 Episode 2

Sam wakes up one day and finds out he has electricity powers. The Devil tells him that the powers are to help capture the next being, an escaped soul who absorbs electricity. Sock is still as funny as he was in the first episode and Ben still gets hurt during the battle against the escaped soul from hell. to contain the Evil Soul that escaped from hell, Sam gets a remote control. this episode was so cool, Sock was so hilarious when he was smashing the wood things. Again another great episode of Reaper. (My Score 8/10)

Season 1 Episode 3

Sam has to catch a soul that uses bugs to kill people. Sam gets the vessel which is a toaster, Sam, Sock and Ben find the bugs but the bugs kill an exterminator. Andi's going back to college full time which is sad for Sam. Sam finds out that Harold Bunsen is not the killer, but a woman who is made up of bugs is, she killed Harold's wife because she thought she was coming between her and Harold , but Harold was in it because she was good in bed. Sam realises the faulty toaster is actually like a bug zapper and breaks it, capturing the soul. Then the Devil makes it so Andi doesn't go back to school. Very good episode. (My Score 7/10)

Season 1 Episode 4

Sam's new assignment is a magician who hates the public for personal reasons. the magician stabs one person with a real sword and he survives, but dies 5 mins later. Andi asks Sam on a date to somewhere, but he can't because the devil won't let him. he then has to go to the magic show to save Andi but Ted won't let him, so Sam agrees to work the next 4 weekends. Sam wants the contract his parents signed; Sam & Sock uses Ben's bird (Winston) to capture the magicians soul. (My Score 8/10)

Season 1 Episode 5

Sam is delivered a copy of the contract his parents signed, but it is thousands of pages long - and in Latin - so his dad offers to help translate it. Meanwhile, Sam finds he can't stop slipping and falling when he walks and realizes it is connected to the latest demon. With Josie's help, the trio discover the escaped soul is the former head of a chemical company that dumped toxic waste. The devil also tells Sam that the guy Andi is seeing is seeing 2 other women but Sam does not know that they are his Sisters, overall a good episode. (My Score 8/10)

Season 1 Episode 6

I really liked this episode. We don't actually get to see the chase of the first soul, just when they catch it. I loved that, And when they can't send it back to hell, because all hell has a few days off because of it being Halloween, I like the whole arguing thing in this episode, Andi and Sam, Sam and Sock. It seems that Sam changes a bit in this episode and gets more confidence. Maybe it's the talk he had with Sock about the pumpkin-costume, But Sam finally stands up to Andi, and she forgives him, and he sort off stands up to the Devil, who seems really surprised. Who would have known that Sam would be the Devil's favourite worker? (My Score 9/10)

Season 1 Episode 7

This was an instant classic. Sam, Sock and Ben must stop a couple obsessed with a movie from the late 70's. When Sock and Ben broke out singing Radar Love I could not stop laughing, I loved the campy 70 style action movies was great. Having Curtis Armstrong in as the creepy drug addict co-worker was awesome. Was really good when Sam, Sock and Ben went to Russ's house to watch the movie but the other part I liked was when Andi took Sam into the Ted free zone, What really cinched this episode for me was the very last scene with Sam and the Devil in the bar, then Sam left and the Devil changed the song on the jukebox, overall a very good episode. (My Score 8/10)

Season 1 Episode 8

I really liked this episode. The part where Sock actually sympathizes with Gladys was hilarious. I loved that she got back at him with naughty dreams about them being together, I liked that Sam finally seemed to have some reaction to Greg, who by the way was a total douchebag. I'm glad that Andi finally broke things off with him, and it Kinda seems like she is considering Sam a bit Let's hope so. The story about the soul was really great, but I'm still not too sure about the bird-tattoo, I thought there was a lesson in the apparent suicide of the policeman. The devil says that he can decide at any time to kill the souls he owns. (My Score 8/10)

Season 1 Episode 9

Sam has to fix appliances at a lady's house and this lady apparently has the devil as her boyfriend. Interesting. Sam has to capture a spirit that is invisible and is out to get all of the families that had someone cremated at his funeral home. In the end, the spirit went to the devil's girlfriend's house to kill her, but Sam stops him. Oh, then the lady breaks up with the devil and we find out that she has a daughter. Interesting. Oh, and the stuff with Ben's the grandmother was hilarious. (My Score 8/10)

Season 1 Episode 10

This was a great episode, I love the fact that Sam isn't corrupted by all that money, and that he keeps on being "good" even though he has seen and experienced a lot of evil so far. Sock apparently burned down his old girlfriend’s apartment, So he used the money to buy all the stuff that was lost in the fire for her. Sam has a new girlfriend, Cady, who may be the devils daughter. I like that twist, Sam really doesn't seem to believe it until he sees the flowers she has just touched wither and die.

Season 1 Episode11

So Jamie Kennedy was in this episode. he did a good job in this episode, I'm glad he didn't steal to much of the other guys thunder. I thought this episode had quite a few surprises. First of all, we get to see Socks mom. I liked that we got to know a bit more about Sock that way. And the hole Andi vs. Cady-thing was awesome. Cady really freaked me out at the end when she threatened Andi that way. How can she not tell Sam that? I like that Sam stood up to the devil and tried to keep him from doing his "work". All in all, a prette good episode, (My Score 8/10)

Season 1 Episode12

Sock got kicked out of his moms house and now lives inside the Work Bench, So he covinces Sam and Ben to move into a apartment with him. Their neighbours are a couple called Steven and (i think its Terry), Anyway the escaped soul is invisible and kills anyone who he sees and Sam, Sock and Ben try to catch him, and they do at the end, anyway, Sam gets these glasses to see the true demon in anyone and uses them to find out that Cady is not the devils daughter. She leaves the show and Sam finds out the couple thats living next door to him are demons! (My Score 9/10)

Season 1 Episode 13

This was a great episode, Sam, Sock and Ben discuss the fact that they are living next door to demons, and start to act weird around them, but by the end they are friends again, Andi finally tells Sam how she really feels about him, but Sam does not know what to say to Andi, The latest escaped soul is killing people who are more beautiful than her, she kills her victim's by throwing acid over them, Sam finds out that Andi is her next victim, Sam managers to save Andi but only just, but Andi gets hurt after a car crash.  (My Score 9/10)

Season 1 Episode 14

This was one of my favourite episodes, Sam, Sock and Ben chase down the latest escaped soul, Andi tells Sam life is too short and tell Sam they on going on a real date, Steve and Tony tell Sam they are in a group to try and take down the Devil, and with Sam's help they believe they have a way of beating him but the Devil knows what was going on all along and takes action against them by killing them all, but Tony was the only one to survive and looked really mad due to the fact he believes that Sam sold him out, (My Score 9/10)

Season 1 Episode 15

I love the way the story keeps evolving!! After Andi by accident sees Sam "killing" a soul, she is terrified of him, and threatens to go to the police. In order to stop her, Sam strikes a deal with the devil (not a good idea...) so he can tell her the truth. Off course she doesn't believe him, until the guys take her to see Tony, and he turns into a demon in front of her. Sam finally tells her that he loves her,The sidestory is that now both Sam and Sock have a girlfriend, they want to find one for Ben. Ben has a list over qualities he wants a future girlfriend to posses. While pondering if it's too specific, he ends up marrying a girl for her to get her green card, Great episode, (My Score 9/10)

Season 1 Episode 16

Andi's ex boyfriend, Greg, returns, and the Devil made a deal with him. The Devil has his soul, and Greg has mind control powers, and when he gets angry, a masked serieal killer from Gregs favourite Horror movie is unleashed. Greg uses his powers to try and split Andi and Sam apart. The Devil then suggests to Sam one way to stop Gregs murderous inner self, killing him. Sam, Sock and Ben try to kill him, but can't, so they try to help him, but end up running from the killer. They knock Greg out, stopping the killer and Sam uses his get out of hell free card to save Gregs soul. Very good episode, (My Score 9/10)

Thread